Sadly the truth

My parent has been removed from this place. IF management gets a major change, then we will bring our loved one back. THIS PLACE HAS TOO MANY ISSUES for me to be comfortable with having my Dad live there.

I will be research!

These reviews are funny because you could say the same about the good reviews that are on here. Who is to say that the good is not being put on there by employees or even the ED herself. I have heard others talking about that place and I have heard good and bad. I would check state records before I place my family members anywhere. State records are public and look to see how many complains have been put against the place. This is so sad. It looks like a game on here. I hope everyone is looking out for the people in the place and not just for themselves. If you can not trust the people who are caring for your loved ones then who can you trust. I pray for everyone who does jobs like these and that they are there for the right reasons. I will do my research before placing my father here or anywhere.

From a pleased family member

My mom has been a resident at Oxton Place for over a year now. She is very happy, never mentions going home and is always smiling when we are there - on an almost daily basis. We visit at different times of they day, see workers providing very sweet care giving services and seeing the ED there at any given time - after hours, weekends, etc. She was there all night with them during a recent weather/snow incident. She's dedicated to providing care to these residents and leaving the family members with a sense of relief. Maybe (some) of the negative comments on this page are from disgruntled employees or family members. Please know all the facts and look at the big picture before saying No to Oxton. It's been a God send to my family!

Visiting Oxton Place Of Rome

Visited Oxton Place Of Rome. Needing a place for my sister.
Director [removed name]] was so helpful, we toured the facility and discussed options for my loved on. At the time of my visit they had a band playing music for the residents. Everything look so clean & tidy. The staff roaming seemed really friendly. Sherry invited me to have lunch with the residents. Though I had to decline, the platters looked like a good home cooked meal.
Days later, I went back to do the paperwork, Sherry had everything ready for me to sign, making this choose so easy.
As of today I am very satisfied with Oxton Place Of Rome

Dads New Home

I have searched for months looking for a place for Dad. I ran across Oxton Place Of Rome and found it to be inviting, warm and friendly. The Director Sherry Lyle filled me with information that would have taken months for me to research. She knew her job in and out. She helped me with the Veteran's administration in getting my Dad the money he deserved. This helped me pay for his stay at Oxton Place. It was very hard leaving him there, but he has adjusted so well. I am very pleased with how things are going. If I could make any changes, I would upgrade the landscaping, making the courtyard more inviting. I would move the smoking area out of sight.

I recently did a tour here for my mom and I have to say I'm very impressed with the staff and the environment of Oxton! I met with the Executive Director who gave me the tour. She's very knowledgeable about everything! Super nice and a very strong leader! If there's anything that needs to be done for you or your loved one then she will go out of her way to make sure it happens!

Bad

Oxton Place of Rome for the most part has a caring staff. They do care and most of them show it. The girls that are there in the morning struggle to meet all the demands that are put on they with the short staffing and a over demanding ED. I have seen her verbally abuse her staff on several occasions. The staff is the only thing that the place has going for it. They make others look better then the should.

I have been doing research on assisted living homes for a family member. I have a friend that has a family member at Oxton so I decided that I would go visit for a afternoon. I visited with my close friends family member. We where sitting out in the area with the TV when I heard the executive director yelling at her employees. I was shock to see and hear how she was speaking to them. My friend is always telling me how nice and caring all the girls that work there. The facility is nice and updated inside but, I have made a decision that I will not be placing my family member at Oxton because of the way she was treating her employees.

First I would like to say that the manager (sherry) goes over and above her job. She is the selling force to this place. She knows her stuff... With that being said, they're is only so much she and staff can do. The staff needs increasing.
The old building needs lots of renovation.. It's apparent that upper management will not let them spend any money.
The rooms are not freshly painted after move outs. I'm not even sure that the carpets are cleaned.
I believe, when someone moves out, that is the time to upgrade the rooms. Several complaint on cleanliness of rooms. Mainly because understaffed.
The residents seem lonely. Could be more actives for them. They need there minds stimulated on a daily basics.
They need more staff on the floor interacting with the residents.
The landscapeing need much work.
Medication management seems really unorganized.
I do have to give the kitchen staff does a great job on the food prep. I believe they need a couple of servers to keep tea glasses filled hand out extra items etc. Currently the girls that work the floor do this.
For the price, I would think thing could be a lot better. Not only for the residents, but the staff.
Thank you to the staff that works there, I see your daily struggles

Oxton Place is our choice

My husband and I visited Oxton Place on Sat. 9/19 during their Fall Festival. We are checking out options for my 91 year old mother who currently lives in North Carolina - there is not enough space to list all of the impressive things we found. Sherry Lyle bent over backwards to answer every question, offered great information regarding VA assistance and just impressed us overall with her knowledge & ability to multi-task on a very busy day! Kudos to every staff member we talked to - as well as being able to talk with many current residents and their families. I cannot believe the REAL family atmosphere we witnessed at Oxton Place and even though we aren't quite ready to move my mother, this will definitely be our choice when the day comes!

Friendly people, great activities

We're very pleased with how things have gone with Oxton Place of Rome, they do a really excellent job here! They've got a great activity schedule, and after only a few weeks my loved one really seems to have improved! She is much more alert and with it, and I think it is because they keep her busy and stimulated! She seems very happy here!

Could use more staff on the weekends

I usually go out there on the weekends, and everytime I go then, it seems like they're always short-staffed, I usually don't see anyone while the residents are just sitting in the lobby. Staff presence on the weekends could use some improvement.