Appreciation

Our brother has been at Mirador for one week and we have been most impressed with everyone and most grateful for the entire staff . Everyone welcomes you with a beautiful smile no matter the time of day . Words can not express our deep appreciation for all they have done to help him to recover his strength back . Highly recommend this beautiful environment.

5 Stars All The Way!!

The community feels like a cruise ship it's wonderful. They offer a wide variety of choices of lunch and dinner. Meal portions are just perfect and the taste of the meals is great. I would highly recommend the community to a friend or family. The community is kept clean and well organized.

You have to have tons of $$$ to live here

Place is clean and relatively new so you do t have "that" smell.....care is adequate; you will need to have sitters or providers stay with your loved one..so your costs will be double. Number of issues with meds, resident monitoring and follow up to your questions or needs. be careful staff is overworked often double shifts. Administration is week and gives a lot of lip service with no action. They tend to let good staff go.

Beth Wilbins

As executive director of Mirador, I appreciate any and all input that can help us enrich the lives of our residents. Thank you for the compliment about the cleanliness of the community – we strive to keep Mirador in pristine condition every day!
For those who might not be as familiar with Mirador, we are the only full service life care CCRC offering all levels of care in Corpus Christi. The entry fee required provides guaranteed lifetime care, offers estate protection, predetermined future health care costs, and ensures our residents that they will never be asked to leave due to an inability to pay.
The Plaza at Mirador provides a full range of health care services for an onsite continuum of care. Care levels include assisted living, memory support and skilled nursing and rehabilitation. One does not have to be a resident of Mirador to move into The Plaza. Move-ins to The Plaza are available on a month-to-month basis and do not require an entrance fee. We wanted to share with you that The Plaza recently received the Five-Star Quality Rating from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) – an achievement our staff and residents are especially proud of.
I hope this helps provide some further information for those who see your review. I would be happy to discuss your experience by phone or in person. ~ Aaron DeNovellis, Executive Director

Getting ripped off.

Don't bring your loved one here. My grandmother's room is constantly dirty. Crumbs all around her sitting area. I have walked in in the morning to find her sleeping on top of her covers with her day clothes still on. They do not assist her into her pajamas or turn down the bed for her. My grandmother does not get showered. I am having to go in myself to bath her. I have contacted a home health company to come in regularly to bath her even though the CNAs here claim she's getting bathed. The administration is rude. The beauty shop hair dressers are constantly quitting. Stay away. It may be pretty but look a little closer. You are not getting what you pay for.

Nice place, overall!

Overall I think things have gone very well at the Mirador! They've done an excellent job taking care of my loved one, and they've been able and happy to help with anything that we've asked of them. The one complaint I have is that recently they stopped being a facility that accepts Medicaid.

Beautiful facility. If budg...

Beautiful facility. If budget is not a concern, this facility would be our #1 choice.

I can't say enough wonderful things about them!

It's been incredible, she has been really happy there. She says she is treated like a queen. They are very responsive to her needs. They have a big menu and little menu to choose from. The best thing they did was work with the team working with her in the other state, and they got everything ready. They are really supportive. The food is incredible and the atmosphere, bright beautiful colors, it's invited, they get trash service 3 times a day, so it never smells. They have a call bell around their back. It truly is a five star community. They have independant, assisted, memory care, and skilled. The grounds are beautiful. The beauty shop is incredible. They have a computer there so they can Skype. I feel good having her there, she is safe and well cared for. I haven't seen her this happy in a long time. They are very responsive. THey will take them to DR. appts and the grocery store. We also used Medical Transport Center out of Sarasota FL. to move her across country. This is an amazing service and anyone who needs to move their loved one across the country should look into them!.

Care is Lacking

My mom went down there for rehab and they basically put her in a wheelchair and left her in bed. She lost a lot of strength. They didn't work with her like they should have. The times that she would need to use the restroom she would push the button and it would be 15, 20 minutues before anyone would get there and they would get her to the bathroom and then it would be a while before they came back. It's a nice, pretty facility but I found the care was very much lacking. They would tell you one thing and the next day they would tell you something different. It's not a good place.