• Arts and Crafts Programs
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Attend church/worship services
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • On-site Nurse
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • Respite care available
  • Respite Care
  • Female Residents Accepted
  • Female & Male Residents
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!

Dad is doing well

I am happy my dad is here they are taking good care of him. They are caring, helpful and responsive. They will always make sure he is clean and has clean clothes on. If he were to have an accident they are prompt to get him cleaned up. The food is good but he thinks its to blad, he is on a low sodium diet. He is in a nice spacious room with a restroom. Housekeeping will clean for him and do his laundry and put his clothes away. They have a sidewalk out front where they sit in chairs and enjoy the sun. I would recommend this community.

Brenda Poppy

We are glad your dad is doing so well at Heritage Monona! Providing a caring and comfortable environment for our residents and their guests is very important to us. We appreciate your comments!

Nice facility and friendly staff

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Aunt. The reason why we did not pick this community is that they only had efficiency apartments which were right above the entrance. The marketing director was very helpful and informative. They answered all of our questions and gave us clear answers. It’s a very nice facility and the staff was friendly too. I would recommend it to other families.

Brenda Poppy

We are glad you had such a positive experience on your tour of Heritage Monona. Providing a friendly and welcoming environment for our guests and residents is very important to us. We appreciate your comments!

My Time Was Not Important

I was scheduled to take a toured here for my loved one, but when I arrived, they did not seem to be expecting me. I spoke with the front desk girls and was asked to take a seat. after that, I sat for more than 15 minutes before anyone spoke to me. I felt like I was being ignored or that my time was not important. I didn't feel; that the staff was competent either. If they could not take care of me well, How could they take care of my loved one?

Brenda Poppy

We’re sorry to learn that your experience at Heritage Monona was less than adequate! Quality matters so we appreciate your input. We will utilize your comments to help us improve.

No complaints so far

My Father is here currently and so far he seems to be settling well. From what I’ve seen, the staff seems to be interacting pretty positively with my dad and he doesn’t have any complaints so far. We know someone who has a parent that’s here, too, and they seem to be pretty accommodating to his needs as well. Dad says the food is good and hasn’t had any complaints. They clean his apartment once a week and when I go in there it is pleasant smelling and it looks like it’s good. There are exercise classes, games, a daycare center will come by with little kids to interact with them. Laundry, meals, medication disbursement, furnishings, rent, and toiletries are included in the price. The only thing I would suggest that maybe they could fix would be a way to keep track of care requests. If you have a request on a specific type of care that your loved one needs, there’s no way of tracking to see if those requests have been taken care of. But overall, I would recommend them.

Brenda Poppy

We are pleased that your father is having such a positive experience at Heritage Monona so far. Providing a clean, active and attentive environment for our residents and their guests is very important to us. We appreciate your comments!

Clean and nice facility.
Very helpful caring staff.
Quiet building.
Meals are very good.
Many activities.
Safe environment.

Brenda Poppy

Hi Kathleen. Thank you for your comments. Heritage Senior Living prides itself on providing a caring, safe and active environment for our residents. We're glad you had a positive experience at our Monona community!

Very Pleasant Tour

This is a good community, and my tour of it went very well. The community looked really nice, and everything was nice, and clean. The staff was cordial, and polite. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. It was nice experience overall. However I did find another community that suited our needs better.

Brenda Poppy

We're glad your tour of Heritage Monona went well. Providing a positive environment for our guests and residents is very important to us, and we appreciate your comments.

Tour was a Good One

My tour of this community was a nice one overall. From what I was shown the community looked nice. The staff I came across was kind, and friendly. My tour guide was nice, and my questions were answered. I did find another community that suited our needs better, my tour of this community was a good one.

Brenda Poppy

We are glad that your tour of Heritage Monona went well. Treating our guests, residents and families will kindness and respect is at the core of our mission. We appreciate your comments!

Community for care

I moved into this community. The staff are nice and attentive. The menu could use some improvements. The community is clean, but could use alittle improvements. They offer activiites to help the residents. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

A tour for mom and dad

I toured this community for the care of my parents. It was a nice tour for the care of both my parents. They only had smaller rooms. It seemed to be nice and the community was clean and maintained for the care. I would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Love and Care for a friend

I really liked the care my good friend received here. She liked the staff and we would of not gotten better care then then what she did receive here. The community is very clean and nice. The food was extremely good. They did have activities, and did enjoy the live music. The care and the love that is shown here is outstanding. They kindness was so meaningful to see that she was so greatly taken care of here.

