Brookdale Pearland - Pearland, TX

Felt welcome and given an opportunity to express one of the hardest decisions I have ever make. Facility is welcoming and staff in the memory care home was open to questions and allowing me to take a tour. Although no availability at this time, my need is urgent.

We didn’t tour the memory care unit. Most of the options were 3 people to a room, which would not be appropriate for my mom. The Brookdale rep we met with was very helpful, informative, and kind.

Mom loves this place.

Mom has only been there for a week, but I think she will love it. It's a quite community.

A few bumps in the road

My mom was here for 4 or 5 years. There were a few issues that came up while she was there. The cost kept being pushed up and I kept trying to tell them that she couldn’t afford it because she was on a fixed income. I would find that she was in her room a lot and sometimes the staff wouldn’t be attending to her regularly. I had to talk to them once about her medication because they weren’t keeping up with it and they didn’t know what she was supposed to take. A lot of the time they wouldn’t reorder her medication in time so she was forced to go without it. On the weekends, they would have temps come in and they didn’t know everyone’s schedule for what meds were to be taken or when. They had a few activities, especially during the holidays; they provided dental care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and a salon. They would have group meals as well where the whole family could come. Some years you could go for free but then after a while they started charging the families to go. Another huge problem that I had was that my mother was on the top floor, so it was very difficult for her to get around. I talked to them about giving her a first floor room and they did and she wound up across the hall from the dining area, which worked for her nicely. However, the sewage from the upstairs neighbor would constantly show up in my mother’s bathroom. I’d come in sometimes and see that her bathroom floor wasn’t cleaned up well or that things looked dirty, and she even told me that they didn’t do a great job of cleaning. The facility agreed to give my mom a reduction in her rent and all of a sudden, after a few years of paying the same price, they said they’d have to start charging her to help her bathe, though that wasn’t something they were charging for before. All in all, I think at places like this, things sometimes fall through the cracks but they seemed to try their best.

Facility is very peaceful and quiet

I love how this facility has been so quiet, peaceful, and nice. Since we’ve moved my Grandma in, everything has been good and I don’t have any complaints. The staff members are respectful, attentive, and courteous. They communicate with us very well and they always seem to be upfront and open. In the beginning, there was a small confusion in her care. She went in to have a procedure and needed a little extra care when she got back to the facility. Unfortunately, there was about a week and a half of a lag to actually get her extra care started. It was a small miscommunication problem but since then it has been taken care of. The food is really good and my Grandma likes it. She is actually a really good cook and for her to compliment the food means a lot. I would recommend this community to other families.

Lovely Tour, But Not The Right Fit For Dad

I toured this community for my father, and his needs. My tour went well overall, and everyone was kind. The community looked nice, but it was a bit larger than what I wanted for my father. The staff I met was friendly, and helpful. My questions were answered, and the experience went well. It just was not the right fit for my father, and his needs.

Gave Us Peace Of Mind

We toured a few different communities but no others gave us the feeling of being welcome and giving us the peace of mind that my grandmother would be well taken care of here. The staff is wonderful extremely friendly and very caring. The community itself is bright and cheerful. The food is outstanding couldn't be more pleased.

My mom was in this community for a short time. We liked that the community was clean and the staff was friendly. My mom said that she did not remember if she had a meal from time to time. They had a lot of activities that were offered. We did not always know if she received her meals. The staff confirmed that she did receive meals as requested. My mom said she did not want to go back for care. Families should tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Excellent care for mom

I really like this service for in home care for my mom. I like that they were able to find us, someone, to come to the home. The care taker does help with house keeping, cooking. and she is really helping my mom with being active. The care taken does arrive on time and she is always willing to adjust to the different times at the last minute. We have great communication with her. We like that the care taker feels like family. We would highly recommend this service to other families for great assistance for in home care for a loved one.

A nice place!!

When I toured Brookdale, I thought it was a nice place. The facility was clean and well maintained. The people there were very friendly. They did have a lot of activities, but we chose a smaller home for more personalized care.

The care is outstanding from the wonderful staff who are caring. The menu is very good and I enjoyed have meals with him. I like to know that he is comfortable and doing well. Other families might like this community for the care of a loved one.

Enjoyable Staff!!

