Brookdale Lake Tavares - Tavares, FL

Brookdale Lake Tavares - Tavares, FL has yet not published prices.

This facility was very friendly, both staff and residents. Residents seemed very happy and a couple offered unsolicited positive remarks about liking it there. We were there for lunch and a tour, and the lunch was served at a perfect pace, had absolutely delicious homemade bread and dessert, and a perfectly portioned meal. It couldn't have been better plus was served on a table with tablecloth and cloth napkins. The rooms had an outside lanai, great view of a small lake, and were a great size. There were a lot of "positives" about this place (location, too) but this was the first place we toured and my parents decided to wait a little longer before making a decision and we will look around more yet. Overall, tho, we all really liked so much about this facility. It was a little older but seemed well kept up. I may not give it a "fabulous" but it would definitely be "very good" and absolutely worth a look. It seemed a very good value for the cost.

Survived The Hurricane

I am doing okay since moving here. The community is very nice clean and well maintained. We lost power during the storm for about a week but the staff had brought in generators so it was okay. I like the food here. I have been doing some of the activities and social events. Everyone has been very friendly from the residents to the staff. I would recommend the community.

We like this community

Grandpa likes living at this community. The staff have been taking good care of him and they check on him often. The staff are quick to respond and know what they are doing. The food is good and they offer a good selection of choices. The community is secure at night. They have a nice television room and laundry room. They will also help take care of your pets. The rooms and closets are both good sized. The layout of the community is user friendly. I would recommend this community.

Great Facillity

everyone is so warm and friendly both staff and residents.They are very helpful in making sure the residents need are taken care of and assisting in any way they can.

Over Sold Us, But Overall My Father is Well

I do feel we were over sold during the interview process. My father is doing well, he is healthy, and moving around. There is more of an independent community, and they provide minimal assistance. If your love one needs more care, there will be an additional charge. It is a still a work in progress for us in this community, but it is a facility I would recommend.

The care at this community was nice and we were very nice and caring to my mother's needs. The room was on the small side. They did include a lot of extra items for the care. This is a clean community. They need to work on making sure that the medications are taken correctly and when there needs to have meds refilled before the last minute. My mom liked the coffee bar that was offered. The community was nice, but they did not clean often enough. The menu was appealing but needed some small improvements. They do offer a lot of activities. We would recommend that families tour this community. They could use small improvements in this community.

I would not recommend this community.

I was not impressed with this community during mom's stay. They did not maintain this older building very well. The elevators kept breaking down. The floors were not level and there was an odor of mildew. The food was not very good and they did not have a lot of activities. It felt as though they did not want to put any money into this community. The longer mom was there the less attentive the staff were.

There are many activities available

We are happy with the care mom is receiving at Brookdale. She has no complaints about the food. They are very accommodating when it comes to meals. I am not happy with the maintenance of the community or her apartment. They have had some turnovers and I am hoping this will improve. Mom has a nice apartment with a small kitchen.

I would highly recommend this community.

Mom likes the food when she eats meals in the dining room. The staff have been nice and seem to work hard for the residents. When I have visited it seems they offer plenty of activities and outings for the residents to enjoy. The pricing was reasonable and they did let us know up front there may be some billing issues for the first few months. Mom has a nice apartment and I am happy with this community. I am comfortable with mom living here and I know she is not being taken advantage of.

We Love This Community

My sister in law is at this community, and they are taking good care of her, and her needs. The family is pleased with all they have done for her. We do feel this is a good environment for her. The care staff is very responsive. and good. This is a community I would recommend.

Mother is still adjusting....

My mother is doing alright at the Brookdale Lake Tavares. The community is nice and from what I can see, the staff treats her well, but she is having a hard time adjusting. I am hoping with time she will grow to like it.

Great Meals!!

My mom always says how wonderful the meals are and seems to have no complaints about her dinning experience. So I am very thankful that the chef does a good job at making sure that the meals he prepares are nutritious and have a good variety for the residents to choose from. The staff care also is very pleasant, they are very accommodating and helpful to my mothers needs especially because she is hard at hearing. Overall everything is fine so far and I have no complaints.

Under construction!

This community was in a transition with the new management and they were remodeling and updating things when I went on the tour. The staff treated us well and answered all of our questions that we had.

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch in the dining room prior to our tour. We were very impressed with all of the staff, very friendly and helpful. The guests seem very happy in their surroundings and it's a very comfortable facility. The one bedroom apartment, which includes a small kitchenette and nice separate living room is spacious and perfect for a senior needing a bit of care. The lovely view of Lake Tavares adds to the charm of this intimate (just 91 guests) property. We were very encouraged by our tour of the property and feel it would be a great option for our Dad.

Great place for my mom

A very welcoming and helpful staff even the residents! Homely comfortable environment.

A fun place

A very friendly and comfortable place to be and visit!

Wonderful

Wonderful place, great, friendly, helpful people. Unlike some places the staff really wants to work with older people and understands their needs. From first contact to everyday interactions the staff has been easy to work with, knowledgeable, and caring.