Enhanced Care Onsite (Like mini-SNF)...
Visiting: Nurse, Podiatrist, Dentist, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist

Overall this is a nice place- The only real problems
is calling in to speak to a nurse or caregiver-
- it is hard to get ahold of anyone. They need to get a
better phone service. My mom is happy and that is
most important.

They can not say they would keep my Uncle if his private funds ran out. They also have a wait list.

Review of Heritage Monona - Monona, WI

Absolutely beautiful facility well staffed clean bright and comfy. A little pricey for the average budget unfortunately

I liked the place it was nice, but they didn't handle her very well.

I liked the place it was nice, but they didn't handle her very well. They could have handled things a little differently. It seems like they wanted to keep upping her medications. I think it would be better for someone who is a little more docile.

Generally positve

Generally positve experience at Heritage in Monona. Feel more secure with Mom at Heritage rather than on her own. Meals and activities excellent! Wellness checks could be better and more frequent. Some staff is very nice but others not so much. Mom's unit is at back of complex so when staff comes and goes for shifts or takes trash out she gets a lot of noise.

terrible food

The food is terrible and it needs improvement.

so far everything is going okay

At Heritage Monona so far everything is going okay. The staff seem rather attentive and extremely friendly here. I really don't have any complaints about this facility so far. I am pleased with how things are going here.

Lovely building, friendly staff. Facilities very new and shiny. Felt more like a hotel than a home. My visit was during quiet and rest time so not able to really judge on activities or food. It was only 1:00pm and dining room was already set for dinner - no one relaxing over a second cup of coffee.

Highly Recommend

Heritage Is an absolutely wonderful facility. We have a member in memory care and a member moving into assisted living. One member was an emergency situation so the need was urgent. I have high expectations and toured multiple facilities which were all very nice facilities (with the exception of one) . But the staff at Heritage was levels above the others. Their true compassion for their "family" members was very apparent and it was real. They also have a nurse within each unit so the level of personal care they are able to provide is also higher. About a month after our first member went into memory care we are now in the process of moving the spouse of the first member to the assisted care unit. We were able to work with the same person and received the same high level of caring and compassion from them. the staff members in the unit are very attentive and helpful and again, their caring just comes through in everything they do. Including the activity director! Heritage was not the least expensive nor was it the most expensive and It is a beautiful facility. The layout of the facility also makes it convenient for members in different units. Additionally, their memory unit is a square with a beautiful courtyard so the members can go outside at their leisure and are still secure. The square layout is also a big plus for memory unit members. The facility is beautiful and very comfortable. Overall, if you have a family member needing long term care, you must look into Heritage Senior Living in Monona. you will not be disappointed. They also have a facility in Middleton but I did not visit that location. Moving members into a facility is very difficult for them as well as the family and Heritage really made the transition much smoother for all than we could have imagined.

Heritage is nice place for your parent.

We moved our mother into Heritage just yesterday, and she seems to be adjusting very well. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the facility is clean and well laid out. Residents can control the temperature of their apartments, and my mother's apartment has new carpeting and is quite spacious. The facility is relatively new (2009), so it has amenities like granite countertops in the bathroom.

This is a nice place, they do a good job.

This is a nice place, they do a good job. My mother is here in the memory care. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I would use them for dad too, if they could both be in the same place, unfortunately, that doesn't work so well for them.

Heritage is a great fit!

Caregivers are so caring and sensitive to the residents needs. Willing to work with my mom on her incontinence needs. Really happy we made the change for my mom's needs are being met with out me demanding them.

Report on LaVona

Helpful. Good resources. Good communication with nurse, but need to be more practive. No monthly report on status.

All in all it's been a really good thing, we have some peace of mind now.

We have been there a little over a month. We were very impressed during the tours. We feared a rough transition, based on an experience we had with a different facility two years previous. However, the nurse recommended that we give him some time to settle in before we visited, and had some different approaches, like if we were visiting, and he needed something to ask the staff so he could used to the idea of doing that. When we went to visit, our family saw he was much more peaceful than he had been either at home or in a different facility two years earlier. Things seem less stressed, he's calmer. He is getting good care, there is always staff around, they are walking around and checking in. The staff to patient ratio is really good. They know what the residents likes and dislikes are. They seem to understand that the residents react differently to different situations and that different solutions work for different people. They are really tuned into the concept of giving individual attention. There are times that the caregivers are overloaded but there has never been anything serious to worry or complain about. It always looks nice and is very attractive. The staff and management is always very friendly. They have a lot of planned activities, and they have a lot of community outreach. People seem happier there than other places we looked at. The dining room is cheerful, and the menu looks pretty good. I think we made a good choice with this community. All in all it's been a really good thing, we have some peace of mind now.

AMAZING care staff!

