Riverwalk Commons - Noblesville, IN

Very nice facility. The staff is smiling and helpful and the place is very clean.

We arrived unexpectedly early and they were gracious in accommodating us. The environment is homey and comfortable in a laid back manner but clean and spacious in feel. The staff was very friendly and [name removed] was very kind and patient in answering questions.

Bathroom Doors are Difficult

I toured here while looking for places for my loved one. The thing that stuck out most for me was the bathroom doors here. I don't feel that they are meant for old people. The doors are pocket doors that slide in and out. You have to put your finger into a crevice in order to get it to open, and there really is no easy way to do this. For something so important, they should make it easier for residents to use.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and want to thank you for taking time to provide feedback from your recent tour. Pocket doors allow for privacy without taking up space, provide additional room for walkers and wheelchairs, and are used with safety in mind as they allow care givers to enter a room in the event a resident falls against the door. Please contact us at the community if you have additional questions, and we would be delighted to connect you with residents and family members who can share with you their experiences at our community. We wish you the best as you look at senior living options.

An older facility but beautiful setting with trees away from A very busy road. Light and airy.

Care and comfort

This is a nice community for care. We like that the staff is helpful. They need to improve in the house keeping area and some of the improvements were suppose to be taken care of. They allow you to cook on tour own. The community is clean and maintained. We like the cost and the care that is offered here for care.

Nice floor plan!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my loved one and I during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I like the open floor plan as well as some of the amenities that had for the residents. They just did not have the right apartment that dad was looking for in the end decision.

Seems more of a nursing home!!

This place was a really nice facility and had a lot of great features throughout the building, it just felt more of a nursing home in my opinion. They level of care they provided and limitations they had on there residents was way more than my father had needed.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and want to thank you for sharing your impressions of our community. We serve residents with a variety of needs from very independent seniors to those requiring more care and services -- and strive to give every resident the opportunity to be as independent as possible. One of the ways we actively involve residents is with our resident engagement program. Based on the five dimensions of wellness, Lifestyle 360 encompasses a full complement of intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual programs. Please accept my invitation for your father to participate in a few Lifestyle 360 activities. Feel free to contact me to review the calendar and pick out some that sound intriguing to you. Kind regards -- John

Very pleased!

These people here are really good with my mom. The staff could not be better. Mom has gotten involved with some of the activities. The food is good and the community is always clean. We really are pleased with everything.

So Far So Good

So far everything is working out pretty for my mother here at Riverwalk. The community looks great, they do a good job with making sure her room and the facility is well maintained. The staff is pretty good, the night isn't quite as attentive as the day staff. The day staff is great, they are helpful. There are nice activities offered. The meals are amazing, some of our family has tired the food and they love it. They are providing her with good care. This is a facility I would recommend.

Great

Great place...with outstanding staff and residents

Great

Riverwalk Commons is a great facility. Take care of my dad and make him feel like home. We wasnt to sure at first but now wouldnt have chosen another place. It is a clean environment and is kept that way.

Just Right

Most caring and warm staff. Lovely facilities. Good food!

mom is very happy

Mom was kind of depressed at first, but after getting in there she is very happy and smiles a lot. The food is very good. They do a really good job keeping me informed of how mom is doing. The staff is really awesome. Any time mom has pressed the button to need something they have been very fast to respond. It's been a really great experience.

Riverwalk Commons - Assisted Living with a Home like touch

The administrators at Riverwalk Commons were very helpful and provided any information that was requested as Mom and Dad considered the move. My parents were so impressed with the friendliness, cleanliness and warm feeling they got as soon as they entered the building, that they reserved an apartment the same day as the tour. Which was a good thing as there was only one one-bedroom apartment and one studio available at the time!

The cost of their apartment was very reasonable. My parents were moving to the Noblesville area from an assisted living facility in their hometown. They are actually paying less than they were!

We ate lunch at the facility on the day of the tour and other residents came up to us and introduced themselves and a couple residents even sat at the table to have lunch with us. We were impressed that many of the residents we met that day had lived at the facility for several years and they gave unsolicited good reports about Riverwalk Commons. This was a strong selling point for me as was the fact that many staff members had been there a length of time as well. It speaks volumes about a place with people want to stay.

