Northwood Manor - Marion, IN

Very Nice Facility. I like...

Very Nice Facility. I like that we can do a short term stay to judge if it's right for us. At this point it is #1 on our list.

Northwood Manor

My parents have been living at Northwood Manor for about six months. I live quite far away, and my observations are based on visiting the facilities during two extended periods after my parents moved in, and twice to check it out before they moved in.

The apartments are bright, airy, clean, and comfortable. The staff have been conscientious about maintenance issues such as fixing leaks, changing light bulbs, etc., and doing "extras" like hanging pictures. The staff have always been friendly and my parents commented on the fact that from the time my parents first arrived, they were greeted on a first name basis. What has pleased me in the interactions is that I have not observed the staff talking down to my parents or patronizing them. They have also gone out of their way to check on my parents and help them out in ways outside their normal duties (for example, helping clean snow and ice off the car).

My parents have primarily used the following care services: 3 meals a day, bus service 2 days a week, cleaning, and laundry. The availability of the bus service for at least a couple of days of the week has been very helpful for doctor's appointments. When the appointments have resulted in missed meals, the staff has frequently provided meals out of hours in their room.

As far as I can tell, the services have always been provided as promised. During the last six months, my parents have not complained about any service or any staff member.

I can't really comment on the activities, as my parents have not been participating much.

Amazing Managing Director and Cleaning Staff!!!!!!

It really is good. My father-in-law is now living at Northwood Manor. He loves it there. They're good to him and the transportation is good. He has a beautiful apartment. He is what I would call almost a hoarder and when I go into his place it's immaculate! The cleaning staff comes in once or twice a week. I would give them huge kudos for that!

My one complaint is the nursing director is not capable of multitasking and she can't get people's medication's right and she does not direct her nursing staff correctly. The managing director, Melissa, is amazing and the food is good too. I would sent my parents there but with an outside firm to manage their medications. I would not trust Northwood Manor's nursing director to do that.

Since opening in December 1999, Northwood Manor has become The Choice for Retirement Living in Marion. Apartments are available in a variety of floor plans, and each has its own private entrance and its own thermostat to control.

Northwood Manor is full of friendly, active residents who enjoy apartment living close to shopping, restaurants, banks, and the library. No worries about home maintenance, taxes, or bad weather, because they have what they need for an independent and secure lifestyle. Every month there are social gatherings, entertainment, card parties, and outings. Enjoy getting to know your neighbors and making new friends, or enjoy the privacy of your own home surrounded by your own things.

In addition to the many amenities that Independent Living residents receive, there are Assisted Living services available including medication reminders, stand-by bathing and dressing assistance, personal laundry service and more. There is a call button in each apartment and a portable alert pendant for each resident. A manager is on duty around the clock, so assistance is always available with just a press of a button.

For a lifestyle that is carefree and active, yet supportive and safe, Northwood Manor is “The Choice” for retirement living.