Mother Happy to the end of her Days

My mother was in Marcella's care for over one and a half years. She was wonderful and my mom had loving care and my sister and I were always welcome to drop in at any time to see her. The home is new and very clean and updated. Everyone has their own room and privacy along with their own temperature control in each room. The living and dining rooms are open and beautiful with quality furniture. The meals are good and my mother never complained. She was clean and Well cared for.

We appreciate Marcella

[Name removed] saw our mother through her last illness. She was caring and treated her with dignity. We visited often and found her well cared for in clean and pleasant surroundings. [Name removed] was always patient with her and the other residents. We appreciated her very much.

We're glad we found Marcella

About a year ago, our family was looking for a new home for my 97-year-old mother who is pleasant most of the time and somewhat cranky some of the time. Marcella was recommended to us as someone who coped very well with seniors like my mother. She listens and soothes and doesn't carry a grudge. Thank goodness! Also, mom says she doesn't want to leave.

Great place to stay

Recently visited this care home and found three residents participating in what looked to be a seated stretching and posture activity class. The young man leading was very knowledgable and easy to follow. What a great way to keep residents involved and offer them an outlet for confidence.

House of horrors. STAY AWAY

I just moved my father from Marcella's Care after two weeks. I did not have previous experience or knowledge about these types of homes before this and was forced to rush my father here after he was hospitalized. I quickly realized the care he was receiving here was not only sub par, but also dangerous to his health. In the two weeks that my father was here, not once did he receive a proper shower despite me asking several times and his increasing smell.

One time I stopped in to check on him and was shocked to find Marcella no where to be found. It turns out she had left all of the residents unattended (only a non-caregiver was present) for what I believe to have been a hair appointment. To make it even worse, when this occurred my father had a bathroom emergency. He was sitting in his own mess when I arrived.

I soon started researching and visiting other care homes to see what would be better. Of the over 10 locations I visited, every one was many times better than this. I found many other places that were great fits and am now extremely happy with the new home. Marcella's common room and kitchen is dirty, the other family members who live there are generally unfriendly and it has proven to be dangerous. I would find it hard to see any reason to place anyone you cared about here.

A Place To Avoid

Stay far away. The level of care here is non-existent - residents are left sitting in their own waste - and, believe it or not, UNATTENDED. That is correct: left alone in a house with no certified caregiver.
The residence is clearly not well maintained or cleaned.
PLEASE do not subject anyone you care about to a "sentence" at Marcella's. It certainly seems that her concerns are financial and not care oriented - a fact that the State of Oregon should certainly be aware of.

very home-like peaceful place

Marcella's Care is a very home-like peaceful place. It is extremely well kept. I think it is probably best suited for level 2 care down, perhaps not as much for those who need more consistent one on one detailed care with very high maintenance needs.

They really are wonderful super caring people that have done everything possible to provide excellent care.

Not a good environment

It seemed like it was just getting started and it was not very well maintained. The proprietor kept apologizing for things and saying there were going to be improvements - like a deck needs to be fixed and the lawn mower isn't working - so we didn't really consider them. I didn't feel it was a very good environment for my father, who I think deserves the best that we can give him.