Whispering Woods - Grand Rapids, MI

Happy Tour

I recently visited this facility last week and was able to meet with the Executive Director, she informed us that she has been with Whispering Woods for over 5 years. We toured the Memory Care and were very impressed by the calm and gentle nature. I would be very happy to have my father here. Sounds like there are many improvements coming as well, looking forward to see what these are. Love the exclusivity of the buildings and nature.

Hospice Resident

My mother in law was here with hospice, she was very comfortable.

2 visits

Our family toured in late November last year and stopped back in last Tuesday as our search is getting more serious. Wow has the campus really bloomed and shows better than the winter months. We were happy to see employees that were here last time we visited. Our family is looking for a community that has employees that have been with the facility for some time, high turn over facilities are a big red flag to us. Building 8 Memory Care is what we are interested in and every time we have visited there is a large activities group happening in the center of the building, last time it was balloon toss and this visit was exercising. Great to see that the set schedule for activities is consistent and residents looked happy. I think we are narrowing down our search and Whispering Woods is in our top 3 choices.

No More Complaints!

The ED [Name removed] has always been very helpful and communicative for our family. My mother in law lives at WW and has been there for 4 months now. She is one of those people that always has something to say/complain about, so when we hadn't heard from her in a while we stopped in to check on her. She was enjoying herself with the other residents in an activity of Bingo. We heard from staff that she had been quite pleasant and was adapting very well to Assisted Living.

Safe Place

My mother is in the Memory Care unit - building [location removed] and it brings such comfort knowing that she is in a secure living facility with 24 hour staff. She was having problems wandering from her home and we had to make the hard decision to place her elsewhere last April - Whispering Woods has been a saving grace. It is easy for myself and her grand kids to visit, and even take her to lunch occasionally.

The peace of mind knowing she is safe is everything!

Great Location

My mother lives in the Assisted Living at Whispering Woods. We chose Whispering Woods due to the location - it is right off of East Paris, which is where all my mothers Specialists are at. We also have a family membership at the MVP across the street so we will swing by and grab my mother to join us or to relax by the pool.

Happy Parents

My sister and I had to make a quick decision on where to move our parents. Our father was in the hospital and was reaching a discharge date and our mother could not take care of him by herself anymore.

We worked with the case manager at the hospital who hooked us up with Whispering Woods. We were able to tour right away and move through the admissions process quickly that day.

The hospital was able to do a direct discharge of my father a few days later and my mother joined the following week.
Whispering Woods worked with the transition of my mother doing everything and helping take over the care portion of my father.

They have both enjoyed the extra help and the staff. Activities have been great too, they are mingling with people their own age.

Relaxing Mother in Assisted Living

My mother is currently living in the Assisted Living at Whispering Woods, building 3. We both like the idea that it is divided in smaller buildings so she is able to meet people. So far through activities she has met a few ladies that used to live in the same area when they were younger. They go to Bingo, and get their nails done.

The dining area has been pleasant, my mother is relieved she does not have to worry about providing/cooking food for herself. Everything is served right in the dining room, aka restaurant style.

She also loves that staff is doing her laundry! She is truly learning to relax and enjoy herself, which is great to see because she took care of our family and father for the last 50 years of her life.

Terrible Assisted Living

The Assistive Living for our daughter has gone from very nice, four years ago to horrible. The aids use vulgar language. Have earbuds in their ears while "attending" to our daughter. They can't hear her and have a don't care attitude. When she complains to the management it comes back to her and the aids threaten that they won't help her or work with her etc. There are employees who refuse to care for her. I call it bullying. It's difficult for me to see our loved one go through this. The stress she is going through is affecting her health. On one visit, my husband and I noticed fecal matter in her sink and a pan with dirty wash water and cloth on her computer desk. Filthy.

Hello Jane,

We deeply apologize for your recent experience with Whispering Woods. Our goal is to hire staff that is compassionate and caring so each of our residents gets the quality of care they deserve. We would love for you to stop by Whispering Woods to speak with our Executive Director so we can discuss this situation further.

Red Carpet Experience

My parents recently moved to Whispering Woods after basically getting the boot from their previous place - due to an extreme $$$ increase. Whispering Woods completely over hauled the room - new flooring, fresh paint, new doors, and bathroom vanity. My parents felt like the red carpet was rolled out for them, which after the headache we have had was greatly appreciated!

