Mitch’s Care Home - Portland, OR

My sister is happy here

My sister is here in this smaller homey like community. Her medications are being managed and they offer transportation to her dialysis appointments. The food is decent and she loves to interact with the other residents. She gets a lot of one on one care. It is kept clean with no odors. The owner has a grandchild coming around often and also a dog there and that's nice.

Healthy, home cooked meals

I toured here with my brother and husband when looking for a place for my mom to go and I didn’t really have any problem with them. They have a grill and the food is home cooked and healthy and it was really what we were focused on when there. It was clean when I visited. The director’s personality was wonderful. The only reason why we didn’t choose it was because they didn’t have a private bathroom in the room. The facility also has a dog that lives in home and I didn’t think that would be a good idea because my mom is still using a walker.

A great place for Dad!

I am very happy with this caring atmosphere and individual attention to my father's needs.

Amazing Staff!!

I have been very pleased with the service Lilly and Mitch have provided for my loved one. They are always keeping me informed and are great at problem solving. The home is always kept clean, and they provide excellent meals. I am very happy and comfortable with my mother in there care.

Mom's Care

This community is wonderful for my mom. She is being taken care of by a wonderful staff that is helping her in everyway. They are helping her with all her special care needs on what she is requesting for meals. They do offer activities for those who want to participate. the community is well kept and very clean living environment.
Family members would be happy with this community in eveyway.

This place is outstanding in every way. I visited 6 care homes and two large facilities before choosing Mitch's for my 92 year old Mom. This house is extremely clean, decorated cheerfully, with no odors, at all. There is a lovely deck and garden in the back, a friendly dog, and the owners Mitch & Lilli maintain a welcoming and loving atmosphere. They live on the premises and do the vast majority of work themselves.
An additional asset is that Lilli (owner/manager) is very well acquainted with the health care system in Portland for elders, and is generous with advice. And Mitch worked for years in other long term care facilities. They are compassionate, intelligent and know exactly what they are doing with elder care. Plus, the place is just plain fun (that's not something I can say about any other long term care facilities I've visited). I highly recommend this place. Btw, I heard from several of the visiting nurses and hospice staff that Mitch's is considered one of the best care homes in the Portland metro area. They don't advertise, so it's a hidden gem.

This place is outstanding! The house is immaculate and tastefully decorated. The owner-operators Mitch & Lillie are great --- friendly, warm, conscientious. They live on the premises and perform or closely supervise all resident care. They are also intelligent and knowledgeable of the health care system for the elderly, and gave me lots of valuable advice. I have watched Lillie gently straightening residents’ blankets when they are napping, carefully assisting residents to their rooms and just chatting happily with them. I toured eight other homes/facilities before choosing this one -- it was the best, hands down. My mom and I were both delighted with the place. Highly recommended.