Avamere at Wenatchee - Wenatchee, WA

Review of Avamere

My part time caregiver also helps me

Enjoy living here

Review of Avamere

Food service not so good cold in evening. it is really clean and cared for. friendly staff.

Review of Avamere

Have lived here for 5 1/2 years and it is a great place to live.

Not the right fit

My husband toured the Columbia Heights and Assisted Living community. They gave a nice presentation and had the opportunity to dine there. The director was fantastic. It was more of a clinical atmosphere, very sterile. We were looking for a smaller, warmer, more intimate atmosphere for our loved ones.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you so much for visiting our Columbia Heights community. We are so happy you enjoyed the tour of our beautiful community!

Beautiful facility friendly tour guide. If you can afford it we would highly recommend it.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you so much! We are very pleased you enjoyed your recent tour of our Columbia Heights community. We hope you come back soon and we would love to discuss ways we can fit it into your budget.

I would NOT recommend!!

I am very upset with the Columbia Heights. I took my mother for respite care there and they did not take good care of her. When we went to pick her up, the room shew was in reeked of urine. They left urine on the bathroom floor. They would leave her in bed all day and not feed her if she did not want to. they did not try at all. I feel like they will promise anything to get your money but once you're in, they don't care.

Not sure what I think of this experience. Time will have to tell.

I am not sure if I am just overly picky but I have not been impressed with the care my dear friend has received. I have had to speak to management three times before my friend was given a bath. She was there for almost two weeks without a bath and in the same clothes. The staff is very friendly and seem to be caring people. I am not so impressed with the follow up to the discussions we have shared. I am glad we are there for a one month trial basis. I may have to move her if I see her continue to be unhappy. She is a very positive person and will always say she is "fine" but in all honesty she tells me she really hasn't met anyone to become friends with. She has the felling the women there are from Wenatchee and don't really have anything in common with someone from George (where she has lived the past 40 years). The meals are very good and she seems to enjoy going to the dinning room and eating with her table mates but none of them visit. They just sit there and eat in silence!

Columbia Heights seemed okay when I moved my parents there, But I tried calling a couple of times and got no return call. A couple of drawbacks for my parents were that the dining room was far away and the parking, and when it's hard to walk a lot, that was difficult for them. The food service was under staffed and they'd have to wait a long time to get their food and the kitchen would run out of certain things by the time they got to my parents. The staff was nice and helpful. The place was okay. My parents will be moving back home though.

I would recommend this place

I would recommend the Columbia Heights Retirement and Assisted Living. My mother is doing fairly well. She adjusted well here. I think its primarily due to the support and friendliness of the staff. We had a few issues of cost. The cost has gone up quite high because my mother required more care. It has been a pretty good experience overall. I would recommend this place.

Half good, half terrible.

Mom was fine in the retirement apartment, but when we had to move her to the assisted living quarters, the price shot up and the care was terrible. Every time we dropped in, which was sometimes daily, something was either not done or done wrong. The straw finally broke the afternoon we dropped in and she was still in bed, hungry and confused. They had forgotten her completely! If you're looking for assisted care, keep on looking.

Columbia Height Assisted Living in Wenatchee, WA

Our family had a great impression of Columbia Heights during the search process. My mother was so impressed that she wanted to pay the deposit that very day. The staff and the facility have been wonderful.

I am concerned that their procedures and practices are not in keeping with our expectations. Unfortunately our experience upon moving in was less than stellar. Although the move-in date was decided a month in advance and indicated on the paperwork we signed they were not prepared for her arrival. The apartment had not been cleaned nor had the work on the AC/Heating been completed. No explanation was given except they didn't know that she was moving in on that date. The name by her door was spelled incorrectly. It still has not been corrected.

My mother's health took a turn for the worse the first month she was there and she ended up needing increased care. There were numerous changes in her health care plan and those directives did not reach the appropriate staff members. We still remain concerned that the medications are not being accurately dispensed and that she is not receiving scheduled showers and room cleaning we asked for. This is troubling and if my mom wasn't happy to be there we might consider moving her to another assisted living facility.

The staff is very compassionate and caring with my mother and we have nothing but praise for that care once it is in place. When mom had a heart attach a staff member stayed in her room and held her while she cried as they waited for the ambulance to arrive.

In a nutshell the problems we encountered were the lack of procedures that would ensure the services paid for are actually provided by staff.

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand it doing at this business.

My grandparents have lived here a month and a half. They are private pay. SO they are making great money off us. I have a grandma that is paralyzed. I rated them low on activities because she can't go on bus tours because there is no nurse to assist her to the bathroom. She was given the wrong medication in the first week, had a fall the first week, Billing is unreadable so you don't know what you are being charged for. Toilets are not cleaned. Staff turn over has been crazy. My grandpa was laughed at when he made a recommendation that they move the dinning room tables to accommodate more space for wheel chairs. We called their corporate office yesterday and filed a complaint but no call has been returned from their district manager yet. We are moving them to somewhere I have had another grandparent before and we are going to be saving $2000 a month,

We loved this facility and ...

We loved this facility and thoroughly enjoyed meeting with Cari Hickman. Mom was comfortable with the environment and Cari. It is just a matter of being able to afford to live in a one bedroom/one bath unit in the independent living section. Beautiful and welcoming environment!

Horrible !!!

My parents said the staff did not give them the care that they needed. In addition, they said the Mgr. Mr. Donald Trump did not know what he was doing...They only stayed there one month. Went to another facility in Wenatchee, where they are still residents..

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback, Annette. We are very interested in learning more specifics on this situation. Our goal at Bonaventure is complete resident satisfaction, so we would sincerely appreciate if you would call our HR department at the Bonaventure Home Office and tell us more about your experience so we can ensure our communities are providing the level of care and support our residents expect and deserve.

Showed us around the facili...

Showed us around the facililty & introduced us to Anita their nurse.

Located in Wenatchee, Washington, Avamere at Wenatchee is close to area hospitals, shopping and services. Our beautifully designed community has been serving the seniors of Chelan County since 2004. Our gracious, home-like environment has an experienced staff. They make Avamere at Wenatchee a great place to live. Call for your personal tour and reserve your apartment today!

Caring, compassion and dignity are more than just words, they are a way of life at Avamere at Wenatchee !