Easy Transition

My mother is at Whispering Woods and she enjoys the full activities calendar for Independent Living and the other people living in the building. They are very social and love playing games together like Bingo/Skipbo.

I like that she is in a secure place that over time will be an easy transition from her apartment in Independent Living to Assisted Living.

DO NOT PLACE ANYONE YOU LOVE HERE !!!
Bed bugs, rotating staff, no one cares, just keep the money coming that all they care about.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for letting us know your concerns, were sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Bed bugs are a difficult issue and unfortunately have become common in highly populated communities. We want to assure you that we take every precaution to prevent these situations and when they do arise we are very proactive in addressing them. All of our staff is trained on containment and prevention. We utilize all of the appropriate treatments until the issue is fully resolved.

Whispering Woods

We did have a tour of Whispering Woods after leaving Waldon Woods and we both really like this property.This was more of what we anticipated. [Removed] was very helpful. We are very interested in this Facility. Talk to you soon [Removed]. Thanks again, [Removed]

Care for family

We toured this community for care. The staff were nice and helpful to answer the questions that we had. We wanted to make sure that my parents were in the same building. They offer a nice menu and activities for participation when possible We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

I thought the staff at this location where friendly and gave lots of great information my dad and I about there community. They where very patient with all of our questions and made sure to answer them with lots of detail. The location was just a little too far for my family and I to drive everyday to go and see my dad.

Best for Loners

We toured this community. We did not like how it was 6/8 units per building and so those tenets were who you would eat with/socialize with every day. This is a great place if someone doesn't want to be in a community. If they want to be solitary and not bothered by others. I suggest other families tour this community to see if it is what they are looking for.

Lackluster Performance

My father is a resident at Whispering Woods, having moved in just prior to Christmas 2016. Initially, things seemed to be going good. Unfortunately, it didn't take long for concerns and areas in need of change to become apparent. We were told at the time that we toured Whispering Woods, that the facility had a lift chair available for my Dad to have in his room. The chair that was in his room, was not a lift chair and had a pretty large piece of metal protruding out the back.

My Dad is a Diabetic, so he is at greater risk of developing an infection, should he have become cut on that metal. Last week, the reclining chair was replaced, but it is still not a lift chair.

My Dad also has Congestive Heart Failure and has an implanted pacemaker. It doesn't appear that anyone has been weighing him daily, listening to his lung sounds, or assessing his feet and ankles . He has had so much edema in them that he hadn't been able to even get his shoes on, but rather has to wear slippers.

Unfortunately, there has been very poor follow through with medication techs (who are not licensed) and the nursing staff member, who serves as community resident coordinator. We had a medication tech provide the medication sheets for the wrong resident (not my Dad's) to the personal performing evaluations on him for the Medicaid Waiver Program.

My Dad, who also has Alzheimer's Disease, did not receive personal care assistance from staff until we met with one of the corporate nurses who was down to the Whispering Woods facility trying to make recommendations for improvements.

My Dad reported that third shift staff members were sleeping while on shift and told him to go back to bed when he got up at about 6 am.

Despite completing a several paged form with his likes and dietary dislikes, my Dad continued to be served spinach, broccoli and other unwanted selections. He was there for over a month until we were informed that he could make an alternate selection.

My dad was recently started in insulin and has frequent blood glucose tests throughout the day. Despite him having continued high reading over 300, I (as his guardian) was not informed of these high readings until after I told the facility that I was looking at removing my Dad from their facility.

My husband and I were very surprised and very concerned when we learned last weekend of the incident at another Meridian facility in October, where a resident walked out of the facility, and out to the courtyard, where she was found over 5 hours later, expired (dead) from hyperthermia, only 40 feet from her room. It is alleged that staff did not perform the checks on at least this resident like they were supposed to.

The facility does appear to have extra staff on site, while attempting to correct the areas that appear deficient in. Unfortunately, it took my identifying that the building my dad resides in does not have a "hydration station", which is a place for residents to get water and other beverages.

I believe that they are attempting to improve, but our family is touring other facilities to see if we can find more appropriate care staffing elsewhere.

I would highly recommend reviewing many other facilities prior to selecting Whispering Woods Assisted Living, or any other Meridian facility.

Alex Snoeyink

Kim we are so sorry to hear about your poor experience with us and the other Meridian properties. I am happy to say that we have recently had a change of management companies and are seeing wonderful improvements. Our staff has undergone extensive training and our management team is taking a very active roll in the oversight of the day to day activities of the community. We are committed to the safety, well being and happiness of our residents. I would love for you to stop by and see the improvements. Thank you for your feedback.

