Thrive Memory Care at Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi, TX

High End not for mom

This is a beautiful community, and the staff did a great job showing me around and answering all my questions. There were lots of amenities for the residents here but I knew that it was not going to be a good fit for my mother as she would be better in a more home-like atmosphere and a much small community. I would definitely recommend coming on a tour here.

Could use some improvements!!

My mother was only at this community for a short period of time and while she was there everything just went okay. I would say there about five caregivers that work there that are exceptional in what they do. The rest of the staff just seemed very careless in my opinion. I ended up pulling my mother out after a month because I just was not satisfied with the overall care she was receiving.

Not enough care for mom

Thrive Memory Care in Corpus Christi needs a higher ratio of quality caregivers to patients. Right now they say it's 6 to 1, but in reality patients are being left alone too much–caregivers call in sick or some are just lazy.

There are great caregivers: [Removed] were also great, but there are many CNA's that just don't have a maternal instinct. They need to find another line of work.

I think Thrive is the best Memory Care Center in Corpus Christi, but that's not saying much. I did not want to leave my mom there. Maybe it's good for some, but not my mom. She is now living with me.

A tour for care

I toured this community for my husband's care. This is a new community for memory care. I found the community to be a very beautiful community. The staff was excellent. They have a nice variety of activities that are offered.We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Trive is awesome not only the environment but the staff. They are caring and supportive to the patients and family. I give them 10 + stars

Top of The Line

I feel like my mom is getting excellent care and living in a top of the line community. I like the meals they serve it has an even amount of starch, meat, and vegetables with no long wait time. I was impressed with the brand new, immaculately clean, and 6 resident to 1 caregiver ratio community. I have a little concern since the activities director has quit. They are using one of the resident helpers but I don't think that is a good idea. I would move in myself and recommend other to the community.

Brand New Facility

The staff at this community were very nice. The director was outstanding, she took me around for the tour and shows me the building and answered all of my questions. They are very aware of the patient's needs. The facility was sterile, the walls were still grey without many decorations. The layout was very confusing. There were a lot of doors which was confusing. All of the resident's room doors were closed. The dining room and activity room were one.

I would recommend this community!!!

This is a brand new community. The staff are nice and answer our questions. I would rate the food as a 3. They recently hired an activities director so I think the activities will improve.