Brookdale Columbus - Columbus, GA

Brookdale Columbus - Columbus, GA has yet not published prices.

The best fit

The staff have been nice and as helpful as can be. I love the site the yard is immaculate and fenced in. They had a family night and the food was good. They offer daily activities. They have an inner courtyard surrounded by the building. They have a raised bed garden for the residents to enjoy. I would recommend this community.

Mom in Law Doing Great

My mother in law is doing great here at this community. It is a very nice place, and they are taking very good care of her, and her needs. It has been a learning process for us, but a place for mom was very helpful with guiding us in the right direction. They have a wonderful staff here, they have been attentive, and helpful. We know she is safe, and in a good place. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out pretty well for my family.

Dad has made lots of improvements!!

My dad has seemed to make a big improvement since making the move into this community. He has gained weight from eating so well and has really enjoyed all of the meals the chef has been preparing for him especially the sweets. The director also has been really good at keeping in good contact with me about his progress and updates with his health. He has made a few friends and is enjoying his experience so far. Everything is going better than what I had expected and I am very pleased.

Knowledgeable Staff!!

The Brookdale Columbus is a beautiful clean, well-maintained community. The staff was all very friendly and the tour guide was very knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions. Everything just came down to the distance away from my home.

Very caring staff.

A great staff. Was greatly satisfied with the care, and time given to my husband.

Bad experiences at Brookdale.

My dad was at Brookdale for about 2 months and we found them to be understaffed. They also requested that we bring certain items but then were unable to keep up with his things. When I moved him after 2 months, his two sets of sheets, comforter and his throw were unable to be found after several visits to look for them. They failed to do several of the things we were promised they would do.

Brookdale Columbus gets my recommendation!!!

The staff at this community is nice and very helpful. My Mother in law is still adjusting to living here. She does like to participate in some gardening. She likes the food and loves the chef. The community is clean and well taken care of.

Brookdale Columbus the best place for your loved one.

Thank Kim who is such a great person and Ginny. For all the work they did in helping me get a great place for the war veteran I take care are of. I had been trying or almost a year. They both went above and beyond their job requirements. The staff are also great and helpful. Very clean place, great food. Everyone is so helpful. Thank you all again and God Bless all of you.

Mary

Would Not Recommend

Our experiences with this community was not a good one. They were not very professional and did not handle my concerns well. They would not bath my mother everyday unless I paid the fee. They were not good at handling her medication. I feel the CNA's were not properly trained. Every time I called to discuss my concerns no one would call me back. I would not recommend this community.

Very nice looking place

Not for us

This facility is definitely not for us. All residents are required to have a roommate. Everyone is up and at breakfast at 8:00. Fee is a base amount and requested care is on top if that. Much too expensive.

not sure if this is the right fit for her

Brookdale Columbus sometimes it's better and sometimes its not. It smells like urine a lot of times. Today it was okay. I had to help her go to the bathroom while I was visiting. She does say she only see's men around and doesn't want to have them help her. My problem with the place is I am worried that she somewhere that she is not quite ready to be. She is bathing herself and more independent. Most of the residents there have no communication skills. I don't know if she is depressed by that. I just want her in the best place for her. Talking to her today she said she is doing okay. Also my bill has never been right. So that is another issue. Overall I am just not sure if this is the right fit for her.

So far we are very happy with it.

So far we are very happy with it. He loves the food. They are good about communicating, and call us if something arises. I think overall they were comparable to other places we looked at, and less expensive than some.

I enjoyed my visit. I felt so at home here. We are hoping to get my mother in by the first of the year. Everyone was so nice and helpful. They made the visit easier for me.

Friendly knowledgeable staff. Secure facility devoted to memory care. Planned daily, weekly, and monthly activities. Facility appears clean and residents appear cared for.
This is the first residence I've visited. If my mother is eventually placed this residence is high on my list.

Consulting with knowledgeable people

I was very impressed with the ladies I talked with on the phone and the info they gave me concerning the different places in our area. They did not steer me wrong on the one I chose and they were very interested in my needs and wants for my mother. They also called me more than once to check on me and make sure all went well.

Seems like a great place!

This was the community we selected for my loved one, but unfortunately her health took a turn and she was never able to move in. But from what I have seen of the place they do an excellent job here! The staff are friendly, and the facility itself is clean and well kept. I have a few friends with loved ones here as well, and I have never heard a negative word!

Brookdale Columbus is a dedicated memory care community located in Columbus, GA. Columbus is the second largest city in the state, boasting historical sites, a thriving cultural scene and world class medical services. While offering all the conveniences of a big city, Columbus maintains its small town southern charm making it a friendly and welcoming place for people of all ages.

At Brookdale Columbus we offer highly personalized care services with a unique community known as 'Personal Care Specializing in Memory Loss'. We acknowledge that each person experiencing memory loss has a different journey, experiencing different symptoms at different times which is why our unique approach takes that into account when caring for individuals in different stage of the disease. Our staff is carefully chosen and well-trained in caring for seniors with memory loss and provide compassionate care for our residents and their families.

Additional services offered at Brookdale Columbus include:

An active and vibrant social calendar that is engaging and enriches the lives of residents
A strong partnership with the local community
Access to a large network of medical providers
Fine dining with a choice of entrees in a dementia-friendly setting
Around the clock access to an informed, educated and compassionate staff