The Phoenix at Roswell was previously a Memory Care only facility. The seem well suited for this but it seems less able to handle more high-functioning residents. I was a little disappointed that they don't seem to have any off-premises outings.

Caring, patient staff

Overall I think they've done a good job at The Phoenix at Roswell (formerly Pacifica Senior Living). The staff here are caring and patient, and I really appreciate that they were willing to work with my loved one despite him having a few aggressive tendencies. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they do a good job looking out for the people that live here.

Pacifica stay

My husband has been at Pacifica about a month. He has Parkinson's Dementia. This includes a major change in personality making it impossible for me to keep him at home. He can turn from a sweet helpful man to a raging angry man in a matter of seconds. Sometimes, even I don't see the transition beginning. The folks at Pacifica have created a calm, structured environment which has served him very well. He is now usually calm and the staff say he is helpful and concerned for other residents. Usually a bit of a loner, he is participating in the exercises, encouraging other residents to do the same.

He has plenty of room to roam. The staff learned who he is very quickly. He is well treated and that tends to keep him from venting his anger as much.

Pacifica is kept clean, the main center rooms have lots of sunlight, residents can and do wander from one open center room to the next, always in view of the care givers and nurse. They can lie on one of the couches, watch either of the 2 televisions, at each of the end rooms. They can do krafts or play games. Exercise times and mid afternoon snacks. Water is always available. Every evening there is a planned activity, whether movies with popcorn or games.
Much more good stuff to say, but I tend to go on and no one wants to read all of this.
I hate that I can't keep him at home among familiar things, but I feel he is getting top quality care and caring by the staff at Pacifica.

Review of Pacifica Senior Living Roswell Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Roswell, GA

Nice environment. Care staff was well informed regarding memory care specialty.

Going good so far.

This is a total memory care community, which is one of the reasons we chose them. They take the residents that are mobile out for sightseeing trips, and are good about keeping the residents engaged. They have new management coming in, which is a little scary because things are going really well. There haven't been any complaints about the food. A lot of facilities have levels of care, this is just a flat fee, all inclusive.

Very nice place

Overall I thought they did a great job here. It was a nice looking, clean place, and the caregivers were friendly, professional, and did a good job taking care of my loved ones needs. We've had to search for senior living for another relative since then and I was disappointed that there wasn't a Pacifica facility near them, since we had such good luck with this one.

Impressive! Love the fact ...

Impressive! Love the fact that it's memory care only. Staff were very friendly. Rooms were impressive. Very pleased. Hoping this will be my in-laws new home!

Genuine caring environment for people with memory issues

We are very pleased with the care provided. Especially during the difficulties of the renovation. Ms. Trawick has maintained a capable, caring and loving staff for the memory care residents. The open center outlay of the building supports movement, whether on foot or in a wheel chair. Looking forward to the renovation being completed.

Avoid for now

This facility has gone through numerous owners and management companies. They have never been organized and no one permanent is in charge. Therefore, there is no one overseeing the staff and making sure they are doing their jobs. Besides, there is no direction for the staff and they do as they please.

bad place for my family

I would not let my dog say there, bad place for your family.

Haven't had a good experience with the new owners

This is a facility that my loved one had been staying at, which had been doing a good job. But the facility was purchased by a larger chain, and the quality started declining after the change in ownership. The facility itself still provides good care, and the care staff themselves do a good job. But interacting with the new management was absolutely terrible, they were horrible about communication, and it was bad enough that we decided to move my loved one elsewhere.

Caters exclusively to Memor...

Caters exclusively to Memory Care. Very nice folks. Staff looked a bit younger and less qualified. Big rooms. All one level.

Loved the small feel of this place. ...

Loved the small feel of this place. Really looked like what we need with a cross between assisted living and memory care as well. Top two.

The Veranda at Hembree Pointe is a unique assisted living community offering an affordable, residential care alternative to seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. We encourage you to compare our services and care options with those found at other assisted living communities. Such a comparison will confirm the many advantages provided by our care and activity programs that are design specifically to meet the needs and enhance the quality of life of seniors with memory impairments and related health concerns.

While The Veranda is a totally secure environment designed exclusively for seniors with memory loss, our community still looks and feels like home. Our bright, open building features two neighborhoods of living suites arranged along the perimeter of a large, central living area that features two separate dining and activity areas. Our landscaped garden and patio provide residents with the opportunity to safely enjoy the outdoors.

Alzheimer’s disease, along with most other forms of dementia, is a progressive disease. Because we understand the needs associated with this disease, our activities program is not only based on the interests of the residents, but also on their ever-changing cognitive and physical abilities. Our Program Director works with our caregivers to ensure that when residents are not interested or able to participate in a given group activity, they are engaged in meaningful and enjoyable, one-on-one activities, designed specifically for them.