Paradise Guest Ranch - Desert Hot Springs, CA

Put my worries to rest!

My loved one is very pleased with her experience at Paradise Guest Ranch! The facility is clean and the staff take care of her. She has also told me that she likes the food. I was afraid that things would not go well, but now I feel much better about my decision to place my loved one here!

Its O.K.

My husband was in this facility on a recommendation from Hospice. Firstly, the owners were more than accommodating regarding the cost per month and our circumstances. However, I was shown a room that was to be his and about one week after his being placed there he was moved to another with another man who was dying. After that man passed he was moved back to original room. I was happy until the last two weeks of his life. At that time the owner told me she was going away for 3 days. It turned out to be 7 days. At one time I questioned why no morphine had been given and was told my husband said he was not in pain by one of the aides. The morphine was to help relax him to aid in his breathing. I had to request the Hospice nurse to go out there twice to resolve that problem in their absence. Then two days before he passed I went out and there was ensure all over his sheet on top of him, on bottom sheet and on floor. Top sheet was removed when I got there and floor cleaned and one of aides told me when other gal got there they would change bottom sheet. Next day he was still on dirty sheet. Additionally the last two weeks each visit I had to request cold drinks to give to him and I would get cold wash cloths to place on his head. Fresh eggs and beautiful linens not important when someone is dying. The care and kindness is most important. When Connie was there I felt he was being helped but when she was gone I felt the aides/husband left to attend him were not capable of making decisions necessary. I thank them for accepting a lower fee but feel that care given was less than that of man who passed away and paid full fee. Guess you only get what you pay for.

Pretty satisfied with it

Pretty satisfied with it. It's in a remote location. It's kind of a far drive. The care is good. It's a nice clean facility. It's kind of a small ranch. They have chickens and animals around the facility. It seems to be good care. They seem to take genuine interest in the residents. I'm satisfied with them. The only negative is the remote location. The owner of the facility lives there so she is always available and involved in the care which is really helpful.

Like Living at Home

My mom is currently here. She is receiving total care for only $2000 a month, and it is the very best care. She feels like she is living in someone's home. They have their own chickens and they serve fresh eggs. All of the food is homemade. The beds have very pretty sheets and the house is beautiful. I am so happy with my mom here.