Monterey Court Alzheimer's Care - Happy Valley, OR

I was not happy with the care from this community. The prices were not set and they kept adding fees. I was informed different rates and on the deposit. My staff was very nice. They were always understaffed to take care of the residents. The clothing that was brought in had disappeared. We were informed that the meals would have been government and that was incorrect. They did not keep him as active as we were informed would be offered to him. It was hard to find the staff when we did visit. We would not recommend this community. Other families may want to consider touring this community for a family member.

Frontier Management

Thanks for the feedback. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents at Monterey Court. Our manager would like to help turn your lackluster experience around. If you're willing, please contact Letitia London at [removed] to discuss what we can do to help.

The staff seemed friendly and informed. We liked the layout, with hallways in a circle rather than dead-ended. Our challenge was the size of the rooms and the fact that the bathrooms were shared. Our mother would not accept a room-mate.

Frontier Management

Thanks for leaving us this response. If you'd be willing, Letitia London would like to speak with you at [removed] to discuss ways to improve your experience with Monterey Court moving forward. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Positive atmosphere!!

My aunt has adjusted since her move here. The caregivers have been great. My aunt is now eating and the meals that they provide are nutritious. I like the homey atmosphere that this community gives off. I like the fact that there is a lot of room so that she can roam and not feel trapped. They even have a locked outside area for the residents to be able to walk around. She is safe.

Frontier Management

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience with us has been positive! Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Good Safe Community for My Mother

So far everything is working pretty well for my mother since her move to this community. She is doing very well, and i'am pleased with her move to this community. They have a great staff, and I know she is being cared for well here. Also they have been very friendly, and helpful. It is a well kept community, everything is very neat and tidy. I'am very comfortable with the care she is receiving. She is safe and in a good place. I would highly recommend this community.

Frontier Management

Thank you very much for sharing these comments! We are happy to hear that your mother's experience has been positive at Monterey Court! Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!

We liked this community!

This community specializes in memory care. It was clean and I liked the staff I met during my tour. They offered daily activities. This was our first choice, however they do have a long waiting list.

We toured this facility late on September 9th they waited for us since we were stuck in traffic. This is a wonderful facility, clean, smelled correct, open, fresh and inviting. We took a tour this evening and I was very impressed with the interaction between the residents and the staff. The staff had patience and were very kind to the residents. We had a resident accompany us on our tour, she was delightful. I can't say enough good about this facility. The residents are treated well and with great respect and honor. I wish more facilities would treat their residents in the manner that Monterey treats them. They go above and beyond for their residents and for the families.

Monterey Court Amazing Tour

I visited this community recently to tour on a whim, i was greeted by a kind woman at the front desk named Kayla who was quite knowledgeable about senior housing, she ended up showing me around the community and WOW! what a place! They seem to stress the importance of activities here, there is a large board at the entrance of each side that lists the events of the day, the care givers were out and interacting with the residents and what I loved most was how they all had a smile on their face. I worked for many years at a public relations firm, and let me tell you something, a smile can go a long way! My wife is and has always been an avid gardener, things have gotten a little more difficult for her in terms of bending down to tend a garden, at this place there was a raised planter box on each end of the building and the residents are the ones in charge of deciding what goes into each bed! My wife would love that! The rooms are fairly small, semi-private shared studios, the small size would be great for my wife, she gets anxious in large rooms. The bathroom has a large walk-in shower, and they offer stand by to full assistance for the residents they care for. I still have a couple places to look, my wife is still successful at home with me, but when the time does come, Monterey Court is a front-runner.

Good for Dad and great for the family.

My Dad has adjusted very well to the move and really likes being at Monterey Court and the rest of the residents seem to really enjoy being there as well. As far as the cleanliness of the community I think that there can be some improvements but other than that it really is a very nice place. Dad tolerates the food but says it could use some seasoning. The staff are all very nice and welcoming and give the place a warm feeling. Amy, the director, is amazing and the staff really seem to respect her which makes for an awesome environment.

Very nice.

Very nice.

Very clean and bright. Resident rooms...

Very clean and bright. Resident rooms were smallish, but private. I like the jack and jill bath. This facility seems to stress activity. I wonder if Dad would enjoy/participate. No room in the room for TV and his chair. They don't encourage hanging in the rooms. Will bring mom here.

Does not have to move when on Medicai...

Does not have to move when on Medicaid. Personal incident account go out twice a week on trips. No additional doctor appt charges... Merrywalker is available. 8 to 1 ratio for caregivers. deposit to get on list and do assessment. Towncenter village living is nearby - within walking distance

Monterey Court provides a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with forms of dementia including Alzheimer’s Disease. Our home-like community is comprised of 4 distinct neighborhoods—each designed with the preferences of our residents in mind. Our barrier-free community features continuous walking and outdoor opportunities, while along the way providing familiar living rooms, pets, outdoor areas, lounges and quiet spaces. Our Personal Touch philosophy begins with the history of each resident and develops close bonds between residents, their families, and our caregivers. In addition to Adult Daily Services, we also offer Respite Care. We may be the answer you have been seeking.