Robbinswood - Northcrest Campus - North Muskegon, MI

Robbinswood - Northcrest Campus - North Muskegon, MI has yet not published prices.

Kind Staff!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and she has had a little bit of a hard time adjusting but for the most part things are going okay.The meals smell good and she has had no complaints about them so far so I am happy with that. They did not have an activity director for a period time which concerned me because that is one of the main reasons I moved her in this place. I am hoping they get the ball rolling on getting everyone involved in activities again. My only complaint that I have is that they need to update all of the bathrooms.

Smelled like a nursing home as we walked in Morgan kept apologizing for the mess as they apparently are trying to upgrade the facility. I let Morgan know that my brother would need a wheelchair as he has broken his foot. She gave me one with no pedals. I had to ask for a different chair. They didn't let us see the rooms [removed] offered to feed us lunch that was nice. However, the facility was very old, unkempt, and didn't appeal to Rich.

Better..................

New owners, new philosophy of care, better educated and empowered employees = better service and caring for the resident guests. Change is always difficult and it appears as the staff is weathering the new owners well and embracing the improvements which will benefit the residents. The place looks cleaner, am told food is better and happier faces on staff who treat the residents as family. Hopefully this will continue, and it will be a wonderful reasonably priced place for the elderly. God bless those involved!!

Run, don't walk away from this place!

My Mom's first 5 years here were OK, there is not a lot of social space and the food is not fresh and not seasoned well (mostly canned or frozen). A year ago they brought in a new director and she is very cold to the residents--this is a business only for her and she has lied to us several times about expectations. They have semi-private rooms but they do not work well for wheelchair residents, when two wheelchair users are in the same room they cannot access the room or closets. The company states they don't have to keep anything ADA accessible. The bathrooms (all shared)are very small, do not meet ADA requirements (27" door width). There is very little social space here. The new director fired the previous recreation director and now their activities are primarily coloring pages (degrading and cheap). I am moving my Mom out of there as soon as possible.