Oceanview Senior Living - Newport, OR

Nice Tour, But Expensive

I had a good tour of this community. Everything went very well. The community looked nice. and very well maintained. The staff was kind, and informative. All my questions were answered. It is a nice place, but to expensive for my taste.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community. -Westmont Living

Wonderful staff

My Dad died, but when he was there they were really wonderful with him. He was temperamental and they were very kind and patient with him. The staff was wonderful and I would recommend this facility to anyone.

Tammy Lee

Don't do this to your family

Do not recommend. Got our senior admitted after she chose this facility based on appearance, room availability and cost. Started out costing her $3200/mo, went up to $5100/ mo with no change in her care needs over a 6 month period. They keep drumming up charges for all kinds of things she does not need or want, condescend to her when we ask about them jacking up the rate, she eats virtually none of the food, unappealing. They charge her to announce activities, which she does not want. No effort to correct these issues after several attempts. She needed adjustment to her toilette for height, and after waiting 3 months we fixed it ourselves. Microwave broke, had to replace it ourselves. Don't do this to your senior. We are moving her out. Can pay for a private caregiver cheaper.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for alerting us to your concerns. We apologize that your experience was less than positive and did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in responding to our customers concerns to ensure we can make immediate corrections when possible.

We have relayed the concerns directly to our team and would appreciate your time to further discuss any additional specific information that may help us resolve those concerns please reach out. We value all of our residents and families and your insight is of the up most importance to our Westmont Living Family. - Westmont Living

Our biggest concern is the way the food is served. The dining room setup is not done very well. They can have to wait up to an hour after ordering for the food to arrive. I think the cleanliness is fine. I have been pretty impressed with most of the staff. There are some little things that could be better, the laundry isn't always brought back promptly. The transportation to and from doctors appointments are a little limited, with only certain, days and times, or distances. That wasn't very clear.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community and we have alerted the staff about your concerns. -Westmont Living

Looked very nice, but it is very expensive

I toured this location when I was looking into senior living options. I had a meal here, and a brief tour. From what I saw everything looked very nice, and the food was good. However, this place was just too expensive for me to really consider it as an option.

Tammy Lee

They're wonderful. They are extremely helpful, and they are very patient.

They're wonderful. They are extremely helpful, and they are very patient. They communicate well, they keep a good eye on their people. If they see anything out of line, at all, they give a call. They check on them all the time, and are really friendly when they do. They do a really good job. They will even provide their medication for them, which is a Godsend for us. They have outings and the librarian comes and they have music and things. A lot of the activities are geared toward women.

Tammy Lee

Oceanview Senior Living is located in Newport, Oregon on the beautiful Central Oregon Coast. Many of our apartments have ocean views. Our basic services include three delicious meals a day in our elegant dining room, an exciting activity schedule, a library, beauty parlor, spa room, transportation and housekeeping,
We have a Registered Nurse on staff and our 24 hour a day, well trained staff can assist you with medication management, laundry service, and other activities of daily living. The spirit of Oceanview is friendly, helpful, safe and fun.