They did a great job taking care of my loved one! The facility itself was always clean and nice looking, and the care and activities provided were good. The care staff, however, were unbelievably wonderful. My loved one could be a little difficult to work with, and they were so patient, and so compassionate. They were unfailingly kind to her every minute of every day. I stayed with her the last few days before she passed, and it blew me away how caring they were. I really can't say enough nice things about them! I would definitely recommend this place to someone looking into care.

Very friendly staff

This is a very nice community. It's a fairly new facility, and it looks nice and is kept very clean. The staff have all been very friendly and easy to work with. They've got what looks to be a good variety of activities, although I'm not sure how much my loved one is participating at this point. The location was also very convenient, and will make it easier to visit more frequently.

Consistent Staff

I like the nurse that is there, the staff is good. It is cleaner and the staff is more responsive. Much less turnover. The staff has been very consistent in the three months that we've been there. It's a bright and happy atmosphere.

Heritage Monona review

We have just moved my Father here (about 2 weeks ago). The employees were great with helping us get everything set up, answering questions, and doing a lot of the leg work to get my dad moved with-in a short time frame.
They are friendly and take time to get to know the residents and talk to them. The facilities look to be fairly new so they are in great condition.

Has most of what we were looking for

We're very pleased, the value is very hard, it has nothing to do with heritage, just the overall cost of assisted living and it also requires a sense of alternatives for the levels of care which is information we don't have. What the facilities provided all varied with the costs they told us. The activites are hard for me to evaluate only because during the period we've been there they've been building, I don't mean construction, but they have a lot of empty rooms and as they are filling up they're getting more activities so I think it will improve. The other options we evaluated were so short on one measurement or another with the kinds of things we were looking for and Hertiage provided virtually all of them: it's a new facility, it's clean, the staff is very good and it also gives a different feeling, much less instituational

A move from Oakwood Covenant unit to Heritage Memory care

Our relative has now lived over 3 months at Heritage. She moved there from Oakwood Covenant Memory unit when they could no longer care for her because of increasing number of falls. The set up of both residential facilities is quite different. While Oakwood has residents in family units of ten or less; Heritage has up to 40 residents around a square and everyone eats in a common dining room. Oakwood is mostly staffed by RAs (residential aid) (usually two per ten residents, but on occasion only one person may staff an area); Heritage does require all staff to be CNAs so they are a little better trained. However the Oakwood staff has some very long time aids who have experience and maturity that far exceed the very young staff of Heritage in actual experience in care. Both facilities are very neatly set up and clean and both require the care staff to do dining service, general cleaning, and laundry. We like it a lot that Heritage offers a base rent and then a level of care service fee. Heritage offers more opportunities for a resident to socialize with other residents on a daily basis, but their organized activities and cultural offerings are currently slim compared to Oakwood's. While we like the location of Heritage much better as it is 5 miles closer to home the facility does not have much in outside grounds or paths. We have also discovered that all of the doors are locked except for the front main entrance and they do not have any bike racks for staff or visitors. For a memory care resident who does not care about opportunities to be outside Heritage is an excellent choice, There is one large courtyard at the center of the square. One of our complaints from the start has been that we do not have access to our relatives room without calling for someone to let us into the unit. This is in place for security reasons, but we find it very inconvenient and worry about how much care time is lost just in answering the door for friends and relatives. Overall it is an excellent value for memory care. Staff is in general very patient oriented and administration is willing to work with the family to make needed adjustments for the residents. They also provide furnishings which lessen the burden of caregivers to set up a room. There is no doctor or social worker on staff, but they do offer podiatry and other basic health services via a company from the outside and there is a beauty shop on site.

No Activities

This place seems okay. My dad has Alzheimer's and lives there. I picked this place because it seemed like some of the residents were still walking around and talking. I haven't seen any activities yet. They just sit and watch t.v. and the screen is small and the volume is low so I don't know how elderly people could enjoy that. I think if they had more engaging activities he might do more. I haven't tasted it, but the food looks pretty good.

The initial appearance is really good. It was really clean and new - they do a great job of marketing but in the end it's no different than the other places. They all seem like they try to get by without doing much for the people that live there.

My dad was disappointed that you have to take such small rooms because of the cost.

Plenty to do

We chose this location because of the convenient location for our family. When we went to visit we were very pleased. The staff is really friendly and seems to know everyone. It has a more of an apartment community feeling rather then an institution. There is no odor and doesn't smell like an elderly home care center. They have lots of activities and a good variety to keep those that wish to participate busy. We are very pleased with Heritage Monoma.

