Palmyra Nursing Home - Palmyra, PA has yet not published prices.

The Gardens of Horror

Absolutely disgusting. The first shift CNAs although they try are too busy to give proper care since they are overwhelmed and understaffed while The nurses in charge are rude and busy eating behind the desk. Management is clueless. The lady in charge of Activities, [Removed] seems to be the only one who truly cares, but she is limited also. The second shift staff is a complete joke. CNAs, LPNs and the charge nurses spend an unlimited amount of time on smoke breaks, sitting at the desk on their phones and just screwing off. Sometimes they are very loud when residents are trying to sleep.
The facility is dirty. I have seen poop on wipe containèrs, dirty diapers in patients rooms. Pee stains on the sheets. Unflushed toilets. No hot water on many nights, Rotting wood around the Windows, mold, debri.....the list goes on.

I don't know how a place like this passes inspection......but I guess the state rules with a blind eye.

Bottom line.....if you have a choice. Don't put someone you love in this place. If you don't have a choice, make sure you check up on them as much as possible at different times of the day. That is the only way to keep the staff on their toes.

No place for your loved ones

HORRIBLE !!!!! All staff was unresponsive to my mothers needs, did not respond to call button and when someone would respond it was accompanied by remarks such as "we have other patients" and with an attitude of inconvenience with no concern or want to make my mother comfortable. When I called the facility my mother was unable to answer or make calls with the cordless phone they offered because there was no reception. When I called the main number a person answered who said they do not know how to connect to the rooms and I was hung up on twice and ultimately asked to call back later because they were busy. My mother stayed in this facility for two days and on her first day went without dinner until 8pm and was told they forgot with no apology. My mother was here for rehab which she did not receive, not even given a walker to assist in her rehab and the beds have no bars to assist in getting out of bed. My mother required bandages to be wrapped on her leg, the staff removed her bandages and forgot to re-wrap her leg until the next day. This place is horrible, the staff inept and there seems to be no oversight or protocol for the supposed care they offer. If you love your family and they need post operative rehab DO NOT take them here. I removed my mother from this place after her second day, I could not bare to see her treated this way while dealing with her healing process.