Natural Life Assisted Living - Woodland Hills, CA

Thoughtful and patient caregiving.

My parents are residents there and they are being well cared for. [Removed] the proprietor is very attentive to the residents' needs by patient observation and does everything she can to do what's best for them. When she felt that all of the medication mom was taking were not working as intended she asked us to request the doctor to cancel the meds. This led to moms recovering her coherence to before she began taking them..with no ill effect.

[Removed] great asset is the patience she has with the residents to uphold each one's dignity the best she can. She does not ignore or dismiss their silence as an answer but always follows long silences with, "well, let me know how you've decided."

The caregivers she has hired have also helped my parents live as comfortably as they can, learning patience from [Removed] example.

I have taken week long vacations from work to be with my parents, and through every moment I've spent with my parents I have observed the same attention and care as always from [Removed] - never fake just during my stay there, but always genuine.

Natural Life deserves six stars out of five as far as I'm concerned.

Things Are Going Well

Everything is going very well for my mother in law at this community. She seems to have adjusted well and we are pleased. The community looks great and very clean. The staff has been pleasant and friendly. She isn't involved in many activities, but they do offer nice activities for the residents when they are ready to participate. This is a good community and they are caring for my mother in law very well.

Natural Life is in a lovely, safe neighborhood of Woodland Hills, and the home itself is very attractive. Shannon [removed] is the charming owner who cared for her own parents in this home when they were suffering from cancer, and has made many safety modifications to the home to care for residents who need assisted living. She is also a gourmet chef, and the residents will be treated to healthy, delicious meals that are carefully chosen with both taste and health in mind. She is flexible and open to the residents for their individual needs and choices. I would not hesitate to recommend this assisted living home for my parents.