Adat Shalom VI - West Hills, CA

great for cognative impariment

[Removed] has been so concerned with my Father's care. She is always available when I call or email with a concern.

The staff (especially [Removed] and [Removed]) are friendly, and helpful.

The cost is competitive.

My Dad was there for about 2 months. ...

My Dad was there for about 2 months. The service was amazing. There is someone there 24/7 to help him whenever he needed it. It is very clean. Rates are reasonable. Staff is really easy to work with.

Downsides: My Dad was wheelchair bound, but suffered no dementia. There were only 5 others in the house and none were verbal (dementia, MS), so there was very limited social interaction except with the staff. My Dad didn't care for the food. They typically prepare all the dinners for one week on one day and you often get the same thing day after day--no options.

Adat Shalom is facility dedicated to helping the elderly who are fragile and in need of supervision and guidance or help with their everyday activities.
Our everyday care includes but is not limited to: 3 well balanced meals a day with snacks (special dietary needs accommodated), assistance with personal hygiene, one on one support through depression, confusion, pain or discomfort, assistance with self- administration of prescribed medication. We have an open door policy so that families and friends can visit when convenient for them. We also offer a variety of activities including but not limited to: arts and crafts, exercise, walks, games, dancing conversation and occasional outings to restaurants and parks. Housekeeping, laundry service and transportation to doctors appointments are included in our services.
Our facilities are available for people with:Alzheimer'sParkinson'sAlert senile wanderersMild strokesAmbulatory/Non-ambulatory conditionsConfusion and depressionCanes, walkers, wheelchairsShort term guests also welcome
Our facilities are equipped with:Central heating and air conditioningRampsOutdoor patios and sitting areasSecurity alarm systemsCable TV/DVD