The move has my mom acclimated but the care is going well. However, she absolutely loves the food and made a friend who meet her at meal times. The staff are super and I can't say enough. Her room is suitable and nice, my mom says it is big. Everything is going well.

Dad is Happy Living in his new home!

Brookdale Lake Tavares is this facility's new name as I noticed it is listed as Grand Court. I moved my Dad into this community about a month and half ago. I noticed from the first visit how friendly and caring the staff is. In addition residents were laughing. They seemed so happy as they were enjoying the sunshine. My Dad did not want to move into a senior living facility. The sales and marketing person made sure that my Dad ate lunch with some other gentleman who live here. This helped a lot. My Dad loves to talk about WWII and they have a Veterans Club that he enjoys with other Veterans. The Chef prepares food that my father enjoys! I would definately recommend this facility.

Various friends and "shirt tail" relations have lived and/or worked there. It is a very fine place but not for me! Thank you anyway

Improve On Communication

The improvement can certainly be made on communication. They do not seem to communicate well with one another and then with getting it back to us. Other than that, everything else has been pretty good with them so far.

A friendly and attentive place

The facility is clean. It's just the carpets are a little worn looking. The smell is good. Everything else seems clean. They have very large apartments compared to others and the price is better. Everyone is very helpful. They call my father by his first name. Overall, its friendly and attentive. A really big thing for my dad is that there is more men at this facility compared to the others. The residents here are also more active, which is important to my dad.

A great environment

My Dad has lived independently for over 10 years. It was a difficult process to get him to agree that he needed someone to watch over him. He and I are 1500 miles away from each other.
The staff at Grand Court were very accommodating during the check in period and, since then as well. My Dad suffers from mild dementia and is not always the easiest to deal with. Add to that the fact that he has lived alone for those many years. The staff has been extremely patient with him.
After several visits to the facility and, discussions with the management at Grand Court I am secure in the fact that Dad has acclimated and is cared for.

I think they are a pretty good outfit, we were all set to move in.

I think they are a pretty good outfit, we were all set to move in. Unfortunately we decided not to move anywhere due to circumstances. They are a good value. The staff were all very friendly. Angela was very nice and very patient with us. We also liked the location of it.

A lot of options not includ...

A lot of options not included in the monthly fee. No options for financial assistance. Called it a private pay facility.

Great Community

Our loved one is very happy here. They really love the food and everything is just going great. Our loved one is looking better and feeling better we have seen good improvement. We are very pleased with Grand Court Tavares and would recommend them to anyone.

Excellent Staff!!

The staff is extremely friendly and can recall all the new residents’ names right off the bat. They are either trained very well or they are very particular on who they hire. The staff alway have smiles on their faces and are extremely courteous with residents and visitors a like. I was in the health care industry for over 15 years and spent a lot of time going into places and this is by far the best that I have ever seen. They have a booklet full of activities and they actually encourage the residents to participate. They also have a library that is run by residents; one of the residents approached my mother about helping out with the library since they knew she had a lot of experience as a librarian. My mom apartment is very nice and they keep it very clean. She has only been there a week and is already getting comfortable. I have not found any negative and I have been looking for them. I think my mother quality of life will be very good here. I can see a very positive influence it is having on her already. I am glad my mother chose this community because this is the one that I would have chosen for her. My family is very supportive of my mother choice. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Dad loves it there

Our search included 6 facilities in a whirlwind tour of Pinellas and Lake Counties. This is a large facility (110 apartments) with many services. I has a certain gender neutrality about it that sets it apart from many of the very feminine appearing facilities. There are still more female residents then male. The facility was immaculate with no odors. Painting of hallways and complete renovation of rooms is a continuing benefit. The view from the lakeside rooms, from the private terrace, is spectacular over the lawn and, to the lake. Dad enjoys watching the fishermen trying their luck at the lake and, will soon be trying his luck too. The staff is friendly, courteous and attentative. Bed cheks at night are the norm along with meal checks. Miss your meal, they go looking for you.

Independent living isn't what we need...

Independent living isn't what we need at this time. There was also an odor that irritated me.

Nice place, great staff, not as new b...

Nice place, great staff, not as new but very large.

Brookdale Lake Tavares offers assisted living with an independent flare. Our lakeside picturesque community is the perfect place to call home.
Explore new destinations of your choice as you browse through our book shelves in the library. Relax while sitting on a bench by the lake and enjoy the view. Brookdale Lake Tavares offers something for everyone to enjoy. We provide a variety of amenities and activities that are residents choose including:

Savy Bridge Club & Multiple Card Games
Veterans Monthly Breakfast
Be Fit Stretch Class
Spiritual Teachings and gatherings
Bingo
Men's & Women's Lunch Clubs
Sing a Longs

Our community has one bedroom and two bedroom apartment options, each of which includes:

Living room
Bedroom
Bathroom
Kitchenette
Closets
Private Balcony

Brookdale Lake Tavares' team is committed to providing the best support and care to our residents. We create personalized care plans for each individual that we monitor daily to ensure we are meeting every need and expection. Residents and families can rest assured knowing that our trained staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The best way to find your new home is to come by and meet our compassionate associates and happy residents!