Brookdale Centre of New England - Coventry, RI

Everything here was very nice. The one bedroom style apartments are just the right size. The halls are very long and cavernous. It did not have a very ‘homey’ feel. I did not see many residents out and about. I love the location.

[Removed] gave us the tour and We were impressed by the facility. She was very helpful and knew the seniors living there by name. We spoke with some of the residents who are very happy there. We will be setting up a lunch time visit with my mother-in-law so she can see the place.

My Tour was Fine

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. The tour went well. The community from what I saw appeared to be nice, and everything was well maintained. The staff I met was kind, and friendly. The experience was a nice one overall.

Attentive Staff!!

The staff at this community have been so good to my mother since she has made the move. They have welcomed her with open arms and have provided her with excellent care. She has been loving the dinning room experience as well as the nutritious meals she has been receiving. She is starting to get acclimated into the programs and is looking forward to participating in the activities. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Beautiful Community, My Mother is well Here

I'am very pleased with my mother's move to this community. It is a beautiful community. They do a very good job with keeping the everything neat, and tidy. The staff is wonderful. They are always willing to help. I have a copy of all the activities they have through out the month. She is very pleased with the meals. The residents really love the chef. They really accommodated us when we really needed it. I would recommend this community, it has worked out great for us.

Honest About The Care

I liked the visit to this community. It is a very nice looking place. The interaction with everyone was pleasant. The community was clean and it appeared to be an active place. My husband was given an assessment at the hospital and they told us based on the level of care, they would not be a good fit. I appreciated their honesty.

Doing Great

My husband is doing well. The staff accommodate my husband and they have been making him feel comfortable. The meals are very good, I have shared a meal and I thought it was good too. All the staff are wonderful and I would recommend them.

The staff do a good job of keeping this community clean!!!

My uncle loves the staff at Brookdale. I would say the food is a 4. There was an issue with the doctor through the community. He went on vacation and did not let the community know. He also feels there should be other transportation options available, than just a bus on Tuesdays.

Very pleased with our selection

The Centre of New England facility is a warm, caring and clean environment. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My father says the food is "wonderful," and our family agrees. We are pleased with our selection of Brookdale.

Very Happy

My mother, who has been at Brookdale for a month now has adapted to it very well. Her apartment is very nice and she speaks highly of the staff. The only complaint I have is that on the day she moved in, it seemed unorganized. There was no one there to greet her and help her settle in. It was a disappointing first day for us as her family. We were not sure what she was suppose to do or how to get things done. She enjoys the meals and is eating much better now than when she was at home. She seems very happy there now which is what counts.

Could Use Some Improvements

They can improve on getting immediate invoices to individuals. I have yet to receive one from them and have already given them three checks. Their response time is very weak as well. They are very friendly though, which is one of the reasons we picked them.

Good, but communication needs to be improved

There are many things that we like about NE Bay Retirement in Coventry, RI. The atmosphere is welcoming, pleasant décor, clean and the staff is very friendly, patient and accommodating. We do wish that there would be more communication regarding my father's participation in activities, physical, occupational and speech therapy, who are his therapists and when do they see him. We would also like to know more accurately about his medication. One person tells us one thing and then another person either doesn't know or tells us something else. We visit him daily so it would be easy to schedule a time with family members to meet to discuss these things. I have asked on several occasions re: therapy and I have been told that the therapists will be in touch with me, however, I have not heard from them yet and Dad has been there for a month now.

They do not show concern for declining residents. Complete lack of stimulation and socialization. The activities are inappropriate, and very seldom are they implemented. The staff does not appear to have the skills and/or knowledge to work with and benefit residents suffering from alzheimers.

It was nice, but large and overwhelming.

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Although the community itself looked nice enough to was much larger than what we were looking for. It would have been overwhelming for our loved one, and I do not think she would have done well here.

There were a lot of hospital trips.

There were a lot of hospital trips. He was there three weeks and he went to the hospital every weekend and once it was twice in a forty-eight hour period. Some of the people were really good, but I don't know about the others. It was always on the weekends that something would happen.

Spend your day at New England Bay!

Rich and Sandy were very welcoming...building under 5 years old..beautifully appointed, gorgeous courtyard with rocking chairs, outdoor fireplace, hotel style dining room, lots of great activities, resident dog "Molly" four legged greeter, beautiful large rooms, huge bathrooms, all oversized/handicapped accessible. Great value for the price.

I am very happy with the care at New ...

I am very happy with the care at New England Bay so far

100% Pleased!

We are 100% pleased. It's excellent and it's met all of my father's needs. We are very happy with it.

Not so good

My mother was in this facility in assisted living. The facility is newer and the amenities are very nice. There are some really caring people on staff, although many have left. My mother was given someone else's medication and ended up in the hospital for two weeks. They have not openly admitted to the mistake and we did not sue. Mom is in a different facility now.

“Our nursing staff has more than fifty years of experience in caring for seniors and gives the extra attention our residents deserve.” New England Bay Retirement Living is strategically situated along Interstate Route 95 in the easily accessible new shopping area of the Centre of New England Boulevard. The community is conveniently located close to the area’s best shopping and dining options.

Our brand new community features a fully equipped fitness center, theater with popcorn machine, beauty salon, a country store, library and courtyards with covered patios. Our spacious apartment homes offer kitchenettes, full-size refrigerators, walk-in showers and individually controlled a/c units. With elegant restaurant-style dining, we offer a fine dining experience with three gourmet chef-prepared meals every day.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services for residents. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular activities include “Daily Bay Walkers,” weekly manicures, dancercise with Theresa, and Thursday social hour.

From our modern amenities and advanced services to small gestures and little courtesies that speak volumes, New England Bay stands apart --- the next generation in assisted living and memory care. Help with everyday tasks can make a big difference in the quality of your life. It’s comforting to know that you can continue to live life to the fullest at New England Bay – with a full spectrum of supportive, wellness and memory care services.

Our innovative Memory Care neighborhood is designed to create pleasant days in what can seem like a confusing world. We offer your loved one a calm and predictable lifestyle by focusing on each resident as the center of the care process --- honoring their unique life experiences and personality through individually tailored programs.