Brookdale Aurora - Aurora, CO

Brookdale Aurora - Aurora, CO has yet not published prices.

We were very impressed with the rooms and the kindness and caring of the staff.

Great location- near stores. This is a great place for assisted living needs. Friendly staff.

Depressing, bland, and draining

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Father. As soon as we walked in, I knew this was not the place. Everyone from the residents to the staff didn’t look happy. The color scheme was depressing and bland and this facility was just draining. The marketing director was sweet but seemed to be new and has only been there for only 2 to 4 weeks. She tried her best and followed up with us on the things she could not answer herself. I would not recommend this facility to other families.

Brookdale Aurora

My parents have moved into Brookdale Aurora, and while there have been some little issues, it has been a good experience so far. The staff has been helpful and caring, the community is clean, the food is good and nourishing with generous portions, they have many activities to keep resident stimulated. I also like how secure the place is. Everyone needs buzzed in and out, so I feel that my parents are very safe here. Overall, I would recommend the community to others.

Not a fan of the health and wellness staff

We have not had a good experience with the billing department or the health and wellness director at Brookdale. They made the price just right to get dad to move in. We have had difficulty with him getting his medication when needed and getting the right medication as well. The caregivers try to help, unfortunately there has been a language barrier. Most of the staff due multiple jobs during the day. The main meal is at noon and they only offer one entree. This community is not working out for dad.

Hoping For Changes

There seems to be a lot of problem with the response time. I am paying extra for extra care. Some of the staff are giving attitude when they have to change a wet depends. The director is receptive to the issue but not much is changing.

Not my favorite...

When we walked into Brookdale Aurora, like the other Brookdale's, I knew it was not what we were looking for. I can not explain it, but I did not feel comfortable there. It would not have been a good fit for my mother in law.

Good Facility

My Mother moved into Brookdale on May 1. We are pleased with the facility, but have had trouble contacting the right people and getting the services started. However, we are at that point now and it appears to be okay.
The sales associate, [Removed] was very helpful and let us know about a VA assistance program that my Mother appears to qualify for. He was extremely helpful and we are grateful.

Very clean community!!

My wife and I have recently moved into this community and we have no complaints so far. All of the staff have been wonderful at helping us make the adjustment and making an accommodations that we might have needed. They have a common room where they hold activities throughout the week which we like to join in on from time to time. Overall we are pleased with how everything is going and would recommend this place to anyone.

Tender care for my mom

I like this community. for my mother. We have found the staff to be very caring and friendly to her needs. The food is good and she seems to be please that she is happy with the variety of what is offered. She is offered to participate in activities.I like that the community if always clean and taken care of. We recommend this community highly for good care and good value for a loved one's family.

Kind Tour

This is a nice community,and my tour of it went very well, The staff was very kind, and welcoming. The community looked great. The experience was a good one.

Not what my mother needs!

During my tour of the Brookdale Aurora, I noticed that there were a lot of residents, and the place is very expensive. They also charge separately for everything. Like, if I wanted them to give my mother meds, they would charge an extra $160 a month, or if she needs help bathing or anything. Not the right fit for us.

Our Day At The Community

We had to take my grandfather out from this community. After a day they realized they did not have a machine to assist with the care for my grandfather. They gave me a full refund.

The Tour

The tour was wonderful. The space is not what we were looking for. They only had studio available. We felt this was not the right place but the tour was amazing.

The staff were nice at Brookdale Aurora!

I did not get a good feeling while touring this community. It has separate buildings and you spend the majority of your time with only the people in your building. This would not work for my mom as she would have trouble getting between the buildings.

I would suggest doing a little more research before moving into this community.

We have had a few issues since my dad moved into this community. There was an issue with him not receiving his medication correctly. We have also had some issues with billing. I have not yet had a chance to interact with the staff but my dad does not say a lot about them. The food is satisfactory.

They were a good place.

They were a good place. We weren't here very long. We didn't have any major complaints, no major maintenance issues. Maybe a light would burn out and it would take a bit to fix it, but nothing huge. We never heard any complaints about food either.

Really Enjoying Brookdale !

I haven't that much time with Brookdale yet but from what my sister and I have experienced so far things are going great. She seem to be functioning well there so I am happy with that. I really do like Brookdale I am still learning my way around the place but so far everything looks great. The staff is really nice and seem very committed to their job and what they do to help out. The location is convenient to us and things are working out very well for us here so far. A Place For Mom really helped us out with everything I don't know what I would had done with out their help and Allison was super helpful so far I am really happy with everything.

Great Aura

Initially we thought this could work out for us and we were wrong. My mother and I liked it but she decided to go to another facility. For other people though I would recommend.

They're in the process of renovations. They offer all levels of care which was our main concern. I also like the location. They are not on a major street, so there is not a lot of noise or traffic which is good.

Super people!

They are just getting started over there, so they are working out some things. They are finishing some construction on the building. They could use some more help in Memory Care. Other than that, they are super people. I would definitely recommend Brookdale.

