North Texas Personal Care Home - Plano, TX

Very nice, clean home. The attendant, Isabel, was very helpful. This was the first property visited as I am at the start of my search. Not many activities scheduled. At 3:30 pm only one lady was in the living area watching tv. Everyone else was in their rooms. So quiet! Surprised that the only time food was prepared was in the mornings. Lunch and dinner are brought in. Maybe this is usual? Lovely backyard and nice sized patio. I hope things are a little more lively in the evenings but [name removed] did say that after dinner everyone pretty much goes to their rooms to stay. I like that there are usually two attendants on hand. The main one was on a pharmacy run so only met the one.

My thoughts!

During my tour this looked like a clean care home. I did not feel it would be social enough for my mom. This community just did not feel like a good fit. The staff I met were nice. I would recommend speaking with the residents and their families to get a good feel for a place.

Friedly and Cooperative Managment and Staff

My father stayed here. The staff was very friendly. They worked with my Dad and our family on several items. For example, instead of going to the kitchen for meals, he took his meals in his room. So timing became an issue; as you might expect everyone expected meals around the same time. They worked with him on the timing so the other guests could eat timely and him too. The food was good. Activities could be improved.

Very good environment at North Texas Personal Care

My Mom has only been at North Texas Personal Care about 4 weeks but I am very pleased with the staff & their operation. I visited her previous facility unexpectedly and found her in a very unpleasant situation. I am very glad that I moved her to NTPC.

Family Environment

I like them becasue they seem to make it a family type environment. My mother likes it there.

Professional, positive, caring attitu...

Professional, positive, caring attitude, clean house. A couple of the girls have been there for [removed] 1 CNA/MA (meds aide)& 1 other CNA, diff. weekend crew. Bryan & wife there 4-6 X wk depending on their needs, no nurse present except when hospice is in or visiting nurse comes. No comm. fee Sm. type B certified, 30 day renewable contract, $1000.00 dep. fully refundable minus damages upon leaving.$3400 to $3800 unless choosing one of the largest rms-$4000.00, set price doesnt go up. Baylor Instit. of Rehab 4 yrs, Priv. Duty Care 5 yrs. Phy. therapist for Tom Landry Sports Med BAylor, running this house 11 yrs. has church service every Tues morn, christian family ,has five kids, referred me to Chase Oaks Bible Church.

Location was perfect, caretakers were...

Location was perfect, caretakers were wonderful, but room available was too small for our needs.

North Texas Personal Care Homes is a Faith Based Assisted Living established in 2001. Our mission is to provide peaceful and comfortable Assisted Living Homes where our loved ones can receive the care, dignity, and respect they need and deserve.

North Texas Personal Care Homes Assisted Living is a refreshing long term care alternative for seniors who require a higher degree of assistance and personal attention. North Texas Personal Care Homes understands your concerns, and with a professionally trained, compassionate staff, meticulous attention is given to every facet of life. Individual care plans are personalized to emphasize quality of care, as well as quality of life.