Mission Creek - Waukesha, WI

Just Okay.

I toured here while looking for a new place for my loved one, and overall, it was just ok, but that's it. The staff wasn't particularly warm, or cold to us, the place wasn't more bright, spacious, or grand than any other place we saw, and overall, I just was not impressed with it.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you.

Mom is settling in

Mom is in this community and they are very pleasant and nice to her. There is only a couple of thing that I hope improve, and that is the wait when she calls for help it takes up to 30 to 45 minutes for them to come. They could at least pop in and check to make sure she wasn't hurt or something. And they were slow at getting her therapy started. Her room is always nice and clean.She says the food is OK and the have a variety to choose from, there is a pleasant atmosphere in the dining area. She enjoys the exercise class and the music functions. She went on a trip to a museum and enjoyed that. I would recommend this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our community. We appreciate your feedback and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

Good tour

We toured Mission Creek and it was a nice and clean community. The people there seemed friendly and provided us with the information regarding the care and security we were interested in. We chose another community that was a better fit for our loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We would love to hear any additional thoughts you have on how we can create a five star experience. Please feel free to contact us directly at our community phone number

Amazing Staff!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far things are going well for her. The staff have been wonderful to work with and have such kind hearts. They know everyone by name and talks to them just like they are family. It is a smaller place and more intimate for all of the residents. They have a great menu as well as activity program that my mom in enjoying. Overall it has worked out great and we are pleased.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to review our community; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mother is making her home here with us!

Going Good For The Beginning

My mom is doing well and the community is working. She's under hospice and the staff has been working together. So far for the first week it has been good. The staff are doing a very good job.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback and we're honored to be a part of your mom's journey. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns, as our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our residents and families.

The first thing I did when we placed my wife in Mission Creek was to give them a 3-page document I had typed up explaining how to handle her in various situations. One of the things I highlited to the management staff was that she sometimes will use the toilet and then a couple of minutes later feel she needs to use it again. I also alerted them to the fact that she was an extreme fall risk. Despite this, on her very first night there a caregiver took her to the bathroom and then returned her to her bed and left. A couple of minutes later she had returned to the bathroom by herself, fell backward into the porcelain tank on the toilet, shattering it into four large pieces, and ended up on the floor with a large gash down her back requiring an emergency room visit. In an attempt to prevent further falls, the next day my daughter and I met with managment and we all agreed that they would move her bed against the wall and remove a night-stand that was next to it. They were reluctant to put mats next to her bed or use a bed alarm. A few days later, she rolled out of bed in her sleep and landed hard on her right side, hitting her head on the night stand in the process. Neither the bed nor the night stand had been moved as they had agreed to do. Ultimately, this resulted in a five day stay in the hospital for her to recover from the bruising. A few days later, knowing her fall risk, a care staff placed her on a chair and she fell and hit her head on the floor. I immediately removed her from the facility, as I did not trust them to provide appropriate care to assure her safety.

Mom's Happy Home

I am very happy with this community and my mom's care. The staff are very nice and caring and they keep me informed on her progress. The menu is good and a nice variety. They offer her activities that she does participate with the other residents. I would recommend this community to other families seeking good care and a great value for a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your confidence in us and we are delighted that your mom is enjoying her home with us!

A very good tour!

When I toured the Mission Creek, I also thought it was a very nice community. It was clean and the staff seemed very friendly. The tour guide was able to give me helpful information and answer my questions.

Comfortable living!

It was a difficult time getting adjusted to the changes from moving my in-laws to the Mission Creek. The staff there are all very friendly and we have been very impressed with how responsive they are. They quickly adjust to accommodate the resident's needs. They have learned that my father in law likes yogurt as a snack, just little things like that. The meals that they provide are very good, I tried some of my father in law's shrimp once and it was very good. So far,m we are happy with how things are going.

Kudos for Mission Creek

The transition to Memory Care has been difficult for my dad.
Mission Creek has been flexible and accommodating in helping him to adjust. The supervisors and care givers have been great. I have only positive comments about the facility.

A nice place for others.

This is a nice community that has a great staff. I think that the aids are always willing to help and are very friendly. The rooms are nice,but could use a little more cleaning. There are activities that are offered if someone is wanting to participate. I would recommend this for other families.

Overall I was very pleased with the facility. Clean and very friendly staff. Was concerned about the tv programs being watched by residents. Don't find shows like Criminal Minds and Law and Order to be appropriate. Seems like the shows being watched are more for the staff than the residents.