My mother was only at this community for a short period of time but we where very pleased with how things went for her during her stay. She always said how much she enjoyed staying there and would defiantly go back next time she needed too. They had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents and everything was very clean. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

Not a great atmosphere...

After touring this location, I found that this wasn't my favorite place. When I walked in, residents seemed to be alone and looked sad and lost. This is not really the kind of atmosphere that I would have liked my loved one to be in, so we did not choose this location.

Working Out Well

Everything going pretty well for my mother since her move to this community. She is a little irritated that she had to leave her old friends, but this is a good community for her. The staff is good, they have been helpful, and kind. The community is very clean, they do a great job with the cleanliness. The meals are pretty good. She enjoys the church services they have available. So far everything is working in the right direction for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

Very understanding staff.

My wife stayed here briefly before she passed. The staff was very compassionate and understanding during this difficult time. I would recommend this community to a friend or loved one.

A beautiful place

I toured this beautiful community. The staff were nice and caring and were able to answer the questions we had for care. It was very nicely taken care of. They had a nice variety of meals that would have been available. The activities would have been very helpful. I would recommend this community for loved ones.

No Problems with This Community

So far it has been a good experience for my father since his move to this community. They have a wonderful staff, and they are caring for him very well. I have not had any problems with this community. There activities for the residents, to keep them active. He is doing real well here at this community. I know he safe, and in a good place. I would recommend this community, it is a nice place.

I love this place

The staff is awesome at this community. They have been great to my loved one. The provide good activities and things to do for my loved one. The community is clean and they keep my involved with what is going on with my loved one.

Brookdale Pearland is a nice place!!!

My dad is still adjusting to his move to this community. The staff have good interaction with him and the family. The food is ok but he is not crazy about it. The offer various activities but he has not yet participated in any. This community gets my recommendation.

I really like this property for my sister Carolyn. They have a waiting list, so I'm going to send them a deposit to hold her spot on their waiting list. In the meantime, I'm still looking at other properties. ;)

They need to start taking care of their residents

They need to start taking care of their residents. My mother is bed and wheelchair bound and when they put her in the recliner daily, they just leave her there all day. My mother requires a high level of care and the care at this facility is substandard. My mother has a Stage 2 Decubitus Ulcer that her caregiver claims to have never seen. [removed] because this did not just appear overnight. I also believe that my Mom is being over medicated because at times she is unresponsive and it is difficult to wake her up. [removed]

They are taking very good care of my mother..

I really, really appreciate the care and how they communicate with me. They are always proactive. They are taking very good care of my mother. My mother is aggressive and they took a great approach. The staff has been great at getting to know her. They have just really made me feel at ease and very comforted. She deserves that kind of care. This whole process has been a very peaceful transition for us.

my mother is a deal to deal with they are understaffed to deal with her mom pulls fire alams but the peronal are fine but on the weekend help is light but mom has mental problems but over all they deal with her very well i would recommend highly they are very very clean facility

happy move

Everyone at Brookdale Pearland worked very hard to help my mom get settled after she moved in. I would not have survived that first month without Marilyn and Michele. We are very happy with our decision!

very compassionate

My experience with Brookdale Pearland was somewhat limited as mom actually ended up not moving in there. The experience we had with them though was very good. They were very kind, understanding, and compassionate. If we ever are in a situation where we need this type of service we would certainly choose Brookdale Pearland.

very easy to work with

They were very easy to work with. I do think their medicine charges for dispensing medicine are a bit high, but other than that we are very well pleased.

This is a lovely, smaller f...

This is a lovely, smaller facility with cottage style living. We have not pursued this facility further at this time due to location (farther away from their current home/friends)and cost. Also we weren't sure that the smaller cottage situation was the best fit for our parents. It is obviously a well run organization who were very helpful.

Nice looking place

We toured this location when looking into some higher care alternatives for our loved one. As this was a sister property of another Brookdale community we had been using the entry fee would have carried over, and there was no notice required to move, which are both very convenient benefits. This was not the location we ended up selecting, although it was a nice looking place.

Separate Buildings

I went there because my best friends mother was living there but I knew it wouldn't work for my mother. I didn't like that they had to go from one building to another for activities.

The location was phenomenal and that ...

