Comforts of Home - Chippewa Falls - Chippewa Falls, WI

Not as it appears.

This place is not what it seems.. you must be observant to catch the things you would normally miss when touring a place like this-- or talk to a previous worker, as I did.
I toured this place a while back for one of my parents because we are at that point in life where assisted living is needed and we are looking for a place. Overall, the place seemed really great! Nice location, the lounges and dining areas are nice, as well as activities that are offered for residents. However, understandably they do not let you see a lived-in room, they only show you an empty one. Little did I know there was probably other reasons they did not show us an occupied room.
After a pleasant tour, I decided to do more research before officially putting my parent there (as the cost is very high). Some things didn't seem quite right either (i.e. the workers looked so unhappy, while the residents that I saw looked alright). So I did some research and I contacted a previous worker, a certified nurse. This woman, along with other people she worked with left for many reasons. Apparently management is terrible, and although that may not effect the residents as much, these managers do. They are not checking up on workers/residents and not treating this place like an assisted living, but more like an independent living place, which it clearly is not advertised as such. By that I mean many residents are getting neglected without realizing it. Managers are not making sure that the workers and caretakers are doing their jobs, and the caretakers are overall not doing a very good job. Furthermore, when other workers, such as this woman, complained to management about this, it was shoved aside. According to these sources (who will remain anonymous), rooms are not cleaned, residents that need special care are not getting checked on regularly, and CNAs are given tasks that they are not trained/equipped to do, and so on. Many specific stories were shared but because I didn't personally witness them, I will not share them.
I know this review is mostly going off what someone else said, but from what I know, this place may come off to family members as pleasant and clean-- as it did to me-- but the life inside a resident's room is not. I would not put my parents in this place. Not worth the risk, money, or precious time that my parent has left on this earth.

They are doing pretty good.

So far it seems to be going okay. I haven't gotten any complaints, and everyone in the family seems to be happy with it. They are doing pretty good.

I recently moved my mother to Comforts of Home Assisted Living - Riverside. She is very happy there. She receives just the right amount of services, yet is encouraged to remain as independent as she possibly can.

Awesome place. Beautiful setting along the river but close to the clinics and downtown. Deer and turleys all over. Great staff. RN House Manager. Music all the time.

Review of Comforts of Home - Chippewa Falls - Chippewa Falls, WI

The staff are great! Very caring and kind hearted. The location is great too - close to the clinic but a beautiful setting along the river - deer and turkeys all the time. Lots of music and good food. House Manager is a nurse so that is very helpful.

A great place

This facility has wonderful and caring staff. The House Manager is a registered nurse which is a big plus. It is very home like. It is close to downtown and the clinics but yet the setting is awesome along the river - feels like you are in the country - they have deer and turkeys that walk through all the time. They have lots of music too.

Would not recommend.