Parkwood Highlands - New Berlin, WI

Excellent!

My mother moved into Parkwood Highlands, and overall, it has been a great experience for her and the family. The grounds are well kept and clean, the apartments are also very nice. Some of the appliances are a little outdated, but they are still in great working condition. The staff has also been excellent so far, and they are always happy to help with anything my mother needs. My mother really enjoys how she is able to keep her independence here. She’s able to drive her own car, cook for herself and keep busy with her own activities and errands. Our only small complaints are the location and the trash. The road near the complex can be quite busy; which can make it difficult for my mother to get around. As for the trash, the residents have to take out their own trash in this community. It isn’t far, but getting around may be difficult for some residents. This community and its residents may benefit from a valet trash service. Otherwise, my mother’s experience at Parkwood has been fantastic and we would recommend this complex to others.

Spacious Apartment!!

I have recently made the move into this community and I have no complaints of how things are going. The staff have been helpful during this transition and have made the move very easy for me. My apartment was clean when I moved in and had a lot of space for all my personal things. It has been the perfect fit for me and I could not have chose a better place for my living environment.

A beautiful community!

As I walked around the Parkwood Highlands, I thought it was a very nice place. The community was clean and the tour guide was very nice and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and I did not see anything that needed major improvement.

Excellent facility....May go on their waiting list

Completely independent living. All the privacy you need. A bit pricey.

Overall a great place

This was a very nice place overall, it was nice looking, clean, and the staff were all very friendly. We've only really had one issue that I was upset with. We knew when we moved our loved one in that it was a no-pets facility, which we were fine with. However, they are much stricter on this policy than we realized. You are not allowed to bring pets in for a visit, or even to let them out of your car in the parking lot for a visit there. This is something to be aware of and may be an issue for other families as well.

Parkwood Highlands is conveniently located in New Berlin, WI, and offers a variety of spacious one and two bedroom apartments and townhomes for Active Seniors age 55 or better with some reserved for moderate income seniors.

Our community offers all the amenities of suburban living with the convenience of on-site walking trails, nearby shopping and restaurants, parks and recreation, medical facilities and clinics, farmers markets and a collection of unique specialty shops.

Parkwood Highlands is a pet friendly community where some restrictions apply and we also have pet free zones available.

Our buildings are fully equipped with elevators and locked entrances with intercoms, as well as gas forced-air heat with central air conditioning. Every apartment includes appliances, a balcony or patio, heated underground parking (private townhome garage), additional storage and in-unit private washer/dryer connections or conveniently located laundry room access.

Common areas include an exercise facility, library/media center, community center, and more! Enjoy catered dinners, sports activities, classes and seminars, card games and a variety of social events. Visit us at HighlandsCommunities.com and Live the Highlands Life – Today!