Nora's Home Care - Fair Oaks, CA

I was worried Nora would kill my mother!!!

I had high hopes for Nora's Care Home, for my mother, but [name removed] changed my pricing within 3 weeks, gave my mom 2 to 3 sleeping pills a day plus anxiety meds, and tried to get me to go to her "rehab" classes with her. Included in her agreed services were to take my mom to the doctor in her Lexus and pick up prescriptions.

Instead, my poor mom was placed in an automatically lifting recliner with nobody watching her, and they tucked the remote in the cushion (one would think they'd consider UNPLUGGING it...) and my mom found the remote, thought it was for the television, and she was flung out, breaking her hip and arm, and causing 3 metal posts to be placed in her hip. The surgery was over before they EVEN called me.

The next week, she moved a prescription further away, called me and told me to get it about 20 minutes before they closed, then Friday dumped my mother in the emergency room. I was not told this either. The hospital called me about 3:30 and asked me WHY my mom was there, and I called and got the rx moved so I could pick it up. It was not a pain med nor her Alzheimer's med, but a cholesterol med. [removed]

[removed]

Nora's Care Home is a great place for your loved one.

We placed my mother in law in Nora's Care home about 3 years ago. She was near death when we brought her there as the last care home just placed her in front of the TV all day and did not watch her diet. She is now doing great. Her weight is in check, her blood sugar levels are now good, she is happy, and much healthier. They have good home cooked meals, great love and care. They have tons of group games and activities. If you truly love your family member, and would like them to flourish and live longer, then this is a good care home to place them. It always smells nice and is always clean, unlike many of the other places that we had checked out. My mother in law is now 94 and will be here until the end.

Nice people, too crowded an...

Nice people, too crowded and very small bedrooms. Also was not communicative about certain issues.

I really liked this one. It felt org...

I really liked this one. It felt organized and caring. The variety of residents was good and they all were active. However, I did not choose it because it did not provide the privacy and appearance of independence that my mother craves, Nor would it solve the companion issue.

Nora’s Home Care is a state licensed Residential Facility specializing in caring for the elderly. Each one of our residents receives specialized care, personalized to his or her needs.
Our staff is qualified and experienced in the caring for the elderly and certified in First Aid.

We provide 24hr care and supervision which affords residents the dignity and compassion they deserve. We also provide personal assistance with the activities of daily living including bathing, dressing and grooming.
We accept male and female residents, ambulatory and non-ambulatory , continent and incontinent, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, oxygen, catheters, colostomy and diabetics.

We provide the compassionate care that you want for your loved one.