5 stars

Nice place but high priced.

She's pretty new there and we're still getting acquainted with the facility.

great place, it's just too expensive

Brookdale Aurora is a great place, it's just too expensive. The staff have treated me very well. It is well kept. We go out to eat once every 2 or 3 weeks that is about the extent of activities here. I would recommend this facility to anyone that has enough money to pay for it. It is just too expensive here.

top notch

I would say everything at Brookdale Aurora was top notch. The staff were extremely caring there. It was a very nice and clean facility. There isn't anything I could think of to improve on here. I was very satisfied with everything.

staff is very personable, friendly, and knowledgeable

It is expensive at Brookdale Aurora but we do get good care there. The staff is very personable, friendly, and knowledgeable. Any question I have ever had they have been able to answer. Everything has just gone really well here.

They are doing great.

They are doing great. So far so good. Once we got the billing figured out, everything has been great. We like the food. We don't have any major complaints so far. We picked them over the other places because my mom liked it there.

mom has gotten a lot better since being there

My mother has gotten a lot better mentally since being in Brookdale Aurora and being around other people. At first I thought my mother was close to the end, but she has livened up so much since being there that now her mental and physical health have improved so much that I wouldn't be surprised to see her live another twenty years.

Its a facility that makes an effort to assist the elderly and it is a clean environment. I would have a thorough walk of the facility and I would have direct contact with the service help. The service help is the reason i gave it a 3 1/2 stars. There's too many people that don't understand English.

Went an Toured An Okay Place

I toured the place and with my mom having dementia then I didnt feel safe it would be good far her. It wasnt a lock placed and had stairs but if it wasnt for that then I think it would be a good place.

I really liked Brookdale the best. They offered a microwave, refrig & freezer and 42" TV w/cable. They have a Shuttle Bus to take her to her volunteer work and bring her back. There is a church that picks up the people that wants to go and bring them back. The price is about $500 a week cheaper than New Dawn. The place was very nice, friendly, clean and smelled OK. :)

Calming and serene

I think it’s very worthwhile. Most people seem to like the food. It’s a very lovely facility. There are a couple of buildings and they are very attractive, kind of calming and serene. There are paths and outside areas with rabbits and flowers.

Very Happy!

I honestly give them 5's across the board! Everything, as far as cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff, has been great! It really was just the perfect fit for my loved ones' needs, and we are very happy!

It seemed like they want to raise the prices and lower the services.

They have three buildings for assisted living, and the memory care section, Clare Bridge. It became corporate run and they started skimping on things. The housekeeping went down the dumps. They had a toilet that leaked and was never cleaned. They were supposed to take them on scenic rides, but the last year we were there they would feed them and set them in front of the t.v., and that was pretty much it. It seemed like they want to raise the prices and lower the services.

Fewer Activites than Promised

The staff is not responsive to voicemails or questions. We're having quite a bit of difficulty actually. My mom doesn't want to stay there anymore. I don't like that when we were looking they showed us a calender that was just full of activities but for August and now September the calender of activities is not full like it was when we were shopping. There is no good reason for that, that I know of anyway. They said that September would be better but it's not.

Good caregiving

The caregiving at Heritage Club at Aurora was good. My dad lived here. The reason why he moved was because he tood a fall and needed rehab.

She's only been there a couple of wee...

She's only been there a couple of weeks. It was newer and close to where to where my stepfather lived. I'm still learning about their care services, but I think that they have staff to meet needs. It's just not all in place yet.

Staff was very nice and the atmospher...

Staff was very nice and the atmosphere was nice.

Located at 1860 South Potomac, in Aurora, Colorado, Brookdale Aurora provides assisted living and memory care with a wide range of diverse options . We are conveniently located near many shops, restaurants and parks, making us the ideal community to call home.

At Brookdale Aurora, we design our programs and outings according to our residents' interests and capability levels. Our residents enjoy a unique combination of activities and events ranging from daily exercise classes to entertainment events and outings to area restaurants and civic and cultural attractions, including:

Yoga
Gardening club
Massage
Baking club
Origami group
Men's club

Our campus-style community features a variety of different floor plans in both our assisted living and Clare Bridge memory care neighborhoods. At Brookdale Aurora, we partner with each resident and their family to create a personalized care plan that allows them to life active, engaging and purpose-filled lives and age in place in a home-like setting. Our process is unique to Brookdale Senior Living because our services are fee based depending on the resident's need. Our highly-trained staff regularly reviews resident's service plans to ensure every need is being met, and we have three full-time nurses that are here 7-days a week.

At Brookdale Aurora we provide many daily opportunities for our residents to create meaningful relationships with each other and our staff and the community as a whole - which enables them to thrive in an atmosphere that is centered on dignity and compassion - and each person's unique background.

Our highly trained staff is available 24/7, providing comfort to our residents' and their families.

Come join us today! Or call to set up a time to visit and see why our residents and their families love the lifestyle at Brookdale Aurora!