Sanctuary at the Oaks Muskegon - Muskegon, MI

We toured this community

We went on a tour here and it was nice and clean. It was for my father-in-law. [Removed] is good at her job. We were impressed with her and she answered all of my questions. It was just to far for his wife to come visit him.

Delightful visit. Great rooms (but no decks) with big windows. Offers two bedrooms (I could stay in when [removed] Nice surroundings. Main dining room open 11:30-5:30 for restaurant style eating (1 meal included). This would be Independent living with services added - nice reasonably lively atmosphere. Help pulls in apartments and emergency pendants included.

Father is Doing Well In This Community

Everything is working out well with my fathers move to this community. I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us. He is safe, and in good hands. He is doing well, and this is a community I would recommend my friends.

Friendly Staff!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and I have to say things are going okay for her so far. The staff are amazing people and I could have not picked a better group of people to care for her. They are always compassionate and caring in there work and I am thankful for that. My mom is not very impressed with the meals and has said they are not what she thought they would be. I also think they need new carpet throughout the facility. It is awful looking and needs to be changed as soon as possible.

This is relatively new facility. The apartments that I VISITED were roomy enough (1BR & 2Br) for me. The dining facility was clean and appealing. The meals offered there look enticing. The facility looks inviting and I am seriously considering renting.

A Place for Dad

This place has been very good for my 86 year old father. He has Parkinson's Disease and needs help with personal care. He enjoys the chance to meet others. All employees have been so caring ! In his words, "It was the right thing for me, moving here."

Very happy there

Things are going well actually. She is very happy there. So far, we do not have any complaints or problems with the facility or the staff there at Sanctuary at the Oaks. We are having a pleasant experience so far.

Helpful staff

Things are going pretty well at Sanctuary at the Oaks. They seem to be doing okay. The facility is fine and the staff is very helpful. So, far we have not had any problems or complaints with the staff or facility.

very happy

We have been very happy with everything at Sanctuary at the Oaks. However we did set up times for them to check on meds and they have gotten that wrong. She has some pain patches that go on in the morning and eye drops that she needs and they have forgotten sometimes. The regular employees that have been there a while seem to do just fine. It's the other employees that seem to forget. The food is wonderful. The facility is clean. The administrators have worked with us and been helpful. It is a very nice place and she is very happy. She was at Chestnut Fields before and this is way better than that.

It's like a family

We're very happy here. They come in and clean his apartment for him, he has no problems. the dining room is clean and orderly, the public bathrooms, the ones we've used are always very clean and its nicely decorated. They're very friendoly and greet us every time we walk in the door and if we see someone in the hallways they always say hi and they tell us how much they love my dad. They're like family. Everything is above what we expected, we had known one other person who was living there before we took our dad there and he recommended it highly to us as well as his family. Everybody that ive talked to has been very happy with it. When my dad first moved there he didn't really get involved but once he lived there for a month or so everyone was very friendly and invited him to activities and he's really enjoying it.

Excellent Community

Sanctuary at the Oaks is a very good community. It is very well run by the staff and is very well maintained. It is a very impressive community that has a lot to offer to all of its residents. It was really difficult to decide between this community and another one. Overall this is an excellent community and would recommend it to anyone.

Great Community

This is a great community that offers a wide variety of activities to the residents. The community is really clean and the staff is very professional. We got a chance to speak with residents while we visited and they seemed happy and well taken care of. The staff is really attentive to the residents and really seems to care about them. Would have chose this community but the other community was just in a more convenient location for us. We would highly recommend this community to anyone.

Looks very nice--and is in Muskegon. ...

Looks very nice--and is in Muskegon. levels of care. Dad could have own apartment.

Residents in the Independent Living portion of our community have a choice of studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans. Kitchens are fully equipped and utilities are covered (cable and Internet service).

Monthly rates include restaurant style dining, weekly housekeeping services, social and recreational activities, scheduled transportation and 24 hour emergency response.

The primary emphasis of our Assisted Living program is to continually identify the needs of our residents so we can respond to each individual's unique circumstances. Prevention and intervention are the keys to maximizing independence.

Whether it's a little help with residents' day-to-day routines, activities, or facilitating a physician visit, or bringing a home health professional to a resident's apartment for follow-up therapy after a hospital stay, our Assisted Living program focuses on the ever changing needs of seniors.

Amenities and Services