Osprey Lodge - Tavares, FL

Osprey Lodge, no better place

Osprey Lodge is simply amazing. I was looking for an adult place and adult activities with opportunities to get involved as little as or as much as you needed. The food is excellent and is served restaurant style, with a menu. The staff consistently goes over and above the ordinary service level to make people feel at home and care for them at whatever level they have signed up for. The decor is inspiring and with the addition of their new Salute to Veterans wall you can tell that they appreciate what their residents have done during their lifetimes. It is quite moving.
I did not know that place is like this existed, so much better and so much more of everything than the clinical offerings we had looked at prior to finding Osprey Lodge.

This was a very nice place, with a bit of a "lodge" feel, nice central room. Newer, nice location, friendly staff. Definitely worth a look. For some reason, my mother felt the "feel" of another place we had visited was more to her liking, but it was not anything more than maybe general style. We found it friendly and nice.

Beautiful, perfect, my dad loved it, the Activities, the views, and entertainment were very important to him.
He’s really excited. Calling to finalize arrangements today.

This has got to be one of the worst places . The staff are slow and unhelpful as is the management. They are [Removed] and I was pleased to finally move my family member

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you for this feedback. These experiences do not represent the practices, policies or culture put in place at Osprey Lodge. Please reach out to our home office at [removed] so we can learn more about your experience(s) with our community and team of associates.

Lifesavers!

The staff at Osprey Lodge stepped up to help us when no one else could or would before hurricane Irma. Establishing a place for my husband (who has Alzheimer's) to stay safe and for respite for my husband after the storm.
He has been there since Irma and he is doing well. The staff, nurses and everyone there are absolutely awesome. He loves it there and I am sure he will not want to leave when it is time to come home.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you very much for the feedback.

We Can Stay Together In One Apartment

My husband and I can stay together in the same apartment and receive assisted living and memory care for him. We have encountered a few bumps in the road but for the most part, they have all been resolved. We both like the staffing here, for the most part, they are kind and friendly. In fact, in wake of the storm, they are keeping us updated on their plan and they assure us they have emergency provisions in place already. The food is quite good. We were considering going somewhere else but we have decided to stay where we are.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you very much for the feedback!

A community for care.

This community is exceptional. The staff is very hands on and take great care of their residents. The staff is very responsive to any family concerns and are willing to work with family members to make adjustments, if needed, to provide the best care of the resident. The menu is varied and tailored to the residents' likes. They offer a variety of activities that our mother is able to participate in and enjoy. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one for the good value and care.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you very much for the feedback!

An inspiring & quality facility for Senior Residents & guests alike!

We feel so fortunate to have such a high quality Alzheimers Care facility so close to my mother's lifelong hometown in Central FL. The architecture is very uplifting + thoughtfully laid out. It resembles a classy mountain Ski Lodge in the public spaces. We felt comfortable from our first visit that it would be a positive environment for our Mother to live & receive attentive nursing supervision & care. It is located on a quiet lakefront property just down the street a few blocks from the main Lake County FL Waterman Hospital, which is convenient & additional peace of mind. The staff have been very responsive to our family's requests & our Mother seems to feel right at home there. The activities available daily are impressive & inviting. The meals are nutritious + prepared by the same kitchen that serves the Assisted Living Residents & guests. They have a large, relaxing rear screened-in patio area with ceiling fans, plenty of seating options, and a lovely landscaped back yard space with sidewalks + bird perches, along expansive views of the calm lake. *I do recommend that family members & friends escort their Resident from the Memory Care wing to the Atrium great room and Back Patio area to sit & visit together there + share the fresh air with their loved-one. Then join them for a meal in the main dining room. Just let the reception desk know you'd like to purchase a reasonable meal ticket at the entrance lobby when you arrive. The two mealtime seatings are first come/first served, but all have views of the back patio & lake from the dining room. We look forward to & enjoy our visits with our Mother at this nice facility!

Everything is going well!!

Everything is going well so far for my dad at this community. He has been eating all of the meals which is a positive thing for my dad as well as enjoying his dinning experience. He has not been participating much in the activity program so I hope too see him getting more involved in the future with some encouragement from the staff.

