Our House Memory Care - Eau Claire, WI

Liked Room Setup

This was a good property. The staff was friendly and very kind. The inside of the community was very well cared for nice and clean. The rooms seemed to be a good size they didn't have quite a kitchenette but a little area where you could have a microwave and some counter space for snacks and a little sink area. Outside had a nice lttle sitting area being that we were there in early spring nothing was in bloom .

We will not be using this community again for respite care!!

I liked the activities director as she seemed to genuinely care about the residents. The food was good and they keep the community clean. The management was confusing to work with as they had a lot of turnover. The 2 people that worked there when move first went in seemed to care. One of the people that replaced them when they left does not seem to know what they are doing. I also did not like that no one advised us that there was this change in management.

Not impressed

Because we left mom there while we remodeled to make things safe at home we did not get to see much of anything going on. Staff was polite.
I do have to say I was NOT impressed with the way management was run. This was after Jessica and Desiree were gone.
When we picked her up I had to bring up mom's petty cash that was there. I almost forgot about it but they should not have. The system should not have been allowed to deactivate her without reminding them about the petty cash. There were also clothes missing. Her initials were in them but when I picked up mom's slacks they were in another resident's room. Whoever washed them did so in hot water and they shrunk. I'm sure it it's hard to care for so many but there still needs to be order. I found mgmt confusing. We will not be using your facilities again.

Communication needed

I was very pleased at first when I toured the facility and we put mom in Our House Memory Care in Eau Claire. The main person we were in contact with was very nice.

I was disappointed that when she left half way through the time mom was in, she didn't contact us to let us know there would be changes. Although it did not affect mom it could have if her memory had been more in tact.
It doesn't matter how staff come and go, it is important that the personal contact to the family should be priority by those that are working within the facility.

Although the facility is not covered by insurance it shouldn't portray anything other that a caring attitude for those that stay there.

I don't know about the activities but I met the coordinator and found that she was genuinely caring.

Toured, nice looking place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one, and overall I thought it seemed like a very nice place. It was a newer facility, and very clean and well kept. However, I don't think it would have been the best match for our loved one. The facility was a little too large, and they didn't provide quite the level of memory care we needed.

Very responsive staff.

Our loved one was doing really well, and starting to enjoy her time. When there was an incident the staff handled it very quickly, and were incredibly responsive. We are hopeful, that after a healing stay in rehab, she is able to come back and continue to enjoy the community.

I think they are understaffed.

They need to get her schedule down since she is new, learn more about her personal care. This seems to be difficult because they have a high turnover rate there. I feel like I have to remind them a lot. I wish they would do a little more with the activities. The food is pretty decent. The director that was there was at a previous community we were at, and we liked her. We liked the smallness of it, they have fewer apartments than her last place. I think they are understaffed.

The goal at Our House Assisted Living is to create an environment that nourishes the intellectual, emotional, and physical needs of each resident. Our House provides secruity and care to seniors in their hometowns and are designed to support seniors who can no longer live alone. Respect, dignity and an appreciating of each resident as a unique and complex individual is our focus. Private rooms with personal furnishings, favorite photographs and cherished mementos make Our House a comfortable place to call home.