We love it!

When dad first moved in the carpet was dirty. We had to tell them about that a few times before it got taken care of. However, the staff here is wonderful and very friendly. Dad enjoys the meals and going to the dining hall. Dad has not gotten involved with the activities yet,but he is still transitioning.

Happy family

My aunt has lived at Whispering Woods building #8 for a year now. My aunt receives excellent care, and of all the facilities we toured, I am happy we chose Whispering Woods. We are treated like a family here. If you are looking for your loved one, be aware of their needs while choosing a community.

I can't pretend anymore.

I regret to admit that I have had a loved one in this facility for over nine years. The cost and location drove this decision. But....I can no longer ignore the deterioration of the quality of services. The place has become increasingly shabbie and unwelcoming. It is dirty and cluttered.
Care Giver Staff is constantly changing and rude to my face..that is when they are not running the other way when I enter the building. It is impossible to get accurate information from them regarding status of my loved one. I can't get to know them because they usually do not have on name tags.
Clothes continue to go missing, as laundry must be too difficult for them to process.
These are the people responsible for proper care and dispensing of drugs.
They are lazy and disinterested. Except for a very few which is the reason I have tolerated this situation for this long.
I am tired of revisiting the same complaints. As disruptive as it might be to change residences;
I think the time has come.
Please do not place your family member in this awful home.

Janet Davis

We are very sorry to hear that you had unfavorable experience during your loved one's stay at Whispering Woods. We continually strive to provide our residents and families the best quality service possible and is appears we did not accomplish this goal. If you would like to discuss your particular incident, please feel free to contact us to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

My aunt was a resident at whispering woods for about 61/2 months. Her time spent in the locked memory unit was approximately 5-6 weeks. The care was terrible there. If she had not been in hospice care also I would have moved her. The med tech in charge was totally unprofessional and had no idea meds she was on or why. When I asked if she was still receiving medication for her glaucoma she gave me a long answer that told me she had no idea what glaucoma is. [Removed]. Another aide told her to stop it. I would never recommend this facility.

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know your concerns, were sorry to hear that this has been your experience. We would be happy to set up a care conference with you and our management team to address these issues and develop a plan of correction. Our goal is to support you and your loved one while working together to meet your expectations. Please let us know if you would like to set up a meeting, or please stop by as our door is always open if you need to speak with us.

Whispering Woods

They just don't care enough

I think my family toured Whispering Woods Memory Care several times over 2 years. We loved the lay out and it seemed that the residents were always in activities that we could see our mom liking. We admitted her in early January and she remained a patient until early March when we finally found another memory care facility. We found that we continued to like the things that sold us on the tour like the layout and the activities. It was the lack of care that the residents received was not only disappointing but down right neglectful. Not all but most of the care givers are lazy and feel threatened by frequent visitors. On several occasions the care givers were rude! The care givers spend a lot of time on their phones or talking with each other. The communication shift to shift is non existent. My mother had a man that was a care giver one day and then maintenance staff the next.
After my mother was in her new facility I sent a letter to the management as to why we left. The management never followed up on the letter.

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback, were sorry to hear that this was your experience. Whispering Woods recently underwent a change of management company and has seen wonderful improvements in many areas. To ensure the highest level of care is being provided our employees are receiving on-going training and education as well as increased oversight from the management team. We strive to hire staff that is compassionate and caring so each of our residents gets the quality of care they deserve. We would love for you to stop by and see the wonderful improvements that have been made. Again we are so sorry for your previous experience.

Very knowledgeable and helpful

Great place

We are very happy with everything at Whispering Woods.

Hello Kylie,
We are so pleased to hear you are happy with Whispering Woods, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Senior Advisor does run on a 5 star rating scale, and I think you mistakenly listed us at 1 star but based on your comment I believe you meant to put 5 stars, it’s a common mistake. Thank you so much for the feedback!

Very Happy.

As a family, we absolutely love Whispering Woods. It was so hard for us to find a place, it is not easy. My father is a current resident there, for the past 4 years. He is so very happy there and we are as well. The staff go above and beyond on a daily basis. They have a family dinner once a month with entertainment and great food...a bonus :)

Really bad...

