Summer Breeze Senior Living - Savannah, GA

Summer Breeze Senior Living - Savannah, GA has yet not published prices.

Perfect place for Mom or Dad

Summer Breeze offers a beautiful, safe & comfortable home for you or a loved one. Located on Wilmington Island, 10 minutes from 2 major hospitals, within walking distance of shopping, restaurants & medical offices. Independent Living, Assisted Living & Memory Care are provided which allows the residents to age
in place. Surrounded by mossy oaks, sidewalks for walking or biking & a golf course next door this setting is perfect. Stop by for a tour anytime & check out their Cottages.

Irresponsible

Extremely Disappointed with Summer Breeze. Was given a days notice that we would need to evacuate my non-ambulatory father in two days prior to any evacuation order by Chatham Emergency Management. When explaining we weren't setup for his evacuation because of such sort notice, we were told to book a hotel room in Savannah because our home is not equipped for a person with mobility challenges. All the hotel rooms of this sort have already been booked. This is very irresponsible.

Great place

The people here have been very nice to my mother. She also loves the place and she is constantly talking about how beautiful the outside landscape is an how friendly the new groundsmen are (Im sure she talks to them whenever they are outside working on the grounds). Keep up the good work and thank you for taking great care of my mom.

An ok community

My mom was at this community for a short time and there were some staffing changes during this time. The staff were nice and minimally professional, however it seemed that the staff were only there to do a job. The executive director was excellent. They did have some administrative issues. The community is nice it just was not the right fit for my loved one.

Good community but not preferred location

We toured Summer breeze when searching for my uncle. It was a nice community but a little too far from the area we wanted to stay in.

things are going well...

As far as I know, the staff has been very accommodating and friendly to my loved one. She is settled in very well. The place is clean and so far we have no complaints.

Good choice!

Wonderful staff do a good job handling my very difficult parent. Keep her and the rooms clean. Very helpful and welcoming with family members. The other residents seem happy and are also friendly with my parent and me. Very open well-lit and comfortable rooms and open space areas.

Not impressed. Most of the medical assistants are not particularly kind or attentive to the residents. I am constantly having to ask them why my father hasn't received his bath or been shaved. One aide was rough with my father and I had to complain to management. I would move him if he wasn't currently on hospice and the facility is so close to my home. I feel like i need to drop in at odd times to make sure he is getting the care we pay for. They are raising his rent $600.00/month although the care they are charging for is getting worse. They charge $2.00 per meal each day for meals eaten in the room even though my father is on hospice and has severe Parkinsons disease and can't go to the dining room. The management seems uninvolved with what is going on with the residents, however the on duty nurse is very good. If my father wasn't on hospice at this time i would definately move him and wouldn't recommend anyone waste their money on Summer Breeze.

I visited on May 20 and was very impressed with the independent living cottage shown. I am certainly keeping Summer Breeze high on my list. Thank you!

The care is decent

My grandmother lives at the Summer Breeze Senior Living. The care is decent. She enjoys it for the most part. They have outings and transportation to Wal-Mart and other stores. She has multiple medications that she needs. She has most of her medications but they couldn't find her other ones. It has been a pretty good experience. They just need a little improvement on the care services.

Superior Community

I was very impressed with the staff and overall feel of the community. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for Senior Living for their loved one.

I was impressed by the faci...

I was impressed by the facility and the staff, and it was real close to our home. If we selected a place, it would probably be this one. Money is still a problem.

In keeping with Savannah tradition, we make hospitality an art form. Summer Breeze offers a full complement of senior living options with the largest independent Living cottages in the area. We also provide assisted living and Alzheimer’s care services. The Summer Breeze Senior Living community offers a full complement of amenities and supportive services designed to maximize independence and encourage a healthy, active lifestyle. At Summer Breeze, we view life as shared experience, and we work tirelessly to create the best independent and assisted living community possible for the residents and families that depend on us.