New England Club - Cincinnati, OH

Not real good for a handicapped person. No assigned parking..not many handicapped spots..long walk from parking lot to front door. Actually a long walk to get anywhere in the place!

Unsatisfied

My Mother lived at the New England Club for less than 3 months. We moved her to another facility because we were not satisfied with the care she received from Superior Home Health Care. Superior Home Health Care is in parternership with the New England Club to provide 24/7 or 16/7 care. My family was promised that they would be able to take care of her in the apartment that was rented from New England Club. After several attempts and a meetings with the Superior Owner we decided to move our Mother before something happened to her. We also met with the General Manager of New England Club and we're very disappointed with follow through on his part for resolving issues related to the experience our Mother had while living here.

Holiday Marketing

Hi Deborah, we are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at New England Club. Superior Home Health Care is a third party company that our community recommends as a resource for additional health care services. We do not employee or manage Superior Home Health Care, and any issues you may have with their services should be directed to the owner of the company. Our residents are also able to choose their own home health care services.

Your review has been forwarded to the general manager LaBaron, who did meet with you to discuss the issues you were having. Despite our 30 day contractual move out notice, we did as a gesture of good will offer your family a credit for the last month's rent. If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to us at [removed] to speak to our manager directly.

Ready to leave

My Aunt's move here has been very unsettling for her and as they did not address any of the issues such as cleaning her apt and repainting before she moved in. My Aunt has talked with the management and they are slowly taking care of some of her concerns but at this point, she is making plans to move. The food is terrible and she has no desire to be part of the activities. The staff, on the other hand, have been very helpful and friendly. My Aunt is just very disappointed with everything that has taken place here.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to thank you very much for reaching out to share these comments and reflections with us. We want to make New England Club the best possible place to work for our employees, and can not do that with your open and honest feedback. While we are very happy to hear our staff has been very helpful and friendly, I'd like you to know I am taking your other comments regarding food and maintenance and sharing them with the appropriate parties. Of course, if you have additional feedback, we would really like to hear from you. Thank you so much once again for reaching out and sharing this with us. We hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. --Katie

We found a great place at New England Club

My mother has been at the New England for two months. The staff was wonderful getting her apartment ready for move in and helping make the transition to the facility a breeze. They are extremely attentive to any needs. My mother loves the food and the company. She participates in the activities and always talks about how much fun she is having with the othe residents. This has been a very positive experience for our family.

My father enjoys staying here

I didn't think this was so good for the memory impaired. There is no way to safely contain the newly placed person with a memory issue. But the place is quite large and very lively, with a LOT of sunlight. I would move there myself!

Super Community

My father is doing wonderful here at this community. Everyone has been super great, and very helpful. It is a great place, and I'am please with all they have done for us. The community is well maintained, and clean. Everything has worked out very well, and I would recommend this community.

Hotel Hell

This place is hotel hell. It is older than its residents. Wood siding is falling off outside. My mother was treated horribly. I was told when I wrote a $7000.00 check she would be looked after by the "managers". She was not. The manager do nothing. My mother on many occasions walked around the dinning room asking to sit at a table and was denied by the [Removed] that lives there. I was lies to by the sales person and it is a rip off from day one.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you, Topher, for leaving this detailed feedback about your mother's experiences. Your opinion plays an integral part in our service, and feedback such as yours is critical to that effort. While we're sorry to hear this was your experience, we do appreciate you reaching out, sharing that with us and letting us know. I've passed your comments on to our Resident Relations team, who can be reached at [removed], and who would love to hear from you so that we may learn more and work on providing follow up to your concerns. Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us, we hope to hear from you soon. Thank you kindly!

So far everything seems to be lovely.

So far everything seems to be lovely. It's well kept and the people are friendly. The food is lovely and everyone seems very attentive. It's a nice a place.

Great Place!!

My Father is happy as a clam at New England Club, the staff are wonderful and are giving him a welcome party where he can invite 15 people to attend. I had the opportunity to stay in a guest room when he first moved in and it was wonderful to be able to stay there and have meals with him which were amazing. The staff is great at keeping the family updated with my Father's care and I know we have chosen the best place for him. I also wanted to thank A Place for Mom for all the help and information I received during this process.

Review of New England Club - Cincinnati, OH

The best thing I discovered is that my dad has many friends here and his church does a service here every other Sunday. Plus they have an opening!

cant complain

New England Club has been very good. I really cant complain about anything. The facility is clean and the staff there is friendly. She has only been there a couple of months but so far so good.

Great Location

The food is excellent, I was really impressed with the quality of the food, they have a great chef there. I am not sure about how many activities she's gotten involved in. she hasn't really talked about going on field trips. The apartment complex is pretty and it's a great location. She has enjoyed it and is making friends.

