Ocean Park Memory Care - Brookings, OR

They did the best they could under the bad circumstances

With the time that my Father spent here, I was very pleased with his care. They have a good memory care unit, but they could have done just a little bit more as far as memory activities. Right before my Father moved in, his health declined very rapidly. I was expecting the facility to decline his stay but instead they accommodated him very well. They found him a hospital bed, moved him in, and kept him clean. They did the very best they could under the bad circumstances. He was never left unattended and they got him anything that he wanted. I would recommend this community.

Our mother is at this facility and I will barely give this facility a #1. However, when our mother first entered Ocean Park it was run by Dr. [Removed] and his wife. We chose this facility because it was personal and the staff was attentive and our mother had good care, was helped when she needed help to eat, exercised, kept clean and dry. Most importantly they treated her like family and she had such good hands on care. However, totally different story now! The place is being remodeled and fixed up, it looks great - but the feeling is cold when you step inside. Staff is not friendly, our mother is left in her room or wheel chair all day, feet are now swollen, she has a chronic UTI, she eats cold food because she can't see to eat. There is no compassion - very understaffed and there is no warmth like before. It is like cattle in a barn. If you are considering this facility I say don't! We are trying to place our mother somewhere else but haven't had much luck however it is coming. We have had to call Ombudsman's several times because of the poor care, we have filed complaints. I don't understand how this place can operate???? In any case it is what it is and do not be fooled if you are looking to place a loved one there. The administrative staff will always tell you "its not their responsibility" really!! Then why are we paying all that money for what should be quality care?? They don't give medications as ordered, there is no communication between staff and/or administration. When something goes wrong or we complain they laugh! Do not consider this facility, they are not worthy of your mother, father or any loved one. Thank you for reading