The move has been a smooth transition and staff at the facility have been friendly and have offered any assistance that we might need with the move and the transition. The other residents have been extremely friendly as well. Residents have come up to my parents and introduced themselves and some residents have come to Mom and Dad's apartment to meet them.

Meals have been excellent. I have eaten lunch with them once since the move and the food and food service was just the same as it was on the day of the tour. You order from a menu a meal time and there is a good variety of foods offered. My parents do not eat chicken or turkey and my Dad is not a fan of fish. The menu has always had choices for them that they liked. The food has been well prepared and served fresh and warm. The kitchen/wait staff were friendly and joking with residents as they took food orders. The staff also knew preferences of several of the people at the table.

My parents like the fact that they do not have to get up or eat meals at a set time. Riverwalk Commons staff really tries to make assisted living as homelike as possible. My parents are able to keep their desired sleeping and eating schedules.

Riverwalk Commons also has a nice variety of activities including several outings. My parents like to eat out and Riverwalk takes a bus of residents out regularly to local residents. The last trip of which I was aware was to Wolfies. The restaurants chosen are those that would appeal to older adults.

There were also shopping trips to Walmart. My parents could go to Walmart or visit other stores in the same strip mall with Riverwalk Commons providing the transportation. They also provided bus transportation a couple Sundays a month to the local Methodist and Catholic church.

I was speaking to Dad the other evening and Rivewalk took a group to the Palladium in Carmel for a show.

I am really pleased with how the staff is striving to provide the residents with a good quality of life with lots of varied activities from which to choose. There are a lot of offered activities that my parents would like to do.

The location of Riverwalk Commons was a plus, too. It is close to shopping, pharmacies, and Riverview hospital. My parents are going to take advantage of the doctor who comes to the facility. It is easy for them and a comfort for me that they will not have to go out in bad weather for doctor appointments nor will miss doctor appointments due to bad weather.

My parents are pretty independent and are not using many of the nursing and care services available. It is good to know that these services are there if the need should arise.

I had a terrible experience.

I had a terrible experience. When we first moved there, it was very nice, and they had wonderful staff. But they had an entire staff changeover, and it was just awful.
That happened over a year ago. I just pulled my father out of there. It is a very bad place.
The cleanliness in the main area was okay, but the cleaning in the rooms was horrible. When we moved, the furniture was so dusty that you could write your name in everything, and they had an ant problem, and we had to buy our own ant traps.
The staff didn't even tell my father goodbye. We never had any confrontation with them, but they got angry when we said we were leaving. We had been there almost two years, and not one person said goodbye.
They were more expensive than the baseline of where I am now. They didn't do well at all with care and attentiveness. They did give his medications on time, but I tried to up his care package, but I came in several mornings and found that he had slept in his clothes all night, nobody had come to help him get ready for bed.
The activities director took him down to some at first, and he fell asleep, and she would tell me that he slept through it, and then not take him. They took him on a picnic, and they told me that he wasn't allowed to go on the outings anymore without a full time caregiver to go with him, because he needed help to use the bathroom. They fulfilled the base obligation, and would come in and yell that it was happy hour, but never went out of their way to include him. He would just be sleeping all day everyday.
The food was terrible, a lot of times it was unrecognizable, I stopped eating there it was so bad.
One day I went in there and he was sitting at the table and he hadn't had his lunch yet, and the gal told me he ate, and he hadn't eaten. They didn't pay attention to the residents and how they felt and what they said.
I think their ratio of resident to caregiver is way out of line I don't think they have enough staff to take care of people.
He fell one time recently and they didn't call me and tell me until the next day, they told me he just had a little bruise on his shoulder and his whole face was scraped up. I don't want people to get tricked into this. They told me over and over that they would get him in his pajamas at night.
On my fathers 100th Birthday they did absolutely nothing, other than a balloon on his door that said Happy Birthday Harold....that's not his name, and never has been, and he had been there over a year at that time. He asked me "Who the heck is Harold?"
This was just awful.

Five Star Reviews

As the Executive Director, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for the time and effort that you extended to discuss your concerns our Regional Director of Operations. Our goal is to deliver excellent service with a personal touch and caring attitude. The comfort and happiness of our residents and the peace of mind of our family members is so important to myself and our team. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and will reach out to you personally. Thank you so much for your consideration.

