MorningStar of Idaho Falls - Idaho Falls, ID

Battle Zone

If you want to battle all the time to get what your family needs. Morning Star is the place.

Lorna Lee

It grieves us to read of the degree to which we have fallen short in your estimation. We want to do everything possible to rectify your perception and experience with us. We know, and embrace, that we are as much about serving family members as our residents. Please call our Executive Director, Melanie, for a thorough and frank conversation. We are most eager to win your complete satisfaction.

Don’t do it

just say NO. They have gone through more cooks than I can count and the food is still bad. They loose all the good caretakers because they are treated bad. Don’t try to fine the management at lunch time because they are all out for a smoke break. Poor management that don’t have you families interest. The building looks new but the floor has pockets under the carpet where you think you will fall through. (Mostly on the 2 and 3 floor on the rig

Lorna Lee

We are very sorry to read of your disappointment in our dining services but we appreciate the candor in our continuing efforts to improve the quality of our many services at MorningStar. Our Executive Chef, Reese (who has recently returned after a brief absence) conducts a Food Council every month at which resident ideas and concerns are discussed and reflected in subsequent menus. We have eight entree options on our lunch and dinner menus. The soft spots you reference on the second floor have been repaired. Managers take their lunch breaks in rotation within the building. Since we are a nonsmoking community, smokers must leave our campus during breaks. We have care managers who have been with MorningStar since its adoption of this community in 2013, evidence of our healthy culture. These veterans mentor newcomers through our Radiance customer service program. While we do experience the turnover typical in any health care or hospitality business, we work hard to build the kind of culture that supports longevity and stability within our team.

Again medicaid needs to be an option

It's perfect for her!!

My mother is doing fantastic, we can not believe the difference since she moved into MorningStar. She is eating and doing much better. Almost everything about it is positive they have ample staff, they do not ignore the residents if they see them. The staff will talk to them and ask and they need anything. They might be able to improve on the food, mother has only complained a couple times but for the most part, it is good. Mom has gained weight and is eating better which is a good thing.

Not an option...

When I was searching for a place for my grandfather, I called MorningSrar. I did not tour but I did speak on the phone with a young man whose name I do not remember. I was not very happy with our conversation, When I asked about pricing, he just told me that everywhere was the same and did not give me information. It left me a bad impression and I would not put my loved one in their care.

Home away from home

My mother lived at Morningstar for just under a year and I couldn't be happier calling that her home. From the minute you walk in and are greeted by all the wonderful staff to the dining experience, activities, and care provided throughout the year I am truly touched. My mother was in the memory care unit which has a very high number of staff to give the extra care that is needed. Management was so wonderful to me and my family, I can't thank them enough for all they have done. I highly recommend morningstar to anyone looking for assisted living for their loved ones

Tragedy at Morningstar

Our family placed our mom at Morningstar of Idaho Falls this Spring of 2014. She was able to walk outside with her walker on two seperate occasions from assisted living. Because of this they had placed her in memory care where we were told she would be "safe" in a locked down facility. Three weeks later she somehow "got out" of the facility and was found by her son-in-law nearly two hours after she was reported missing. She was face down in a field and was found to have burns on her backside with blistering. She later died from her injuries. Be careful where you place your loved ones. Our mom had one of her children with her everyday. This happened on the hours she was alone.

A little disappointed

My husband stayed there for a respite stay and it went well I think. It was kind of hard to tell because I wasn't there. Everything was nice and clean and the food looked really good. I had two of his family members came to see him while I was gone and they thought it was a little cold, not temperature wise but less friendly that some other places. Perhaps they're just used to something different.

I was a little disappointed when we got there because the room that he was to go into was not the room they told me it would be and they didn't have it set up. They had to bring in new furniture and I had to stay at Bonaventure for an hour longer and ended up missing the rehersal dinner. Also when I called to speak to him they seemed a little taken aback and acted like it was an imposition.

Nestled on the southeast side of town, MorningStar of Idaho Falls is dedicated to making your retirement years carefree. Our team works tirelessly to offer residents a quality of life other assisted living facilities simply cannot match. At MorningStar of Idaho Falls, we’re proud to offer 12 cottages for active seniors, together with 87 bright suites for independent living and 66 for assisted living. Within our Reflections Neighborhood, we also offer 28 secure suites devoted to the individualized, specialized care for residents with memory impairment from Alzheimer’s Disease or other forms of dementia.