Chamomile Assisted Living II - Madison, WI

Not a good feeling!

I was able to take a tour of this community and I just did not feel comfortable. I met with the owner and he was a bit young and that just made me feel uneasy. I just did not like the place. Not right for my mother in law.

I wanted to put up a sign that said flee.

I went there and thought, oh my gosh, you have got to be kidding. Their big thing is that they have a bus and go anywhere in the city and take the people out and about, pretty much daily. I didn't really see a lot in the place that would provide a living environment, it looked like a YMCA center with a lot of mini apartments around it. There were a lot of activity centers, but no real sense of community. The person who owned it and ran it, seemed to be there only one who knew what they were doing. I wanted to put up a sign that said flee. The guy is a nice guy but seriously one stroke away from being inoperable.

Chamomile Assisted Living is the ideal solution for older adults and others who value their independence yet need some help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders. Health monitoring is an important part of what we provide.
Our residents enjoy living spaces designed for comfort and confidence, with a choice of attractive, carpeted apartments, each with a private bathroom/shower. Every apartment is equipped with an emergency call response system for added confidence.
Because every resident has his/her own needs and preferences right from the beginning, we meet with residents along with their families before they move in – and at regular intervals afterward.
The goal is to determine appropriate levels of care while preserving each resident’s dignity, encouraging independence and best enabling freedom of choice.