Morning Rainbow Assisted Living - Pasadena, MD

Very impressed with [name removed], the cleanliness of the facility, and their security system! The residents look to be well cared for and content. The rooms are a very nice size and I like that they're all private rooms with their own bathrooms.

I would like to see a published list of activities/events offered at the facility, however.

Clean and orderly, but not suitable for us. Run-down and grubby, peeling paint, TV is the main public activity.

Comfortable

Our loved one seems to be doing well at Morning Rainbow Assisted Living. They provide a place that is pleasant and the communication is good between my family and the staff. They are providing good care and trying to make him more comfortable. We are not always there for meal times, but we are hoping that they are providing healthy choices for our loved one. There is an area they can go out and get fresh air if they want to. They let us know that they do not force the residents to do anything against their wishes. But it might be healthy to go out and enjoy a little fresh air.

Not what we wanted...

When we toured Morning Rainbow Assisted Living, we did not like it. It seemed like everyone was just in one spot and it was not what we were looking for.

Loving Care

This is nice community for care .The staff were helpful and caring. The menu was appealing. The community was clean and maintained. They do offer activiites for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend this community for other families for the good care and value that is received here at a nice community for care

Suits our needs

We are very pleased with Morning Rainbow. My mother is a total care dementia resident and we feel she's getting excellent personalized care there. For example, she eats very little at any meal, so they feed her four small meals a day rather then 3 larger ones. It works well and she's doing much better than she was at the nursing home. Morning Rainbow is clean with a cheery atmosphere and only 16 residents total. If there's a downside, the lovely Chinese people working there only speak marginal English, some not at all. But they are very caring and capable caregivers and the price is reasonable. Also there are few if any activities provided for the residents so my mom spends most of her time in her room watching TV, but that's what she'd be doing anywhere. All in all we would recommend Morning Rainbow to anyone needing long-term dementia care. It's worked well for us and suits our needs,

Exceptional Individualized Care

While my mom lived at the assisted living center the entire staff provided exceptional kindness, care and attention to her as an individual. It was much more like a family environment, with residents, staff members and visitors all showing compassion and care for each other. I was concerned that some of the staff didn't speak much English, but there was ALWAYS at least one person there that did, so it was never an issue. I also felt that the owners didn't care as much about the money as they did about providing excellent care for their clients! I couldn't be more thankful that we chose this assisted living center and will always be grateful for the care they provided to my Mom.

To small!

The were really nice and they did a wonderful job with giving us the tour. The staff answered all of our questions and we did see residents out and doing things. We just did not like that it was so small.

We love it!

The staff here has done a awesome job. I don't know where we would be without [Removed]. She calls to check in on my mother in law when she is not here. There really isn't anything else that she can do. They treat my mother in law with respect and very wonderful.

A Very Good Community

This community is a good place. They gave my wife great treatment while she was there. During the whole time of the care they were excellent. In her last moments they did everything to maker her feel comfortable.

An Exceptional Choice

Our family is extremely grateful to A Place for Mom for recommending Morning Rainbow to us for our parents. They had lived together in their home for over 60 years, however, the time had come for a few changes. David, Wendy and Suzanne at Morning Rainbow have been exceptional care partners for our parents! It is a smaller facility making it feel more home-like for our parents. The personal care is exceptional. The cleanliness of the facility is amazing. The entire staff is hard working, caring and friendly. They have worked hard to help the transition go well. We are very pleased with our choice.

really likes it

Mom really likes it at Morning Rainbow Assisted Living. Mom has been treated really well there by all the staff. It is a shame it's so expensive. So we cannot keep her there permanently. It is a really lovely facility though!

friendly and helpful

I do think Morning Rainbow Assisted Living can do some more work in the maintenance area. My uncle cannot go outside to sit because of the setup, and he would like to be able to do that. The lady, miss Wendy, is very smart and they are all very friendly and helpful.

Nice facility, attentive staff, close to medical center and doctors

It's fabulous. The neighbors are nice,
They cater to her every need.
The respond to questions and concerns that I have quickly and appropriately. The owners are part of every day management. I can reach them directly, and they respond immediately.
Activities are fine.
The location isn't the best for me, but it couldn't be next door to my house; it's OK. It's in a great location for getting to doctors; it's near a medical center, and she has been able to find the doctors and specialists she needs.
We chose the facility because it has a private room, private bath, very clean, affordable for her, employees are caring, and she can stay there for the rest of her life. Great care is given to all of their residents.

We really love this place! They are s...

We really love this place! They are so much better than some other other places we looked at. Some of the other places were trying to charge $9000/mo plus charges for medication and this place just has a much better value. As for the activities, they do offer them, but the residents really don't participate since this is dementia care. We saw much worse places for more than this, and this is all inclusive. They have been wonderful and I can't say enough about them!

Very clean. private rooms & baths. ...

Very clean. private rooms & baths. Rails on beds. Seemed like the care I would provide if I could. Much more care-oriented. Price quoted in advance 3000. Price at tour 2950 + 500 processing fee. Provide own toiletries and diapers.

ok, but no furnished very well and sm...

ok, but no furnished very well and smell of chinese food. Bathroom shower stalls not very clean. Beds were all old hospital beds with rails.Staff very nice. Kitchen not clean looking.

Clean and neat small facility with a ...

Clean and neat small facility with a good ratio between residents and caregivers.

We are a newly renovated Residential Community Home and we offer the tender and loving care needed in a home-like community for Seniors to live a better, longer and healthier life. Each of our private rooms is bright and cheerful, and residents are encouraged to add their own personal touches. Family-style eating arrangements and a family oriented great room is extended to each resident should they desire to share daily family-type activities, such as Bingo, movie-night, and Old Time sing-a-longs. The surrounding environment is one of a family atmosphere full of respect, love, comfort, and support while sharing each resident's interests.

Operated by David and Wendy Wu, they take great pride in offering both long-term and short-term (2-day minimum) stays in a calm and caring surrounding. David was also a doctor when he and Wendy were in China and he brings with him 10 years of hospital experience and a gentle bed-side manner.