John Robison
Executive Director
Riverwalk Commons

I wish they had more activities.

The community is clean and the staff is friendly. I wish they had more activities. It being clean is what I can rate the highest. I really don’t have anything negative to say. I’m satisfied with the value the community offers.

Viewed the facility before....

Viewed the facility before. It was just okay. Didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from the visit.

I would not have anyone put their loved one there at all.

There were maybe two people that were friendly. The management is awful! I would not have anyone put their loved one there at all. They told me that she would have all these activities and they just didn't happen. Property went missing. I asked several times what was covered and they said there was only one thing I would have to furnish, but shortly after there was a whole list of things I needed to provide, sheets, towels, etc. They tried to get me to sign a lease saying that I would pay a whole year if we had to moved. They were not truthful, and basically called me a liar! It was literally awful. They just plain did not watch her. They charged 600 dollars to evaluate her, I didn't hear about this until I had already signed the papers.

Five Star Reviews

Our team at Riverwalk Commons is committed to providing exceptional care and services to all of our residents. Our Registered Nurse completes an assessment on every prospective resident to determine healthcare needs; this assessment is done at no cost to the resident or family. Our lease agreement is a month to month arrangement which one can terminate at any time with a 30-day notice. Our Executive Director and his team of dedicated professionals exemplify our Five Star Values and our commitment to high quality services. I would be happy to discuss any of the concerns you may have experienced in detail.
John Robison
Executive Director
Riverwalk Commons

Love that there's no smell and their moving company is great

I don't interact with the staff a whole lot but the ones I have been are a five. The thing I like about Riverwalk is the smell, because some of them (more of the nursing homes), you walk in and you smell urine and this doesn't smell like anything; so that was a big plus for me. I like that she has her own room and I like all the activities that she can do, she's made a lot of friends.
I know she kind of fusses about her showers, she gets 3 a week and she wants to take more but I'm in agreement with them, she doesn't need to shower everyday.
When we first looked at Riverwalk Commons and my mother got evaluated, the nurse said she was at the bottom level of care and 3 weeks later she was at the top, so they're going ot re evaluate her because the nurse said when they're in a better environment they usually perk up. Also, when she moved in, Riverwalk Commons was having a move-in incentive, I think it was free or at a reduced price, they have a moving company they partner with and they were just awesome.

The independent cottages ar...

The independent cottages are very nice and the assisted living bldg.was bright and didnt feel like a 'nursing home'. Annie was very informative.

Change in ownership and staff

We moved mom because they didn't have room for her and she needed to be in a memory care unit. They changed ownership there in the last 6 to 9 months and I really noticed a decline. When your main people in charge leave a community something's not clicking right, I noticed it wasn't as clean, the staff was pretty good but their food wasn't that great. She kept trying to get out of riverwalk and they're right by the state road so they really felt responsible. It was acceptable but when they changed ownership and the main staff people in all the departments were gradually leaving I just don't think things ran as well. Before the management would check up and see how things were going, I never even met the new people and they didn't keep up with the cleaning.

Very Pleased

We looked at other communities and we chose Riverwalk because it seemed to be the best fit for the situation we were in. The staff is really friendly and they have plenty of activities, even though it is hard to entertain the residents. We have no complaints and am very pleased with Riverwalk. We would recommend it to anyone.

This is my favorite that is in my pri...

This is my favorite that is in my price range. Again the rooms were a bit small for the one bedroom apartments but they do have some deluxe models. It is close to me. I do want to see this again with my husband. I wish the bathroom was off the bedroom.

Riverwalk Commons' Garden Homes have been created for the independent resident who wants the freedom to come and go as they please, but desires the amenities that accompany living in a specially designed community.

In our Garden Homes, you'll find maintenance-free living with a variety of floor plan options that may include one or two bedrooms featuring attached garages, sunrooms, dens, laundry rooms and full kitchens. With no large entry fee, endowment or long-term commitment, you can live the independent lifestyle you’ve always wanted.

Everyone loves freedom and choices...and we kept that in mind when designing our Senior Apartments. Our communities offer Assisted Living services that are tailored to meet the needs of each individual, allowing them to live life to the fullest.