MorningStar at Dayton Place - Denver, CO

MorningStar at Dayton Place is a beloved senior living community in southeast Denver, long dedicated to making the retirement years of our residents carefree. We offer 104 independent living suites and 76 assisted living suites, as studio, one-bedroom or two-bedroom, on three levels. The mature trees and landscaping create a year-round beauty that draws residents and their families to daily strolls around our grounds.
In our Reflections Neighborhood, we offer 17 secure studios and one-bedroom suites devoted to individualized and personalized care of those with with Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory impairments.
But it’s the unpretentious, loving and altogether homey environment of Dayton Place that most strongly distinguishes this MorningStar family.

Clean, Comfortable, Homey

MorningStar has been a generally positive experience for us. They are doing well there as far as getting my loved one settled in with oxygen and medication and getting him comfortable with his surroundings. [Removed] has been particularly wonderful with my loved one. The facility is clean, comfortable, homey, and I love the diversity of the community. We have had some issues such as money being [Removed], questionable housekeeping, and communication that could use improvement, but overall, I know that my loved one is secure, safe, and not going hungry.

Too Confusing,

I looked at Morning Star when I was looking at different living options for my parents. When I went on a tour, I was just lost. We were over in one part of the facility, and then we were in another. It was just too confusing, and I could just imagine my parents getting lost there as well, so I chose another community.

Lorna Lee

It’s true MorningStar at Dayton Place is a large community, but we offer many advantages given our size: transportation three days a week, a robust schedule of activities, and a resident-run general store and library. All of our suites are located near at least one elevator, and we have a 24-hour concierge to answer any questions. For our assisted living residents, we offer even more support as they familiarize themselves with the community. We proudly hear it all the time: families cannot find a better value or more friendly environment in our area of Denver than MorningStar at Dayton Place. Please give us your consideration.

Everything is fantastic!!

My mother in law is doing fantastic since her move into this community. Everything about the place is great. When my husband and I arrived to tour Morning Star, as soon as we walked in I told my husband this was the place. All of the workers are so friendly. I would recommend this community to anyone looking for assisted living and independent living.

The staff at Morningstar at Dayton Place are wonderful. Everyone we met, from the managers to the housekeepers are incredibly caring, helpful individuals. I can't say enough about how warm and welcoming they all are. In addition, Morningstar is very attractive, has spacious apartments, a wide variety of activities that are well attended by the residents, and a wide variety of tasty meals in the restaurant style dining room.

My happy Parents

I am happy to see that my parents are happy here.This is a nice community with excellent staff who are helpful and caring to their needs. We like knowing the community is clean. The menu could use a little help. The are liking the activities.We would recommend the care and the value for other families.

Loving staff and clean community

My mother moved here recently and it's going well. The staff is very loving and the community is very clean.They do offer activities but some of the ones they have listed do not exist. One night we went down for Dominoes and nothing was going on. My mother also doesn't like the food but she is very picky. The ice cream is good though!
We chose this community because we talked a lot of residents and they were really happy.

High Price for Low Quality Care

My mom lived at Dayton Place for 5 years, transitioning from independent to assisted living. Staff is caring but management is terrible. Quality and service has declined significantly. Director and Care Coordinator ignore family concerns. Three weeks after formally requesting additional care, nothing changed. My mom had not been bathed, she didn't get dressing assistance. Caregivers lack some skills. My husband observed one caregiver struggle to read instructions on a written sheet. Very expensive place for very substandard care.

Lorna Lee

Thank you for your honest feedback. MorningStar at Dayton Place’s assisted living prices are below every competitor in our market. The Care Fee portion of our rates are determined by a nurse’s assessment of a resident; in this way, residents do not pay for any type or level of care they do not actually receive. Moreover, our wellness team adjust cares and fees to align with an individual’s changing health condition. Team members are in continuous training, to learn, grow and provide the best care possible. Communication with residents and their families is always welcomed, documented and implemented.

No communication

I really like the staff. We are very pleased with the staff. As far as management goes, they are not great. We have had billing issues for quite awhile now and it has not been resolved. They do not communicate with us about anything.

Lorna Lee

We apologize for your poor interaction with some of our team members. Please know our current business office manager is very proactive to communicate any changes, and responds quickly to resolve all issues. Moreover, residents and family members are given all managers’ direct phone numbers (including that of our Executive Director) to reach out anytime with concerns.

This is a pretty good community.

Housekeeping comes in once a week. Cory the wellness nurse is really good. The caregivers in memory care are all women, which can be difficult if you have a male loved one. I'm really happy about the activities, weather permitted they take him out for scenic rides. The food is pretty good quality, and they have a choice in what they get.

Great price!

Great price! The price is in the lower price margin but still pretty good. The majority of the people are very nice and responsive. The people have been very accommodating making changes to help make things more comfortable for her. She is still getting used to everything. The grounds are very nice.

Good possibility. 1 BR $25...

Good possibility. 1 BR $2513 / mo, + care, 10+ meds $350/mo. If she declines while living there, they keep her. Dayton and Parker - out by Dad. Not sure how neighborhood is...

Their tour was very nice and all the ...

Their tour was very nice and all the personel were outstanding and very plesant and helpful. Their lunch was terrific too.