Avalon Memory Care - Plano - Plano, TX

Grandma good care

I like that this community is very caring and they are attentive to the residents. I am happy knowing that she is in a clean enviroment. The meals are appealing and a nice variety is offered. They offer activiies for her to participate. We would recommend the care and the value of thie community to other families.

Jon Seib

Appreciate the five star review and more importantly for allowing us the opportunity to care for your grandmother at our Plano location. This was actually our very first location when my father started Avalon back in 1995. It is very special to us. Take Care.

Mother's Care

I was happy with the care that my mother received here. The food was appealing and very good.The staff was very nice and always attentive to her needs. They d offer activities to residents who want to participate. We would recommend this beautiful community for the value and the care that is received by the families.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to care for your mother. This location was actually the first of over 30 locations now throughout Texas and into Missouri that my father started with back in 1995. Of course there has been an extensive renovation since then at our Plano location but what remains constant are the multi-year staff members that truly are at the heart of Avalon. I wish you and your family the very best.

Excellent memory care residential home

Our mother lived in the home 4 weeks before she recently passed away. She was also under Harris Hospice care! Her large bedroom had 3 windows and a walkin closet. She shared a large bathroom but this was never a problem. The staff showed compassion and love to all of the residents and their families. The residents were visited almost daily by loved ones!
Our mother never experienced bed sores or was left in soiled clothing! She was bathed and had her pjs changed EVERY day! The staff sanitized the entire house daily! This is an excellent location.

Jon Seib

Thank you Alicia for leaving this review. Utilizing hospice at our locations we can care for this population without one having to worry that there will have to be another move at some point. Our staff is just so caring and amazing. Thank you for pointing this out. I wish you and your family the very best in the next chapter of your lives.

I had a nice tour!!

This care home just did not feel like a good fit for my mom. During my tour this looked like a clean care home. I would recommend speaking with the residents and their families to get a good feel for a place. The staff I met were nice and knowledgable.

Jon Seib

It sounds like maybe at this home the residents might have been lower functioning than your loved one. I like to hear the accolades regarding the cleanliness of our Sparrows Point location as well as the accolades that relate to our staff. Linda, our manager, has been with us for around 17 years and Shawn, her assistant, around 12 years. I wish we had another location in Plano to show you that might have been a better fit for your mom. We do have a location 6 miles away in Dallas and a location in the Willow Bend area that is 7 miles away from the Plano zip code. We wish you the best.

Toured it and liked it

This was one of the places I toured when I was looking into care options, and it seemed nice. I really liked the staff, everyone was very friendly. I wasn't quite as fond of the facility itself, it wasn't as nice as some others that we saw.

Jon Seib

We appreciate you touring our first location that opened up in 1995. Our staff there is truly amazing. The compassion felt through our long term staff members is evident from the moment you meet them. Take care.

We invite you to take a look inside of this Avalon Residential Care Home. This beautiful, sprawling, single-story home could be mistaken for just about any other luxury property well situated in one of Plano's more affluent neighborhoods. Nothing distinguishes it from other fine homes except all of its residents are suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. This home, like all Avalon homes, provides its residents with the best care money can buy.

When you look at the quality and spirit of the home, it's easy to understand they are getting just that. Inside you will see a rock-lined fireplace that adds a warm atmosphere to the spacious living room. Wood paneling adorns the walls and ceramic tile walkways lead throughout the bright, warm interior. Ceilings have been double insulated to reduce noise, and the lighting is indirect, both of which add to the calm, serene atmosphere.

The backyard is surrounded by a six foot cedar fence, and the grounds are beautifully landscaped with a gazebo and trellis works that extends across the entire rear of the property. The garden area is ablaze with colorful flowers and hanging plants abound.