Absolutely horrible....[removed]....staff is sloppy and lazy....no activities it seems or very little i couldnt wait to get my mom into another place...poor communication and bad management. Pretty sad when the med tech who dispenses meds couldnt tell me what my moms meds were or what they were prescribed for. When i asked her if she realized her diagnosis or knew she answered me with "i dont know whats wrong with your mom...nobody told me anything". Actually I feared for moms safety.

Hello,
Thank you for letting us know your concerns, were sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Whispering Woods has recently undergone a change of management group and we have seen many wonderful improvements. We pride ourselves in providing ongoing training to new and previous employees in order to provide the best care possible. Our managers are providing oversight to our team and they are reviewing education by our nurse. This gives our team the tools they need to provide appropriate care to each of our residents. Again we are very sorry for any inconvenience and our door is always open if you would like to stop back and see the improvements that have been made.

Nice place

We are very happy with Whispering Woods. The activities are great...and the food is delicious! The care staff are great and take very good care of mom.

Daily Problems

We are having daily problem, they don't care, bad communication.

Great place!

My loved one has been at Whispering Woods for two months now. We are very pleased with Whispering Woods. I would recommend this community to anyone. The staff is very caring and accommodating to my mom's needs. The food is delicious and the activities are a huge plus. The room size is very comfortable and they did everything to make it feel like a "home". The management team has been very helpful in making this an easy transition for my family.

Very Bad Experience

I was there in Bldg. 3 for about 3 months. Not much inter-activity with anyone help wise or residents. Had large room and large bathroom, overlooking pond that was about the only thing nice about it. But the bad things are the carpet was filthy, never cleaned thoroughly less than 5 minutes twice a week, bathroom was attempted 5 days a week to clean. Very poor at dispensing medications and ordering, never knew from one day to the next what I would be getting and when. Food was poor cold and not much variety. Dining Room was very dirty, did finally get a new refrigerator but cupboards filthy, short on dishes, glasses and silverware, dishwasher broke, kitchen sink don't hold water, oven filthy, faucets reverses, trash overflowing most of the time, floor very stick most of the time, chairs broken legs falling off, arms missing with screws sticking out. Dining staff not much help very lazy, didn't do much and didn't help residents and ate food. Didn't have enough food for residents sometimes. Dining room by TV is quite a hang out for staff to goof off lots, use to be the main lobby. Didn't follow-up on complaints when I mentioned them to try to improve the place that I gave a list. Never had supplies in dining room. Overall the place was very dirty, dilapidated , under paid staff that complained always, big turn over of help, building was not secure anybody could walk in anytime. Slow response on pull cords. Outside appearance could use help especially the filthy looking ponds, which could be beautiful if kept up and the flowers and bushes. I would never return here if I had a choice.

Hello,
Thank you for letting us know your concerns, were sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Whispering Woods was recently acquired by a new management company, there have since been numerous improvements and we are anticipating many more. We are not only focused on beautifying our community but also providing on-going training for new and current employees to ensure the best care is being provided to our residents. Our goal is to hire staff that is compassionate and caring so each of our residents gets the quality of care they deserve. We are seeing continuous improvements in all areas and we cannot wait for what 2018 holds for our facility. We would love for you to stop by and see the wonderful improvements that have been made. Again we are so sorry for your previous experience.

Whispering Woods

I let them know at Whispering Woods Retirement Village that she was a dementia person. She fell and needed her whole shoulder replaced. We have had to move her two different times. I wanted her somewhere with alarms on her wheelchair. She needed somewhere that had a hoyer lift for her to get out of her wheelchair. They put her in assisted living and now it's only been two months and they want to put her in the dementia unit. I just wish they would have realized that upfront and placed her there to begin with. I like the staff that I talk to. But any time anyone visits the staff tell them that she is wondering out of her room. Well, none of the staff contacted me until 2 days ago. Audra and Kat have been delightful and nice. For the most part everybody has said that this is a very nice facility. Also, she is in building five and I have a really really hard time getting a hold of her in that building. I've called 7 times on the weekend and could not get a hold of her. Overall this is a good facility but there are some things about it that really frustrate me.

My parents moved to an apartment in Whispering Woods two weeks ago, and it's going well. The food is very good, the staff is friendly and helpful, and their apartment is cozy and lovely. They enjoy their view of the pond and woods. My parents chose to live in a smaller community with fewer amenities and glad they chose Whispering Woods.

Love it!

Great community! We are very pleased with everything at Whispering Woods. The staff is wonderful and take great care of my loved one. It is a very cozy environment and tucked back in it's own little village. We toured many places and I am so happy I chose Whispering Woods.