Friendly People

The staff is very good and very friendly and some of the people there are very friendly too. I like the lounge area because it is a good space for people to talk. The food is fair. They could do better with the food and with activities.

I am bias. I have family there and they are happy with the New England Club.

It is a very pleasant place

Nice place, skilled nursing program needs work.

It was very clean, and organized, and the staff was very friendly. The food was good. They have a partnership with a skilled nursing program there, and I have had challenges with them. The time it takes for the staff to attend the needs of the seniors, and specifically my mother was lacking. I think that they might be understaffed for the number of residents that are in that care program.

great place

we are very happy with the services at the new England club. The dining room is just lovely and their food is freshly made and wonderful. It's a warm and inviting atmosphere. the staff is professional and caring. location is convenient and the place is well kept and clean. we are very happy with their services.

Metro bus access still to b...

Metro bus access still to be figured out. Nice room size, facility a little dated but still pleasant. Food options more limited than other facilities. Good range of activities.

Nice place, but could use more variety in their activities

There are a few things they do extremely well at the New England Club, and a few areas that I would really like to see them improve. In terms of their staff they are absolutely top notch! The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. They were on a first name basis with my Mom after meeting her the first time, and she is still tickled every time they remember that she prefers decaf coffee.
One area that I'd really like to see them work on, however, are their activities. They have things going on frequently, but it is generally only the same few activities which my Mom has no interest in. When we were moving her in they said they would set up a bridge group, and so far that has happened only once.

The people at New England Club have d...

The people at New England Club have done everything possible to make the transition for my mom very easy.

Nothing But Good Things To Say!

Even though it's pricey, they have been a Godsend! My loved one is having a ball here! She is such a social butterfly, and really enjoys having people around! Also, she's safe here! It really has been wonderful! We haven't met any staff members who aren't as nice as possible. Also, the other residents are supportive and helpful with the transition. They all seem happy and healthy because they have such great care and support here! They are able to talk to each other in such a social atmosphere. We really haven't met any mean or nasty residents here. Also, Jim Belcher is wonderful to work with. I would suggest him to anybody! He has not been pushy at all, and it's been a great experience!

Very nice place!

The food here is superb! It's delicious, and there's always plenty of it. The food service itself can be a bit slow, so if they could find some way to speed the process up a bit it would be perfect!
I'd give them top marks across the board for everything else. It's a very nice looking place, and everyone is very friendly. I suppose they could improve on the activities a bit, but even those are still very good.

It's a great place.

It's a great place. If a family is looking into them as an option, they are worth the view! They are clean and friendly and it is working out wonderful!

Great retirement location

We were very pleased when we moved my husband's mother into the New England. She started in a one bedroom with a large walk in closet and bathroom out of her bedroom. She moved to a studio later when se wasn't as mobile and had just as nice a place as the one bedroom.
The staff was great with helping us and her with everything. ,!! Couldn't have found a nicer place!!!!

they bent over backwards to be helpfu...

they bent over backwards to be helpful. The staff is really caring and have been wonderful

It's not what I expected.

It’s not what I expected, they do offer a lot of activities to help keep mom busy and occupied. The food is good and the grounds have plenty of chairs and shade for the people to enjoy. They don’t really offer any care services. They promised to help get mom on some extra benefits, only to find out that she isn’t even eligible for them. The facility and the people are great but the assistance aspect of them actually helping with the benefits is lacking.

love it but above my means ...

love it but above my means at the moment. Place has 2b assisted living they r ala-cart

We toured New England Club, thought a...

We toured New England Club, thought about our options and decided to go ahead and sign, room already picked out and getting people to move tomorrow.

a la cart for service for 24 hour care.

a la cart for service for 24 hour care.

Really liked the place but it is an i...

Really liked the place but it is an independant living place and we need assisted living.

Nestled on beautiful grounds in a quiet suburb of Cincinnati, you’ll love the serenity of our facilities while enjoying all of the convenience of the nearby city. We’re just minutes from shopping, dining, healthcare and many wonderful local attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind
Our easy-to-maneuver floor plans are ideal for seniors and all apartments have emergency pull cords. Single-bedroom, two-bedroom and studio apartment arrangements are all available options for incoming residents. The New England Club's on-site amenities include a complete billiards lounge, a grand atrium, a fully stocked entertainment center, open fishing ponds, a community greenhouse, group yoga classes and resident-organized interest groups. Our 24/7 dedicated live-in managers provide an additional level of comfort. We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday Retirement does not provide any health care services. Residents are welcome to use outside home health care options that may enable them to continue enjoying life at our community.