Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Princeton - Princeton, NJ

$8,000 Gives You a Stale House with Unhappy People

I tried to find a positive and if you asked me this time last year I would have rated 5 stars. I found this place because it was close to me.

However, with the constant change in management, they can't get their processes straight. It's dirty and smelly with dingy furniture which is the look/cleanliness concern and when you are paying close to $8,000/mo that is a HUGE concern.

The staff try but 1 person can't cook, clean, help with showers, dressing and medication. The "house manager" is an unlicensed staff who can't even help. When I ask for help or questions about my loved one - I'm directed to the manager who never knows the answer.

Dan Wolen

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear your experience at Memory Care Living at Princeton was not a more positive one. I would like to encourage you to contact me personally so we can discuss this and other concerns you may have further. I personally value the candid feedback which will allow us to make the changes necessary to ensure these concerns are resolved immediately and long-term. I very much look forward to speaking to you.- Dan Wolen, Chief Operating Officer- [removed]

We really like the "home" atmosphere and would seriously consider this house an option for my mother. We really liked the outdoor space and their ideas of engaging my mother in day to day chores and activities. The staff appear to be exceptional in engaging the residents. However, given that the ratio is mostly male and the scheduled activities are more limited than other alternatives, we are carefully considering other options.

Dan Wolen

Thank you for sharing your feedback and your 4-star rating. I would like to invite you to contact me at your convenience so I can personally hear how your search for senior living options is going and if we can assist you further with the process and ensure you find a perfect fit, either at Memory Care Living or one of our respected colleagues in the area- Dan Wolen, Chief Operating Officer- [removed]

Nice For Another Family

The tour I had of the community went fine. Their care and staff had nothing wrong. I thought it looked nice but it was not going to fit the personality of my loved one.

Dan Wolen

Thank you for sharing your feedback and your 4-star rating. I would like to invite you to contact me at your convenience so I can learn how we can better exceed your expectations and ensure future reviews are 5 stars- Dan Wolen, Chief Operating Officer- [removed]

Still Figuring This Community Out

We are still figuring out our way around this community. I will say they are willing to work with us with our concerns we have. It is a clean community, but they could do a better job with the minor cleaning around the community. About 60% of the care staff is good and very caring. The other 40 could use some more dedication to their job. The executive director is great. I haven't noticed many activities offered. We take care of her meals, but their meals look nice. It is still a work in progress for us here.

Dad's new home

The staff is well trained and they never seem to have a bad day, they are always upbeat. It's like one big family, your not just a number like some facilities. Kathleen & Laurethea were very helpful with the move in, I can reach out to them at anytime by cell and they usually have the answers to what I'm looking for. They helped me and my family get through a very tough situation and choice in my father's care.

A new home with caring staff

The staff are very kind. The Family Care specialist was just the right person to help us transition from family to the Memory Residence. Their physician is very kind and knowledgeable. There are a number of men who live there, which was important to me. I didnt want my loved one surrounded by only women.

The residence style living has made it easier to encourage friends and family to visit because they are not going to "nursing home." It looks like a residence and the relaxed atmosphere has helped my loved one relax and settle in to a new environment.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts on Memory Care Living, they are very important to us!

Pleasant environment

Staff interact nicely with residents and family members and are attentive. Very clean. Private room for each resident. Seem to keep patient's comfort a high priority.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

We are happy to have you a part of our Memory Care Living Princeton community.

Compassionate Connection

I went online to find a dementia care facility for my Uncle as the facility he was in was too large and he needed more one on one care. I reached out to senior advisors.com as I live in California and told them I was looking for a smaller facility with a home like environment as we have these types of care homes in California. Within 24 hours I had several homes call me and Memory Care Living was the best fit. Only 15 rooms with a higher staff to patient ratio what a great fit.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

We are happy Memory Care Living was the home you chose!

A Good Facility

I think that it is a good facility compared to the other ones that I have visited. Overall I think they work really with men specifically. I think it is a good place and so far they have done really well with my father and they are very helpful.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you for your heartfelt comment. We are happy you chose us to become a part of your family and your father's life.

Outstanding

The staff is committed to personal care, Everyone there is friendly, dedicated, and treats everyone like family. My dad has been in 6 residences in the past year and a half and this is the only one I will recommend.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you Jim for your comment. We hope you continue to recommend us!

A small facility that offers everything a large facility does.

Memory Care Living is a small facility but that works to its advantage in that the staff gets to know a new patient very quickly and knows their likes and dislikes very soon after they become residents. Staff are very friendly and interact with patients in many ways. There are many activities that are selected for various residents' abilities. There is also entertainment brought in from outside such as musicians. PT and OT come in to work with residents. Each resident has their own room; the rooms are pleasant and cozy. Meals are prepared in the kitchen. It is very much a home-like atmosphere.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

We are happy you left such an informative and kind comment. Thank you!

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I liked that this was a smaller, more intimate feeling community. The staff could really get to know each resident as an individual. They do a great job looking after the people who live here, everyone seemed safe and secure.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you for your kind comment. We hope you chose us for your loved one. If you have not we would love for you to tour again and see the positive changes Rachel, our executive director, has made!

Friendly, excellent care, protective while allowing independence

I especially like the people, the smallness of it, the individual care. Everyone knows everyone.

The one drawback right now is that the parking lot is a little small, but it's because of construction.

The staff is excellent, I find no problems there; the food is excellent.

The location is better than the previous location where we had him; it's 15 minutes from my home, very convenient.

The activity director is excellent. She can do many things with many people at the same time. The gentleman that I have staying there is rather solitary and spends a lot of time reading by himself. But they have luncheons and parties, and he enjoys them.

He is very comfortable there; he loves it. He basically likes the independence of not being on a lock down unit. Even though it is a lock down unit, he can go outside and walk around and get fresh air without someone being with him constantly.

I'm very pleased with it. They've been more than cooperative. Anything I've asked has been done.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you for your comment! We are happy you enjoyed your tour and that you have chosen us!

We toured here, it was very cute.

We toured here, it was very cute. I didn't like how small the rooms were. I didn't like the idea of a shared bathroom, and one of them smelled kind of musty like mold or mildew, but not like urine. They are getting ready to renovate it so I may check it out again, to see how it looks after.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

We are happy you chose us to tour. We have renovated so please feel free to come back and see how Princeton is! We hope you love it as much as we do! Please call to set up a visit!

Not very well maintained. T...

Not very well maintained. Torn furniture.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

We have updated our homes! Please tour and see the difference!

we wanted Mom to go here, but they di...

we wanted Mom to go here, but they did not accept her.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

We have changed the admission process and hope you tour again so we can assess your mother and have you all become a part of the Memory Care Living family!

I liked this homey atmosphere and had...

I liked this homey atmosphere and had hoped to place my mom here. No rooms available just yet and then was told my mom would have to be able to self-evacuate in case of emergency. She cannot do this. I liked the friendly staff and other family members.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

We now have rooms available in our Princeton home and we have changed our admission process. We hope you come tour with us again and see the amazing changes as well!

Our memory care living Princeton, NJ community provides expert care for seniors suffering loss of memory from brain trauma, stroke or degenerative disease. With memory-related diseases on the rise, finding quality care can be a challenge. Recognizing this challenge, Fox Trail Senior Living offers many amenities and services to meet the needs of residents with memory loss. Plus, our care professionals understand "senior moments" as a normal process and help residents through changes in his or her memory.