Really liked it but no immediate availability

We visited Heritage Manola when we were looking for communities, we were very happy with this community and everything it offers. The only draw back is that they did not have immediate availability. We needed to move in right away so we had to choose a different community but this would have been a great choice too. They offer independent, assisted, and skilled nursing areas. Their apartments have a full kitchen so the residents can cook on their own, but if they choose not to they can also just order from the restaurant style kitchen.

CNA staff trained in Alz ca...

CNA staff trained in Alz care, RN full time business hrs on call weekends not able to handle any med care on site courtyard 25 spaces didn't tell me much about what they have now-just plans for near future as management is changing over summer and they will be adding stuff but don't know when 1/6-8 ratio, RN has phone contact with nearby clinic/Dr pressure alarms on chair and bed direct to staff VS loud beep eye-to-eye check every two hours min which she was proud of activities $4,300-4,700/mo 4 care levels-add $2,000 for each level needed up to 100hrs ????

Spent time with Betty on parent's nee...

Spent time with Betty on parent's needs and tour of floor they would be on.Each care type is segregated. Enhanced AL 28 apts, memory care 40 and 38, assisted 37, independent senior 88. One room available is 600 sq feet with balcony and view of Owen drive, post office and local restaurant.Each room has own air con and own thermostat. Furniture of a bed, chest and nightstand that matches the facility theme of a Frank Lloyd Wright theme. All doors hardwood, plenty of closet and cupboard space. floor level wheelchair accessible shower about 4-5 feet wide.The nicest room would be 5150 base price with 1200 extra for dad. This room has a private balcony off the living room. If they took a smaller room price drops 450.The rooms composed of a kitchen area with full size refrig, sink, micro, nice size living room, separate bedroom with closet, separate bath with shower and closet.All brand new and very clean.Dining room is like a restaurant setting with table cloths, cloth napkins, silverware, glasses. Menu looked impressive. I saw two types of fish being served this week, tilapia one day and pollack another.There is a whirlpool available weekly, a spa, a library. All mail is downstairs and each resident gets a box and key.Hallways are like being in a motel but with railings down both sides. There are nice sitting areas at key points all nice furniture. Downstairs is a large foyer with a fireplace. Small back patio where they do cookouts.All staff is CNA or higher certification. RN on site M-F 7 to 9. On call at other times. LPN on staff. Staff ratio is CNA or higher 1:6-8. They do not count other staff such as housekeeping, kitchen as part of the staff to ratio number. At night the ratio goes down due to less demand. bed checks every two hours.Med admin, laundry, housekeeping, weekly shower or whirlpool, three meals a day plus snacks.fall monitoring equip is 25/mnth security deposit of 5150 refunded minus cleaning fee at time of vacancy.Transportation 50/visit They have a call monitoring system that measures the amount of time from when a call is made to when a CNA arrives to meet that need. Betty said the wait time is around 2 min.Phys Ther is provided by Lessila Phys Ther LLC. All services are contracted through them and are a separate charge.

Very nice place I think they said bo...

Very nice place I think they said both could stay in the memory care area but I think they were trying to convince us another facility would be better.

I liked the location (short commute f...

I liked the location (short commute from Sun Prairie where I live). Facility is gorgeous. I liked the layout of the memory unit. Rooms were nice. Activity schedule looked good.

no state funding at this time. Visit...

no state funding at this time. Visited with the director.

One of my favorites. Impressive staf...

One of my favorites. Impressive staff and facility.

I did tour this place and it's beauti...

I did tour this place and it's beautiful and I do know some people who have loved ones here but I have some concerns because we know of one person who had to remove her mother from here because of some sort of incident. I also believe that the contact person was not completely honest with me regarding my questions about the incident and was only concerned with getting a name. I would have rather heard her side of the story. I also don't think she was completely honest with me about the staff smoking situation. I expressed concerns about smoking and she did not divulge to me that she is a smoker and but led me to believe that she did not like the smoking either. I was told (granted it is here-say) by the same family that removed their mom that if you needed to find the staff just to look in the smoking area.

I toured with director. The facility...

I toured with director. The facility is lovely. A lot of interaction with the residents.

Within the doors of Heritage Monona, you'll find a warm and gentle community where daily assistance is provided with love and the utmost respect for the personal integrity of our residents. Heritage Monona is a vibrant 143-unit community that offers multiple levels of care - including Independent, Assisted and Enhanced Assisted Living and Memory Care - allowing our residents to age in place as their health care needs change. Our compassionate staff has been specially selected and carefully trained to serve with an open heart and a friendly smile. We're collectively committed to five principles which serve as guidelines for all our programs and relationships.

Independence, Individuality, Privacy, Choice and Dignity