The location was phenomenal and that was great, my grandma really enjoyed it. She was more or less social and she liked the group areas where they congregated and the fact that you weren't segregated to one area of the house. We didn't eat there much, we usually would go to one of the restaurants that was within earshot of the palce and offered senior discounts. They were very accomodating, not a lot changed while she was there. She fell once of her own accord, nothing to do with the property, but they were very responsive and I really thought it was the best community, we did a lot of drive bys and talked to people and it was the best in the area.

It's wonderful!

My mother loved it! We toured three other places and she liked The Hampton the best. I'm not qualified to rate their activities, but everything else was 5 star at The Hampton.

This one is my second favorite due to...

This one is my second favorite due to the menu choices and that he could move into another Hampton if necessary without having to pay a new fee.

$150.00 per day. Beautiful and very f...

$150.00 per day. Beautiful and very friendly. Small buildings, each fully staffed 24/7.

Spoke to the director. She has a spa...

Spoke to the director. She has a space in the alz ward where patients cannot just leave on their own. Also a space in the assisted living area for Mom. I can go take a tour on Thur or Fri, Mar 8,9.

Has all Mom needs. Downside-No associ...

Has all Mom needs. Downside-No associated skilled nursing though. Dr appt 15 mile radius and $1 for every mile over. $20 hour for caregiver to go to appts with her.

the best cookies, safe environment, n...

the best cookies, safe environment, near hong kong food market

4 blds,1 memorycare, all same design,...

4 blds,1 memorycare, all same design, only studios except independent living, 12.2miles from my house,neighborhood feel,behind Green Tee

I like the looks of this place situat...

I like the looks of this place situated between two nice neighborhoods. It looks like an apartment complex between the neighborhoods. 16 residents to a building. Small and personal. Lots of activities that take them to visit other buildings. Friday they were having smoothies in one building, but residents from all buildings are invited. Had a resident come up and tell me how happy she was to have an apartment here. Nice place, stable employees. Very nice - comprable pricing.

I was impressed by how professional a...

I was impressed by how professional and friendly the director was and the rest of the staff as well. There was a large variety of choices for the apartment. The menu and the activities were quite diverse as well. The grounds were beautiful and the whole place very clean. The place was impressive as a whole.

this place will take the g tube and s...

this place will take the g tube and seems very nice

Brookdale Place Pearland provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

From an array of community parks to cozy neighborhood parks and dog parks to walk your dog, Pearland, Texas, is an amazing place for seniors to live out their golden years.

Located just outside of Houston, Texas, Brookdale Pearland is a senior living community where seniors can thrive.

With a population of just over 113,000 people, Pearland is a close-knit community with a lot to offer. From the beautiful and historical Old Settler's Cemetery to the hundreds of options for shopping and leisure, Pearland, Texas, is a great and thriving city.

With a median age of 34-years-old, Pearland spreads out over three counties including Brazoria, Fort Bend and Harris Counties. There are over 20 senior living facilities located in this gorgeous city.

Modes of transportation in Pearland include an array of cab, limousine, and care services, as well as public bussing and the BNSF Railway.

Besides the many pear trees in which this beautiful city is named, there are many sites, attractions, and events for seniors to enjoy:

Sri Meenakshi Temple: A must-see in the Pearland area, this temple, which sits on 23 acres, offers tours to visitors.

The Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railroad Depot: For train buffs, Pearland is a dream come true with this amazing depot to visit. This depot was constructed in 1900 and was a place where settlers would meet visitors and pick up supplies for the town, such as mail and livestock.

Old Settlers Cemetery: For anyone wanting to learn more about the history of Pearland, this cemetery offers a variety of history dating back to 1898. Six Civil War veterans are buried in the cemetery and may of the gravestones feature intricate carvings related to that time period.

John Hargrove Environmental Complex & Wetlands: Boasting an environmental complex, these wetlands are the ultimate place for those who love bird-watching. There are also trails to walk where seniors can take in the amazing scenery and reconnect with nature.

The average temperature in Pearland is about 70 degrees, so it is a wonderful location in which to enjoy activities and events indoors or outdoors. Movie theaters and other opportunities for fun are plentiful and the crime rate in the area is much lower than metropolitan areas.

From a Bass Pro Shop that offers visitors the opportunity to touch and connect with wild life to a The an 18,000 gallon aquarium with tons of aquatic life to admire, to bowling alleys and plenty of shopping, Pearland is an amazing place to seniors to enjoy their golden years.