Oak Gardens Place - Altoona, WI

Oak Gardens Place - Altoona, WI has yet not published prices.

This was a nice place. We felt it was a little cramped for space for the residents. The entrance was used for residents who wanted to watch tv. There didn't seem to be much space for residents to gather People seemed very happy as we toured.

Great Place to Call Home!

We moved our Aunt to her new home here last August. She sadly passed away a few weeks ago; however, we want to share how this truly became her "home" and how she loved all the residents and staff. We all loved the residents and staff. It's a family we will miss seeing each day. Their goal is to make all residents truly feel at home and provide activities so they don't just sit in their apartment all day. The staff care about each and every resident. As for the grounds, all clean, well kept, and man they know how to decorate for each season and reason. Kudos to all and thank you again for taking such good care of our [name removed]. God Bless you all

Warm,welcoming, attentive, skilled care.

My aunt received kind, compassionate, skilled care at Oak Gardens. She had excellent meals, many activities to choose from, and was clean and safe. The staff was always attentive, ready to listen, and lend a hand as needed. Oak Gardens is very welcoming to visitors and family members as well. The facility and parking are up to date, warm, and welcoming.

Pleased with My Move Here

This is a very nice community, and I'am pleased with my move here. The community is well maintained, and they do a good job with the cleanliness. Everyone has been welcoming, and helpful. I have already recommended this community to my friends. It is a great facility.

Seemed like a great place. [Removed] was a plus.

Dad is Pleased

My father is doing well since his move to this community. It is a good community, I feel he is safe, in a good place. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. They have a wonderful staff here, they are polite, and friendly. There are activities offered for the residents. The meals are good, he is pleased with the meals.

Too early to give a honest review

Ask us in another 30 days, one week in assisted living for mom is hardly enough time to ask/expect an honest and fair evaluation.

So far, so good

Good Tour!

My tour of the Oak Gardens Place went well, but it was not the right fit for my father. There was not an RN on staff at the time which I did not like. Also, there were no other men there. The place itself was nice and clean, just not what we were looking for.

Dark Community, Not Very Bright

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. First thing I noticed was how dark the community was, there weren't much light. The staff was kind and friendly. I would say the community looked like it needs some updating. This is a mellow community, and my mother is still very active. I didn't see the residents really interacting with each other. This was not the community for us.

We were very happy we chose Oak Gardens Place

Our mom stayed at Oak Gardens Place after suffering a minor stoke. We were delighted with the care she received while she recovered. The staff was outstanding, Mom reported they were kind and gentle with her.
Diane, the Registered Nurse was very involved and communicated with our family effectively. Oak offers services like in house INR checks so the transports to the lab were avoided.
Patty, the Director was very helpful and knowledgeable; we had no experience in these matters and she walked us through making this difficult process understandable.
This is a pet friendly facility so residents don't have to live without their beloved pet friends.
We strongly recommend Oak Gardens Place; consider a tour and meeting the staff before you make a final choice.

Where are the weekend activities????

The one thing I've been disappointed with is that the activities are not what they appear to be on the activities schedule. Especially on weekends, when I was hoping there would be more activities for my Mom, there really are not activities. When I asked the staff about the "Matinee" and "Show" that were scheduled, no one knew what I was talking about. Why are these activities shown on the schedule, and then they don't take place? Someone said, "The activities director is not here on weekends". Does that mean there will not be activities? On of the reasons I moved my Mom to Oak Garden Place is that she had nothing going on over the weekend when she lived in a senior apartment.

Great Place for Dad

My Dad lives at the Oak Garden Place and he loves it. I feel very fortunate to have him living in such a caring and loving home like setting. The food is great and there is always a treat available. Most afternoons there is a warm cookie for a snack. The activities are great and my Dad loves to join in. Visits from Santa, Super Bowl Parties, always something fun to do. The activity director comes in on her time off to bring joy to the residents. Unheard of!
The care my Dad is receiving is the best, if the staff notices a change in his behavior they are aware of it and always check with me and we figure out together what to do.
I haven't seen a lot of changes in the staff, in fact, they just celebrated a 14 year anniversary of an employee. I am impressed. The director came in on her time off to honor her. Again, unheard of.
My Dad is an early riser and the staff brings him a cup of coffee almost before they take their coats off.
I'am always greeted with smiles and affection.
One night a month they have a family night and I am able to join my Dad for dinner and some special entertainment. The food is great and so is the entertainment ,a fun time to share with my dad.
I highly recommend the Oak Garden Place. My Dad is happy there and I'am happy he is so well taken care of.

We toured here when we were looking at options.

We toured here when we were looking at options. We really liked both places. The other place had a room available that was a great location within the community, and that was the deciding factor for us. But we liked this very much.

extremely friendly and very caring, but terrible food

Their staff at Oak Gardens Place are all extremely friendly and very caring. Their personalities are very conducive for the type of work they do. They have really welcomed my in-laws well.

The one thing they do really need to improve is the food. They do not like the food at all. It is really not good and needs attention.

Other than the food it is a pretty nice place, but that is something they need to fix.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Oak Gardens Place has been a good one. The staff I have met have all seemed very kind, friendly, and have been very accommodating to any issues we've had. My loved one seems happy with the caregivers and the community in general, once she settled in. They've got an excellent meal service, I've been impressed with the food every time I've eaten there. They also have a nice private dining room available for family get-togethers.
We have had a few issues, however. There were a few technical issues with her in room call button that they've been working on. There has also been a fair bit off staff turnover, as well as some periods of being understaffed while they hire replacements.