Brookfield Highlands - Waukesha, WI

Beautiful

My mother and I toured Brookfield, and we found it to be a beautiful well-kept complex that would have allowed my mother to maintain her independence. However, it was quite expensive, so we ultimately did not choose it to call home.

Like Community

I like living in this community. Being independent and doing things on my own is important to me. I cook for myself in my own apartment so I know the food is good. The staff and residents seem friendly and helpful when needed. The community is always clean and looks good.

Pretty Close to Perfect

My wife and I are enjoying this community very well. There are activities we are both enjoying. People seem friendly and nice from the residents to the overall staff. We chose to cook in our place so we don't utilize the dining area Everything looks extremely nice and clean from the outside and inside. I would recommend them to anyone.

My Personal Style

I've been very busy since I have moved here so I haven't been able to join some of the activities that they offer but I have been to a few. The community inside and out is very clean and the maintenance is very good.
The staff here is very friendly and accommodating to your needs.
There is no meal provide here so you do your owne cooking.
For the people who don't necessarily like to drive there is transportation services available to residents and it's on a public transportation line. If you drive such as myself there is residential parking which is a nice feature.

The 2 bedroom apartment had a private patio & a patio door that let a lot of light in. There was room for a full size washer & dryer in a closet.

A very good tour!

When I went to tour the Brookfield Highlands, I thought it was a very nice place. The community was clean and the tour guide was very nice and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and I did not see anything that needed major improvement.

Would Not Recommend

Absolutely the worst place to send your parents/grandparents. My father in law has been there for four years now and they have raised the rent, every single year. This is not an exaggeration, every year. They then require after every year that these seniors sign a new annual lease rather than go to shorter terms. These long lease agreements make it difficult to try finding more affordable housing because Brookfield Highlands then states even if you leave, they will still bill you rent even if you do not live at the property. That means they will not only keep your full security deposit, but continue charging rent even if you have moved out.

Should we talk about cleanliness? The HVAC units emit a thick white 'dust-like' buildup throughout the apartment. My father in law has complained multiple times and the concern never got better. His breathing problems have become worse because of this dust.

This company is just that, a company, they do not care about the citizens that live here they are just trying to make money. Don't even bother trying to have a conversation with someone in charge about a 'policy' because they will not budge, it's all about the money with this company.

Michelle Anderson

I would like to extend my apologies to you for the experience your family member had at our community. Whenever we have an unsatisfied customer, we appreciate the opportunity to clear up any misunderstandings and do what we can to ensure that your continued experience with us not only meets, but exceeds your expectations.

With regard to our annual rental increases, we apologize if this was not something that you were aware takes place at rental communities on an almost always, annual basis. As our costs rise, and inflation rises, we, like other rental communities, find ourselves in a position of having to pass along a rent increase to our residents. To remain affordable and competitive, we do a thorough analysis of our competitor’s rental rates, on an annual basis.

Our lease terms are annual, however, we do offer a couple of options to those who may need to break their lease. Our First Year Guarantee, allows our residents to break their lease with a 30-day notice and for any reason, within the first 12 months of their residency. Additionally, for a resident who may have increased healthcare needs and require a community that provides assistance, we do allow a lease break with a 30-day notice and a physician’s letter.

Your concerns regarding the cleanliness of our buildings and the issue with the HVAC unit are very important to us. We pride ourselves on making sure our communities are clean, well maintained and that all resident concerns are addressed promptly. We sincerely apologize if we have not provided you with the attention and resolution that you expected. Resident satisfaction and your continued confidence is of utmost importance to us. We would greatly appreciate an opportunity to further discuss any unresolved issues you may have and encourage you to contact our Property Director, Monday through Friday from 10am – 3pm so that we can provide you with the customer service that you deserve.

Awesome Community

This is an amazing community. I'am very pleased with my move to this community. Everybody has been very friendly and kind. They are treating me very good. The community looks great, everything looks great. There are great activities offered for the residents. I would highly recommend these senior apartments. Everything has worked out great for me here.

I loved the community and what they have to offer. The location is excellent. The condition of the apartments seemed very nice. I am seriously considering the one bedroom. Have some concerns about the lack of closets in relation to the large amount of belongings I have.

love it

We love it at Brookfield Highlands. The area is just beautiful. It is just like being a park. I cant think of anything I would have this facility improve on at this time. It has been a really good experience here.

Brookfield Highlands is not a secure facility. Underground parking spaces are allowed to be sublet..no background checks or info gathered. This allows the non-resident access to our living areas. Overall the facility is aging and quality upkeep becomes an issue...drainage around my building is not good..Drain flies is a persistent issue. The staff are very nice but much is out of their control..

too high raises every year.staff is great ,they fix things right away but the cost over a few years can be costly.

Brookfield Highlands is nice. Everyth...

Brookfield Highlands is nice. Everything is going well. We're satisfied with the services they provide, the cleanliness of the facility, and friendliness of staff.

I've found my home!

My only regret is that I didn't find Brookfield Highlands two years ago. I am very happy here. It suits my lifestyle perfectly. There is always something to do if I choose to participate. The grounds are lovely. Safe, secure and very comfortable.

This community really gives you the m...

This community really gives you the most for your money.

After a tour of the facilit...

After a tour of the facility I decided to make this my home. It has everything I could ask for and much more. I move in May 1st and am looking forward to living independently and actively on my own again. I'm very excited.

A little older, but very nice

This is a location we looked at when we were searching for care options for our loved one. This is actually a sister community to the one that we selected, and they were both very nice. This community was a little older looking than the one we selected, and was less convenient for family to visit. Overall they were both very nice, they looked good, were clean, and had very friendly staff.

Brookfield Highlands is conveniently located in Waukesha, WI, and offers a variety of spacious one and two bedroom apartments for Active Seniors age 55 or better.

Our community offers all the amenities of suburban living with the convenience of on-site walking trails, nearby shopping and restaurants, parks and recreation, medical facilities and clinics, farmers markets and a collection of unique specialty shops.
Our buildings are fully equipped with elevators and locked entrances with intercoms, as well as gas forced-air heat with central air conditioning. Every apartment includes appliances, a balcony or patio, heated underground parking with an outdoor car wash, additional storage and in-unit private washer/dryer connections or conveniently located laundry room access.

Common areas include an exercise facility, library/media center, community center, shuffleboards, horseshoe pits, garden plots, beauty salon and more! Enjoy catered dinners, sports activities, classes and seminars, card games and a variety of social events. Visit us at HighlandsCommunities.com and Live the Highlands Life – Today!