Peach Tree Retirement - Yakima, WA

Needed the Extras

I didn't like this community too much. It seemed like it's not as organized as it should be. It wasn't up to my standards. It has private ownership and they don't have many amenities like those who are owned by an company. It was not for us.

Everything the person showed us she said this isn't working now but we will get it up and running soon. Cafeteria style meals...how is an old person with a cane or walker suppose to get their tray and food and go to a table? Not up to par.

The best thing I could ever done!

My mother unfortunately fell last January at home and began her recovery at Good Samaritan. After completing her care there she was still not able to return to her home.Wanting her independence but still needing assistance we chose Peach Tree. It offered all mom needed three delicious meals served in a community dining area with snacks and drinks available 24/7.The center has Church services each week and a variety of monthly events occur , with exercise equipment and a huge yard available. I feel God blessed us with the perfect spot for mom to continue to recover. I know she is safe, yet still independent and she has meet some wonderful new friends. I highly recommend Peach Tree Retirement Center.

We love Peach Tree Retirement Center

I was recently tasked with finding my Dad a new home here in Yakima. He is 65 years young and suffered a stroke four years ago, causing slight paralysis and short term memory loss; the time had come to move him closer to myself, my brother and our families. A move 175 miles away from his home in a lush mountain canyon surrounded by acres of grass trees shrubs and wildlife was going to be no easy task.
My search began in Yakima a few weeks ago at assisted living facilities, and adult family homes. They were terrible and my heart sank. How could I place my Dad in a place like this with much older residents crammed in like sardines, two to three persons per bedroom, no privacy and nothing nice to look at out the window. And many were multiple stories with stairs or elevators. Many required an appointment to go and tour-as if they had something to hide. Cost was also an issue as my Dad has a limited income. These homes were expensive, but also provided more nursing care. Dad is still mobile and can take care of himself, just needed more well rounded meals provided and a reminder to take his medicine. I felt as if I would never find him a place that met his needs where he would feel comfortable.
On a whim I called Peach Tree Retirement Center and was warmly greeted by the activities director Dave. He would happily give me a tour even though the Director Barbara was out on some errands. My five year old son and I zipped on over and I knew immediately when I parked my car that this was the home I was looking for! I'm not kidding, the clouds parted and a light shined down on these beautiful grounds of grass, trees, flowers, chirping birds and smiling old ladies sitting on the front stoop. The 4 acres of property reminded me so much of where my Dad has lived for the last 30 years! I knew in my heart he would be comfortable here, and it was only a mile away from my home.
Dave made a balloon animal for my son and gave us a tour, allowed me to take photos to share with my family, and even offered us snacks. I loved the community dining room, commercial kitchen, mini store, barber shop, exercise room, vegetable garden, game room, and individual resident rooms. Very ample in space, everything is wheelchair accessible (if needed) and the whole facility is on one level. And the views from the windows! I absolutely loved it!
And the staff!! We met many of the staff on our first visit. Ernie, one of the cooks even hunted us down on the property and gave us some freshly made cookies! Everyone looked happy and smiling, residents went out of their way to tell me how much they enjoyed living here. My mind was made up, this was the place! I thanked Dave for taking time to show us around unannounced, and headed for the car. I couldn't wait to show my family the photos and tell them all about Peach Tree.
As we were leaving, we ran into Barbara the Executive Director. What a sweet lady! She put down her shopping errands and invited us into her office. We talked about my Dad and his needs, about finances, and a potential move-in date. Barbara provided me with phone numbers of additional agencies in Yakima to reach out to for support. She was so helpful and especially kind to my son, who I must say was getting rather bored of all this "grandparent home" shopping. Over the following week I must have called Barbara a hundred times at all hours of the day with more questions/concerns. Each time she happily spoke to me as if we were old school friends and assured me I was not bothering her in the least. She even allowed me to place some recently purchased furniture for my Dad in his room before his move-in date.
What a treat Peach Tree has turned out to be! I am happy to report my Dad has moved in and is happy as a clam. He reports the food is tasty, but he might have to quit eating or he'll get too fat, there is so much food! I personally cannot say enough good things about Barbara and her staff. Thank you for making this move so easy for our family!! Give Peach Tree Retirement Center a visit...you'll love it!

very friendly

The staff at Peach Tree Retirement are really very friendly. They do an excellent job taking care of mom. The food seems good, but I have not actually tasted it myself. I really like that they have a beauty shop there. Mom just recently got a perm and really likes it. It's a great place and things are going very well with them.

Welcome to Peach Tree Retirement. We are an independent living senior facility located on four acres in a residential area of West Yakima, Washington. If you are looking for a large bright apartment with great neighbors and very friendly staff, you are looking in the right place.