They Serve Excellent Meals

My husband was here for a respite stay, and everything went very well. He really enjoyed his time here and I was very pleased. It is a very nice looking community, they did a good job with keeping his room and the facility nice and clean. The food was excellent, he really enjoyed the meals. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend this community.

A Very Nice Building

On my tour I got to see how nice the facility is and got to meet the nice staff. There are several outdoor yards that are not fully secured, this was an issue for us. The resident mostly seemed to be older and less active here. This would not help my mom improve from her condition. Overall we felt this was not a good fit for Mom

Mission Creek is a great place

Facility is in a very quiet location. 'Medium to Small in size with great accommodations including outdoor areas. Secure. Very friendly and helpful staff. We had to make a move pretty quickly and they we very helpful in getting all the paperwork squared away and stayed in close communication throughout the process.

Wonderful Community

My mother is doing wonderful. Her health is improving and she really enjoys the place. They are taking very good care of her and her needs. The community is very nice and clean. The staff is great, they are welcoming and helpful. She is now the bingo queen, she really loves to play bingo. They do offer many activities for her to choose from. She is pleased with the food. I know she is reeving great care at this community.

WE LOVE IT!

We love this place for my brother. I have no complaints at all. We loved that they had hospice care attached with the community so we didn't have to move him when he needed hospice care. The Community was upfront with their costs no hidden charges or fees. We know what we have to pay each month. The staff is very friendly, place is clean and the food is excellent.

It was an enjoyable stay.

My husband enjoyed his stay at Mission Creek. He was there for 9 days respite care. He said the food was very good and he enjoyed activities.

We think it's great. We are very happy.

We think it's great. We are very happy. I would give them a five. The employees care about the elderly, and are really compassionate. They have so many activities, she is really happy. They keep her room spotless, and the garbage is taken out daily. Her clothes are always clean, and she never has a spot on them. The activities kind of played a big role in choosing them.

Working Out Well

Everything is working out well here at Mission Creek, we are very pleased. They are truly great this community and really care about the residents. The staff is wonderful and very informative and kind. This is a nice community and looks amazing. Everyone is very kind and willing to help at any time. The food is excellent, we have had a few meals there and it was great. Even the servers are pleasant and sweet. We have already recommended this community because it is truly a wonderful community.

Review of Mission Creek - Waukesha, WI

I will give this facility one more try as to a tour and visit when last we were there a lot of the people staying there were ill with some form of Colon issue therefore we did not have the opportunity to see any of the residents staying there or really any staff everybody was very sparse

SLC Midwest

Thank you for visiting us at Mission Creek! We were sorry to learn you did not get to meet many of our wonderful residents during your visit, and would appreciate the opportunity to have you by for lunch or dinner so you are able to learn more about our community. Please feel free to reach out to our team at our community phone line to schedule a time to stop by. Thank you again for your time!

overall good experience

Merrill Hills Manor is going good. It is very clean. T he staff is really friendly there. Every time I am there they have him doing something. I have no complaints. It has been an overall good experience.

Residents not as happy or at home. Tile floors everywhere made it fell more institutional than other places I have visited.

A place for mom

With short term memory I love the way they keep mom very busy with activities and friendliness. Before she use to just sit in a room but now I see the happiness in her eyes.

Merrill Hills Manor, A Good Place to be

The facility is beautiful. We were able to get my mom the larger room so that her couch and small table fit in. Love the gardens, living areas and entry way. They are going to be enlarging the dining room in the Memory Care unit. It is quite small. We moved in in September and lately when I have been visiting I feel like there is a smell both in the dining areas and in my mom's room. Now that things are closed up because it is getting colder it seems to be a little bit smelly. Most of the CNAs have been really nice. I always see the residents involved or resting and there are people around to assist. Am hoping that my mom makes a few friends though this is hard because of the memory issue. Overall, very nice facility.

The care and the cleanliness have been fine.

It's been fine, but there has been some confusion, on and off, about the prices. However we have figured it out now. The care and the cleanliness have been fine. One thing I've noticed is in the assisted care they always had a choice at meal time, but that isn't always the case in memory care. The staff seem to all be pretty pleasant and helpful. We chose them based on location, it was close to family and she already knew a few people.

