Morning Pointe of Columbia - Columbia, TN

Sonia Was Wonderful

We used to use [removed] for my mother’s care needs but we had to move her into a memory care community. [removed], our caretaker was just wonderful, and we loved her to death. I do wish that [removed] was better with their administrative tasks though. It was tedious to main in info every two weeks, and then call to make sure they received it and find out that they often lost my items. This aspect really needs improvement, but [removed] made everything worth it.

Care for families

I toured this community for good care. The staff were nice and seemed caring. The dining area was nice. They did offer a good variety of nice activities if she would have moved into this community. We suggest other families see this community for the care and value of a loved one.

The facility was a bit small but the outside appearance was more like a home than a facility. This facility has an assisted living section, that does not require a staff for entry and then a memory care center(the lantern) that does require staff admission before you can enter. There was a nice front porch with rocking chairs and benches. Small parking area for visitors. The dining hall was very small only 9 tables. The max residents is 45. The units appeared to be a bit larger mainly due to lay out. This facility was in the process of some water sprinkler damage repair, replacing hall carpet, wallpaper, etc. This facility appeared to have more activities available than Sterling House, but I will need to confirm, since I only saw the activity board at this facility. The rates where more expensive than Sterling House. The medication/hygiene care rate was $358.00 a month higher. They also charged for laundry services, but cable is a flat $30 a month and they take care of installation of cable. LPN's on staff from 6am - 10pm. No plans for RN to be on staff 24/7. No mention of a resident physician available. Will need to check to see if that is an option. Each unit had carpet except in the bathrooms. There were renovated tubs, with cut outs for entry instead of walk in showers, but they did have handicap bars in each tub area.