Park Regency Retirement - La Habra, CA

Fine Community

We toured the Park Regency Retirement. It was a nice and clean community. They did a good job showing us what they would provide for our loved one. We found another community that was a better fit for our loved one.

Bryce Porter

Thank you for your feedback. Is there any specifics you'd be willing to share so that we know how we may be able to improve?

Friendly place

My father stayed a short time in repite stay at Park Regency, in the assisted living section. The room was spacious. There were a few issues with the room (shower) but acceptable alternatives were offered. Everyone who works here is friendly and sweet. There is a nice outdoor patio where you can grill if the family comes to visit, as well as a few large rooms for gatherings. [Removed] helped our family a lot in a very difficult time. My dad is on the mend and back home now but in future we would consider returning to Park Regency.

Bryce Porter

Thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear your father is doing well.

Bigger Room, Big Sale Point For Us

So far it is so good for my mom. She likes the atmosphere of the community. I feel they are able to provide care and keep a safe environment. The meals are very good from what I have tasted and it is well planned out and tastes homemade. She is enjoying the activities that is planned out for the residents. I would recommend this community and the main reason I selected this community was based on the room size, it was so much larger than others.

Bryce Porter

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to have your mom with us!

My mother has only been in the memory care for a couple of weeks but so far it seems nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. They are currently renovating and expanding the memory care unit.

Bryce Porter

Thank you! We're very excited about the improvements that we're making to the memory care unit- both with the physical appearance and the actual program/activities.

very unhappy

horrible experience. ....the pictures on the website look nothing like it really is. workers are lazy. even though clothes are marked with name and room number, you see other people wearing the clothes. there were special eating requests made and agreed to and no one followed the request. patients always bored, always sleeping ... took forever for someone to open the door

i could go on and on with complaints but it is making me sick to think about them all. im so sorry to have chosen this place.

i would never allow anyone in my family to go there

Bryce Porter

Thank you for your feedback. Park Regency has a completely new management team in place- I was on site for 2 months beginning in February and there have been substantial improvements with personnel, physical appearance, activities and accommodations. I know that we can't change the past experience but I want you to know that we've heard the feedback and have made a lot of improvements/upgrades. I'd be happy to host you for a visit or simply share more detail by phone if you'd like.

Best Assisted Living Facility within miles.....

My mom just moved here last month and the level of care she gets is 100 times better than when she was at [Removed]. I had become so used to the incompetence at [Removed] that I thought I was expecting too much. As it turns out, the staff at Park Regency is well trained and my Mom receives the care that she deserves. From the General Manager, Jeff [Removed] and the Sales/Marketing department headed up by Kristina [Removed] to the Med Tech personnel headed up by Brooke [Removed], Mom has received the quality of care that I didn't know was possible. This review is my way of thanking them for making the transition seamless for Mom. Park Regency Retirement offers Assisted Living, Memory Care and Hospice service, so Mom will never have to move out of her comfortable studio. I agree that the facility is outdated when it comes to the wall paper etc but who cares. It's clean, the food is great, the A/C works and the staff loves their job and are happy to be there. Since the new General Manager, Jeff, took over a few months ago, Park Regency is making strides to update their physical appeal while keeping their #1 focus on the residents and their care. The location is great too. Less than a mile to Beach and Imperial with shopping centers on all four corners.

My mom has only been at Park Regency for a few days but so far so good! Very attentive and friendly staff.

I think a follow up review would be a better view of how things are a few weeks or months down the road.

A good fit for my Mom

I was impressed with the friendliness and atmosphere of Park Regency. They definitely try to accommodate you. Rooms here are larger than other facilities I visited, although they have no kitchenette as other places do. The room was completely refreshed before her move in.
As with all sales people, they make promises that others cannot fulfill.
My mother moved in less than a month ago. For the most part she is satisfied with her new accommodations. There is no packet of general information to help her learn their procedures; I feel these things should be spelled out so we don't have to keep asking questions. That is one area that could be improved.

Park Regency Retirement/ Wellington review

My mom and dad are really happy at park Regency memory care/ Wellington. The staff and everyone is so helpful, knowledgeable, respectful and kind. The food is great, expecially the Sunday brunch. They have so many activities to keep the people occupied and happy. I can't recommend them enough.

Very nice place

Our experience so far with Park Regency Retirement has been a very good one.While not the newest or fanciest looking place we saw, it is clean and well kept. The rooms themselves were very nice. While many places we looked at were just a "room", the living spaces here were very large and felt almost like an apartment. I also really liked their all-inclusive pricing, it made budget planning much simpler.

Wellington Court at the Park Regency

We moved my our 91 year old mother, who has Alzheimers, into the memory care unit a week and a half ago. Her room is quite large in comparison to other communities that we visited. There is plenty of room to move around even though we moved in a queen sized bed, a sofa, two easy chairs, coffee table, kitchen table with 4 chairs and a large dresser. The staff has been very friendly and helpful and you can always find a caregiver when you need one. Though Mom is confused about why she is there, we rest easy knowing that she is receiving excellent care. Oh, and the food is very good as well! We're happy with our choice of the Park Regency.

Review for Park Regency

I checked out like 5 other places for my mom. Compared price, size of room, doctor transportation, food selection, smell, yes, smell as in does this place smell like a convalescent home=no. All in all, I placed my mom here. She has been here a year and a half. They have not raised the rent yet (ssshhh) . My only complaint is that the fellow that takes the residents to doctors appointments etc., is extremely busy. They need to hire an additional part time driver. Also, if you use the med tech service as we do, sometimes one shift does not inform the next shift if there is a change. Fortunately, this does not happen often, but it has happened. So, all in all, do I give this place a thumbs up? Yes!

Really nice people caring for my dad....

Really nice people caring for my dad. They have gone out of there way to help my dad and our family adjust to care change.

Visited on September 5. Th...

Visited on September 5. The location is convenient and the price very affordable. There are some available spots for move-in. The atmosphere for the memory center seemed 'institutionalized' .

We like the facility. Clean and frien...

We like the facility. Clean and friendly atmosphere. Staff was friendly. Memory Care unit is on the second floor and they are doing some removations to the outside patio area. Flat fee of $3,850/mo., no community fee. Only down is the facility is located on a very busy street.

Park Regency Retirement Center conveniently located in La Habra, CA with an 81-units facility, featuring 22 of those units memory care specific with non-medical assistance which include private or shared units. Our programs include assistance with medication management, bathing, escort, dressing & grooming, and periodic checks for those resident that might be a “Fall Risk”.

We take admissions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a complete care plan review so we can meet the needs our resident.