Marie's Personal Care Home - Columbus, GA

My Father

Any negative or unjustly [Removed]remarks of this home are not justified. My father resided here for a year and after praying for something Dad could afford I found Marie's Personal Care Home. The people owner noticed my father acting unusual a couple of weeks after he first moved into the home. The owner called 911 and Dad was admitted for aspiration pneumonia and made a full recovery. He has had the best care in this home and the caretaker, [removed], along with hospice gave dad the best care possible in his last days. The person who made the rude remarks has an agenda and is enabling someone who's behavior is collectively disturbing. They caused major disruptions in the home [Removed]l. [Removed]were made to [removed]'s (the caretaker) life. The Homeowners have been honest, fair and treated Dad with the utmost respect.

Not for My Loved One

I visited this care home only once. My first impression was that the house smelled of mildew and mold. I thought for an elderly person 's immune system that is already compromised it would not be a suitable place. While I was there, a resident asked the caregiver's if it was time for him to have his "smoke". The resident was allowed to go into the adjoining room from the main living room with a cigarette and a lighter to smoke. I thought this to be very odd because of the second hand smoke for the other elderly patients there. The facility was not properly gated and a major roadway ran less than 100 yards from the front door.
I also noticed that the bathroom smelled of urine and appeared to have not been cleaned very well. I would not recommend this house for any type of care facility for an elderly person or a person with disabilities.

My fathers care

Any negative or unjustly [Removed] remarks of this home are not justified. My father resided here for a year and after praying for something Dad could afford I found Marie's Personal Care Home. The owner noticed my father acting unusual a couple of weeks after he first moved into the home. The owner called 911 and Dad was admitted for aspiration pneumonia and made a full recovery. He has had the best care in this home and the caretaker, [Removed], along with hospice gave dad the best care possible in his last days. The person who made the rude remarks has an agenda and is enabling someone who's behavior is collectively disturbing. They caused major disruptions in the home and we're heard saying dad was being starved to death when he was terminal. Threats were made to [Removed] (the caretaker) life. The Homeowners have been honest, fair and treated Dad with the utmost respect.

A wonderful staff !!!😊

What a wonderful staff! Very kind and loving to alll of the residence. This cosey home is filled will lots of love and compassion. I would recommend this Personal Care Home to any one looking for a safe and defendable place for you loved one .

Excellent home care like environment

I give Marie's personal home care a 5 star and if there is a scale up to 10 then they deserve that 10. Marie's personal care home gave excellent care to my loved one. I felt a sense of peace and calmness when I know my loved one is in good hands and being cared for by a group of compassionate, caring, kind,fair, empathetic and professional people. I would recommend anyone looking for a nice, clean, pleasant home to consider Marie's as the one. Anyone looking for a peace of mind and want their loved one to get excellent care should then consider Marie's personal home care.
You will not be disappointed!

Lovely home to be great hospitality
The owners wonderful loving people
Great food homestyle cooking
Great memorable enjoyable experience doing business

wonderful caring facility

My experience with this facility was 180% the opposite from the negative reply, These are the most caring and loving people you could ask for, unlike other homes I have visited that just shove the old and sick off in a corner, This place gave total care and attention to my dying, family member,
I actually observed the people at the home whom wrote the negative review, I have never encounter such MEAN,[Removed] people in my life mainly the one they called [Removed] that woman is out of her mind literally! And her husband I never caught his name but what a basket case, the guy never shut up.
To sum it all up these folks really do give one on one care and care about their patients,

The best little care home in Columbus!

Recently my father,[Removed] passed away after a long and arduous battle with Alzheimer's.[Removed] at Maria Care Home went above and beyond with their care of my Dad. Part of that care, unfortunately, included the handling of the much unnecessary "in-fighting with certain family members hellbent on making my Dad's last months on this Earth completely miserable. Despite the nastiness from your other reviewer [Removed], (which happens to be my niece) and others who are determined to trash your name, and business, and the rest of my family know better! Caring for a patient with Alzheimer's is not an easy task, to say the least, but you and your wife and staff at Maria Home Care cooked three meals a day for the entire home and hand fed my father! The caretaker, [Removed] was there with Dad until he took his last breath. Thank you for everything you did for my Dad and the respect and protection that you provided him. You are a Godsend! We thank you from the bottom of our collective hearts for giving our Dad the exceptional CARE and LOVE that can't be bought at any price! Highly recommended!!

[Removed]
JO1, USN, Retired

Not A Nice Place

This care home, if you want to call it that, is a decrepit and stagnant three bedroom house that is run by the most unprofessional personnel. The owner, [Removed], is a money hungry tyrant and her husband her enabler. They do not adhere to the rights of their residents. Any mention of "activities" for the residents is a joke. This is the place for the unwanted. The forgotten. If you are looking for a cheap minimal care facility for your unloved one, this is the place of choice. Minimal care at a cheap price to fill the pockets of the owners is what this "care" home is. If you have a loved one and are trying to find good care with a professional atmosphere, keep searching. This is not the place for the loved. This is a place for the unloved and forgotten.