Terrible care

When my parents first moved in to Merrill Hills there was another person in charge (I believe his name was Robert). Then the place was run top notch, now-----not so much. The place is still clean but the care my father is receiving borders on [removed]. My brother, sister & I have gone over at different times during the day and whenever we get there he is sitting with his oxygen tank empty. We have told the staff he needs to be on oxygen and he has an oxygen machine in his room. The small tanks are supposed to be just for transporting to meals down the hall. When he is in his room he is supposed to be put on the oxygen machine, but in without fail they just drop him back at his room leaving the oxygen tank on. In no time the tank is out of oxygen and he is left to suffer. When my dad got out of the hospital they added an additional amount of money to supposedly cover the increased cost of his care (for the additional time to connect him to his tanks and/or machine), which they are not doing anyways.

SLC Midwest

We are very disappointed that your parents did not have a better experience while residing at our community. Our goal is to provide a safe and home like atmosphere for our residents. We strive daily to provide excellent care and customer service. I would like to further discuss how we failed to meet your expectations and how we can improve the quality of care and service moving forward. Please call me directly at [removed]. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Melissa Miller, Executive Director.

Stop Searching

For those out there going through the process of finding a care facility for your loved one and struggling with not knowing which one will treat your family member like one of their own.....stop looking. Our mother was in two facilities before Merrill Hills. The level of care and love she received here was a blessing to her and to her family. Her room was kept spotless, the food was incredible. I don't think there was a single person there who didn't know her and her family by name. You will never find anyone parked in a wheelchair in the hallway idle and lonely. Everyone is engaged in activities even if just watching. They made us feel welcome always, and in Mom's last days we could see genuine care and concern in all their faces. Mom wasn't just a number to them; she was loved by them.

If you want a facility where you will be at ease when you can't be there this is it. I can't think of a thing more important than that.

SLC Midwest

The team at MHM is committed to our residents our staff and to each other.

We want to provide a great environment for all involved.

Each one of us at MHM is dedicated to each other and all of us have one
ultimate goal; and that goal is to care about our residents and to care about
their families.

Very Sincerely,

The Team at MHM

Excellent Care for my Mom

My 2 sisters and myself have never encountered such a caring and friendly community of caregivers as Merrill Hills Manor and the attached Seasons Hospice. We had Mom in 2 places prior to Merrill Hills and the other 2 couldn't come close to the friendliness and caring of the staff at Merrill Hills and Seasons. We did our homework thoroughly after the first 2 places and found out dollar wise they are all about the same. But when it comes to loved ones you cannot put a price tag on their care.

We highly recommend Merrill Hills Manor!

Visit went well. MHM is a wonderful ...

Visit went well. MHM is a wonderful facility, but it seems geared more to a memory care resident as opposed to a minimal-care assisted living resident. There will be an opening soon, but only in a semi-private capacity.

We took a tour of the new facility, v...

We took a tour of the new facility, very nice, location perfect.

I was very impressed. Lots of ameniti...

I was very impressed. Lots of amenities & care. They also accept Family Care.

Awesome place. The most expensive of...

Awesome place. The most expensive of all checked, but very clean, staff friendly and knowledgable. Schedule is flexible enough for her needs and rooms are nice size with ample storage spaces.

Very nice place, brand new. All pati...

Very nice place, brand new. All patients mingle together. A lot of activites, nice rooms, etc. Larger facility with many more residence. Northfield Manor is part of the Merrill Hills group.

Mission Creek Alzheimer's/Memory Care and Assisted Living is located in Waukesha, WI. The 36th Best Small City in America, Waukesha is the largest city in Waukesha County. Once known for the healing properties of its spring water, Waukesha has a rich history centered around health and family, making it an ideal location.

With large private and semi-private suites complete with private bathrooms, walk-in showers, wall safes, kitchenettes with refrigerator and microwave; Mission Creek also offers individualized health care plans, and 24/7 supervision by a nurse and nursing assistants in a secured building, that includes activity stations, outdoor walking path and sensory gardens. At Mission Creek Alzheimer's/Memory Care and Assisted Living, families will find hope, relief, and peace of mind knowing that their loved one is being cared for in a state-of-the-art retirement care community that specializes in Alzheimer’s and memory impairment care.

CRL specializes in operating and managing innovative senior residences that deliver the highest standard of care in specially designed therapeutic environments. We meet the needs of seniors with independent living, assisted living and Alzheimer’s/memory impairment care communities. At Mission Creek, it’s all about Caring, Dignity and Family through healthcare innovation!

Housing Type Alzheimer's, Memory Care and Assisted Living, short term, Respite available