Mesa Springs Healthcare Center - Abilene, TX

Mesa Springs Healthcare Center - Abilene, TX has yet not published prices.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

The therapists are great. The therapy has been very good but is not progressing. The nurses are good and they are very busy. The admittance nurse is particularly courteous and good. The staff are quick to help with a wash cloth and keep his sheets changed. Everyone is friendly. They are all happy and get along with people serving the food and pleasant. It is clean. They were mopping and cleaning this morning. The food is adequate but by the time it gets to the room it is cold. They are doing the best they can and give good options. He had a really good sandwich and fries and it was cold. They all communicate well. Carrie, the case manager, is very good at her job. Receptionist is very knowledgeable and very good.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

The nursing care is the reason we picked the place. We have been there before and liked it. The communication is good. If you have questions, they answer but you never get to see the doctor. They do call and let you know how they are doing.

It's great!

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

The staff doesn't do much. I do her laundry but they don't change her clothes. No one knows what the other people are doing. The biggest problem is the communication. They do call when they are going to do something but we were there for 3 days before we figured anything out. They need to communicate with each other more. Carrie, the social worker, is the only one I communicate with.

It is good.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

From what I have seen, they are doing a good job. They were just gently persistent enough with my loved one in therapy. They got some really hardworking staff members there. Things were clean and looked like they were in really good shape. The food is good but he wished they brought more fruit. The social worker communicated very well with his primary care physician.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

My loved one actually gets out of her room here, which is why we like it a lot. There was an accident the other day that we are not happy with. She doesn't like the food, she says it doesn't have a lot of flavor. But it's what she needs.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

I like Mesa. They promptly respond to lights. They shop for my loved one's food and work hard to accommodate her. They do well to communicate. Past experiences made me choose that place. I have an advantage of knowing the nursing homes here and got to choose this one and I picked it because they do a good job here.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

Overall, they were good! The nursing was fine and they were sweet. The food could have been better but it was good. They communicated well.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

The therapy is great. My loved one is not necessarily enjoying the quality of the meals so far.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

They treat her well and it's clean. They take good care of her. My loved one is doing better after rehab and is moving around and walking pretty well now. No complaints about the food.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

They have done very well to communicate. The communication is excellent! The staff is friendly.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

It the available staff that seems to care. My mother is being so much better-taken care of. There is an aide that is just great with her. She talks with her and is just really sweet with her. The cleanliness is good. I know they are undergoing some remodeling, but its good. Communication has been amazing. The case manager and the social worker have been amazing.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

Communication is great! It does not smell like a nursing home. My grandmother says the meals could be better.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

Therapy is very good. My loved one loves the nurses. There is a nurse that gives really good care and the medication nurse is very proficient and helps too. They take very good care of my loved one and they call me if anything goes wrong. They are very proficient and if I am not there and I need something they take care of it for me. They are good at taking my loved one places when I am not here too. The place is very clean with no urine smell. They do accommodate food and drink requests. The caseworker is very proficient with planning for the holidays and she calls and texts me with how my loved one is doing.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

The therapy staff is really good. I ask any questions to the nurses and they always answer.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

Communication was great! It seemed like a lot of the stuff was used as leftovers. So they would use the leftover food from the day before.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

The nursing and staff are great. The communication has been good. When you walk into the hallway from his room there is a foul odor.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

The nursing is good. It's all clean. Therapy is doing well. My loved one has an issue with the menu and the food. My loved one is very unhappy with the food quality.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

The therapists are really good. The staff is courteous. Some of the nurses are alright but some that need more teaching. They run out of coffee. They have areas need to fix. My father's bed had a hole in it and had to raise heck to get another mattress. They had to fix the breaks on the wheelchair because they stood him up and it went out from under him. Understaffed. Only 1 nurse per wing and they need at least 2 per wing. He has accidents and it takes too long to get to him and has to lay in it. Needs a snack before appointments and does not get it. We are not getting all of the laundry back.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

My mother is a little stronger than when she arrived. The nurses seem sweet. All those I have dealt with have been very nice, especially the administration. It looks pretty clean. Small portions of food and the same vegetables every day. Only had one meeting and that is the only time any communications with them and we are out there every day and they have never stopped me to talk to me. We have been told some things that have not happened. It's okay but the food is horrible.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

Overall, it has gone smoothly. The communication has gone well. But, I was not impressed with the staffs' responsiveness. My loved one struggled to get help with this situation from the nursing staff. I had to up to the facility myself and urge them to handle the situation. Even after this, I felt an overall sluggish response from the staff. It seems as though they are understaffed.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

The people treat her well here. The aides are very patient with her. I think communication is really good and the social worker does especially well to communicate. The facility needs to be updated including the dining room.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

They are friendly. The nurses are rushed and short-handed. Some of the meals come out cold and the meat is hard.

Review of Mesa Springs Healthcare Center

The meals are very good. It's cleaner than other facilities. Most of the aides have been really nice. Some of the night staff did not want to help. The call light is on all night and no one answers. They do not help my loved one eat and my loved one is not able to feed themselves. They took my loved one to an appointment with no sling and no oxygen and the Dr, office was closed and locked and they left my loved one there and drove off for three hours.

Mesa Springs Healthcare Center is dedicated to providing exceptional care and custom care plans for all of our residents. Our highly trained therapists provide state-of-the-art rehabilitative therapy for a variety of health conditions. Residents can even continue to receive treatment after returning home through our outpatient therapy program.

We offer a number of specialized treatments including, wound care, care for neurological conditions, electrical stimulation for swallowing dysfunction, percutaneous tibial neuromodulation for bladder control and function, lymphedema care, pulmonary programs, and speech-language therapy.