Nice looking place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Whispering Woods seemed like a nice place, overall. The staff we met were friendly, and the facility seemed well kept and clean. It's worth a look if you're searching for care in the area.

We are pretty happy so far.

We are pretty happy so far. We had one concern about a staffing shortage, but they are getting a new employee, so that seems to be being addressed. The people I spoke to when I was first choosing, I clicked with them, and that's one of the reasons we chose here. I also liked that they had the Montessori memory program, and it was just a nice place.

Overall pleased

Florence is my step mom and her daughters talked with each other and decided something needs to be done and knew it wasn't going good and they decided to come together and go with Whispering Woods. When they moved Florence in, there was two maintenance guys who helped hang up her pictures and was very helpful making it feel like her community she was in previously. The food is excellent, there are side walks all the way around the community with foot steps/hand prints to remind the residents where to go. The outside could use an update but the room view is great, a pond with ducks & turkeys.

POOR! Do not make the mistake of placing a loved one here. No trained care on staff. Out of touch administrative persons. Do not follow through with the care they promise because they are not equipped to do so. Only one building is decent. The other facilities are broken down and in poor repair. Care personnel yell a lot and look slovenly. I could never find any one in charge either. This makes me choose a star rating.......I feel it deserves zero stars

choose carefully

Look closely. The marketing to potential residents is very orchestrated by only showing the montessori units. Building is dilapidated, administrators are not in touch with what actually occurs at facility and are slow to respond (if at all) to problems. Staff not equipped to give the type of care they market. Could share many horror stories but I would just sound bitter. I only hope to make you more critical when looking at this facility

Hello,
Thank you for letting us know your concerns, were sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Whispering Woods was recently acquired by a new management company and have had the opportunity to increase our on-going training for new and current employees. Our goal is to hire staff that is compassionate and caring so each of our residents gets the quality of care they deserve. We would love for you to stop by and see the wonderful improvements that have been made. Again we are so sorry for your previous experience.

Whispering Woods

She really took to the staff, and we were both impressed with the staff.

We were very pleased with Whispering Woods. She chose them because of how pleased she was with the person who introduced her to the area. She really took to the staff, and we were both impressed with the staff. We were also very impressed that they will look at alternatives and work with you if you run out of money.

Seems like a nice place!

Overall things have gone well at Whispering Woods! It's a nice looking place, everyone has been very friendly, and they've got a lot to offer the people that live here. They are worth a look if you are searching for senior living in the area!

Need to be Honest & have better Managers

I'm experiencing Bad vibes from the administrative staff. They say one thing to get your loved one there and switch up later. The lead director appears oblivious when communicating with her. This could be a much better place if they were honest and had better managers.

Not a good experience

Our experience with Whispering Woods has not been a good one. The care just does not seem to be in line with the price that they charge at all. They never left us feeling confident about the care our loved one was receiving. Our loved one has incontinence issues, and there were a few instances where it felt like if we had not pointed an accident out they would have just left it until later. They were also very difficult to get a hold of, whenever we would call in with a question we just had to keep trying until we got in touch with someone, they would never respond to messages.

Wonderful, caring staff

My mom lived here for the last 4 months of her life or so. They were wonderful to her, and wonderful to us as we kept the vigil by her deathbed. She was in the Montessori unit in building 8. They provided her with dignity right up to the end. I am forever grateful for the care they showed my mom.

Mom's new home

I was very concerned about finding a caring place for my mom as we made the transition to a retirement community.
Whispering woods has removed our fears and replaced them with the knowledge that mom has found a loving environment.
They have met mom's needs at a reasonable cost.

wonderful food

It took a good couple weeks to get everything that they promised, but now that she’s pretty much got everything, she’s happy. You have to stay on top of them to make sure they do what they say they will. The food is wonderful, but there's too much of it. I’ve never had any trouble finding parking.

daughter of resident

My mother did move in to Whispering Way about 3 weeks ago. She really likes it. We spent a month looking for the perfect "quiet" place for her that would be in her budget & this one filled all her requirements.

Mom's care

Mom was in memory care. The only bad thing was that the window came crashing into the room and it took them over a week to fix it. This was in March and there was a cold breeze in her room. Also there does not seem to be much interaction with the staff and the people living there. My mom is very conversational still and she has no one really to interact with. The health care workers were actually very nice and seemed to be concerned that my mom could move into another area so she could interact with others. We did end up moving mom to another health care facility.

