McKellar Place Retirement Residence - Thunder Bay, ON

McKellar Place Retirement Residence - Thunder Bay, ON has yet not published prices.

McKellar Place, My Home

I just want to respond to the review I saw on your site.
My name is [name removed] and I have been a resident of McKellar Place for almost 4 years and this is my home.
Over these years I have made many friends and enjoy the social activities that McKellar Place offers.
The building is clean, bright and very spacious. The Staff are wonderful and always greet everyone with a friendly smile. I use a walker to assist with my mobility and having no doors inside my unit makes it easy for me to maneuver through out my home.
The food is excellent. Meals are very nutritious and portions are good. I enjoy the new Café that just opened up in the building with my circle of friends.
McKellar place is located close to amenities; church, shopping, bus routes with make it easy for me to get around.
I like that everyone looks after each other, we are like family. I would recommend McKellar place to anyone, my unit is perfect, and I am proud to call Mckellar Place home.

Dirty and small!

I called to get an idea of prices and availability for my Mom. [name removed] helped briefly on the phone with a list of what was included. I asked to come and see the apartments the next day.
When I arrived the building was very dirty. It still looks and smells like an old hospital. Though [name removed] was helpful it seemed like she was just trying to push the available apartments on us. Each apartment was small and did not have bedroom doors. Some don't even have windows that open and the outside windows are very dirty.
Seems like the building is in mid-construction and nothing is being completed. Prices are very low but I guess you get what you pay for. I would not move any family member in here. They do no have support staff so it's like living in an old smelly apartment building.