A new home for dad

There are so many reasons we are grateful to have found Osprey Lodge. The assisted living side is beautiful with rich woods accents and cabin in the mountains atmosphere. The back lanai and patio over look Lake Frances. I have seen the menu but have only tasted the chocolate covered strawberries and they were pretty amazing! My father is a resident in the memory care facility. The rooms are large and most have a nice view. We enjoy spending time in the lanai and inclosed courtyard. The courtyard has a nice 2 person swing, picnic tables, flower gardens and is nicely landscaped. From time to time we also get to see a seaplane fly overhead. From the director to the cleaning crew and everyone in between have been a pleasure to work with. They get to know the family members of their residents personally. The MC nurses are providing care for my father far beyond any care I could provided. The staff is helping my family cope with the Alzheimer's process by providing their knowledge and understanding of this terrible disease. I know my father is in good hands.

No more changes are neccessary

this is a great place for my dad. My parents were married for over 60 years and she recently passed away. The manager over the community has been nothing short of a miracle. She is kind and caring. The food is delicious and my dad enjoys his activities with [Removed]. If I had one concern it would be that they just can't get the billing right since 2015 when we starting using our long term care insurance.

There have been many changes and I am happy to see things had finally settled down. The owners of the lodge need to wake up and leave well enough alone. Let my dad enjoy his last days on this earth as happy. I don't want to have to move him out.

Monitor their care

They are clean and friendly and have alot of activities. However we pay for nursing and assisted showers for my father. He does not get showered on a regular basis even after a meeting with head of nursing who told me she would personally make sure it happened. And even though they know he has a blood clot in his leg and medication that can cause bleeding an unattended leg wound was found by a family member. Obviously not regurlarly checking a known medical problem either. So beware and monitor.

Very pleased so far

I have been very pleased so far. This facility takes very good care of my loved one. On a scale from one to five, I rate this facility five stars. So far, a good experience.

very nice

I only toured Osprey Lodge. It was very nice for the asking price. They seemed to have a really good amount of activities in memory care and the regular area. They seem to try to keep the residents active. They have a lot outdoor gardens that are secure for the residents to enjoy. I thought it was a nice facility.

Love the Lodge

I think it was the best place for my Mother, I viewed others that just didn't have the Personality. Jean & Winnie are wonderful. My Mom is not easy, but they are so caring. The whole staff is like family to her, she still misses us but content.

Osprey Lodge is the best you could find.

Iam so thankful A Place For Mom gave me information on Osprey Lodge. It is perfect for my husband. The ambiance is a reminder of the years we spent in the Adirondacks. Our favorite place. The care my husband gets is second to none. The staff is so caring and the activities make his day go smoothly. Ginger the therapy dog looks just like the Golden's we had.
Denise my contact at Osprey is such a capable person and helped me tremendously with difficult decisions. She is perfect for her position.

Excellent!

All is very well! I would recommend Osprey Lodge
to anyone. No complaints.

Absolutely beautiful memory care facility. Staff was friendly and helpful. The patient to staff ratio was 1:8, which I felt was a little high for specialized Alzheimer's care.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Everything we saw here looked very nice, and it was definitely somewhere we were considering as an option! It's a clean, nice looking community, and the staff all seemed very friendly.

Thumbs Up for Osprey Lodge (Travares, FL)

Great staff, beautiful facility and so far everything is positive. I think my sister will end up loving this place.

Too Large

Several stories tall, very large, not much of a family type atmosphere. It seemed like they spent an awful lot of money on their public areas, and I didn't think that their private apartments were up to the same standard.

Welcome to Osprey Lodge! We are Central Florida’s premiere Assisted Living and Memory Care community. Our unparalleled reputation is founded on high-quality health care services and exceptional lifestyle amenities. Our standards for these services and amenities are upheld by our dedicated and experienced staff.

Osprey Lodge is designed around a Colorado Lodge theme, offering the warmth and comfort of home. We truly believe the vision of our founders Tom Hofmeister and Dave Croson, “Our goal is to win the Heart of every Resident.”