Nice place, overall!

Overall I feel like they've done a good job here, although there is certainly room for improvement! The staff have been very friendly and accommodating, and they're great about staying in touch with families and keeping them up-to-date!

poor. the buildings are dirty and un ...

poor. the buildings are dirty and un kept. they spent so much money redoing all the buildings. just for investors. example they have fancy plates, siverwear,table cloths, and wine glasses that the community members are not allowed to eat on. just wasting money. all the upper mangers are worried about is money. the staff are lazy because they are under paid big time. upper management promise family members things that are never recieve. everyday they are short. with all the money we spend to have are love one here the food is poor. cheese sandwhich is not something that we would like to eat for dinner. i probally could go on for days but over all horrible place to bring your love one.

Good Sized Rooms

We looked at this place and it was a toss up between this and the place my mom is at now. I liked the rooms here. The size of the rooms was good. The staff was nice too. We chose the other community because of the cost and my mother was looking for a Christian community and this was not Christian.

Really need to work on call light response time

I think it's overall probably average to good my mom liked it right away, it has a lot of windows. Shannon asked her questions to see how much help she needed and she did it in such a nice way, it could have been uncomfortable but it wasnt. We really did know how much care she needed until she sat down with us. They get a lot of different aids there, some are better than other, some are lazier than others, it just depends. It depends a lot on the different aids you have, but they do listen when you have a problem or somethings not right. I have noticed that they do struggle with the smells in the hallways sometimes. There are a couple of people there that are really above and beyong but sometimes there isn't a whole lot of friendliness especially at dinner time. But I don't think that the people there are unhappy with being there, they like the activities that are offered during the daytime so maybe what I see versus what they see is different.

Whispering Woods

My parents came from a facility where all they did all day was have their chin resting on their chests, sleeping. When entering Whispering Woods for the very first time, my parents were met by a bubbly staff person and immediately engaged in a snack, word game, and singing. They stayed for the entire time. They are in Building #8 and can't believe the amount of space they can freely roam. They were used to being in a small space, locked setting. While this may still be a locked setting, they are not feeling being locked up. The Montessori Program here is just what my parents needed.

Did not tour but the grounds and appe...

Did not tour but the grounds and appearance of the building from the outside appeared unkempt and dirty. Too close to other apartment buildings. Did not seem like a safe area for an elderly person.

Hello,
Thank you for letting us know your concerns, were sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Our property was recently acquired by a new management group and we are currently in the process of updating our buildings. We do love having a large campus, with separate buildings, providing an intimate living environment for all of our residents. Please feel free to stop by for a tour of our facility and to check out our new updates!

Whispering Woods

Buildings are not impressive. Is very...

Buildings are not impressive. Is very reminiscent of older, narrow-hallways, hospital or nursing home. Independent living apartments are nice, lots of room, can fully cook in one. Has dining area, living area, little "den" area off to the side of the living area and 1 bedroom, 1 bath, at least what we saw. Many have windows and patio overlooking ponds with fountains. Assisted living suites are very nice, two rooms and two bathrooms. Can be set up nicely. Apartment size fridge & microwave. Gave assessment for care points. This is helpful. $8 a point here. They are unlicensed independent (of course) and are licensed adult foster care home for assisted living. Long convesation with executive director, which was impressive, before we even started tour. Other places we've met the exec dir but had no conversation.

Different concept. Underground conne...

Different concept. Underground connection of buildings. Smaller groups - looks more private but could be somewhat islolating for some as well.

Beautiful place. Loved the atmosphere...

Beautiful place. Loved the atmosphere. Loved the outdoor space and I liked all the activities they had in place. I think this is my first choice. All the clients were out on the day I visited but it was still nice.

Whispering Woods Retirement Village offers a magnificent combination of assisted living continuum of care options from Independent Living Suites and apartments to its Memory Lane remembrance village where Alzheimer’s residents can stroll through safe and secure memorial gardens, and enjoy their view of calming pond waterways, fountains, and wildlife in natural park like settings.

At Whispering Woods we have developed Wellness Program intended to enable each resident to enjoy life to the fullest.

We now are proud to have Peace Harbor added to our campus which offers Palliative and individualized therapy services. We invite you to learn more, and consider sharing your life, your dreams, your passions, and your friendship with us here, at Whispering Woods Retirement Village.