Comfort Home - Portland, OR

Comfort Home is a "newly built" Adult Care Home located in the Raleigh Hills neighborhood of Washington County, Portland, OR. We opened our doors in 2009. We have 5-Resident bedrooms, each 13'x18' with a private bathroom. The living area consists of a "open floor plan" with the living, dining and kitchen all together and provides excellent socialization for everyone. We have a roll-in master shower room, extra wide hallway. A garage that will meet the needs for any craft or hobby a resident may want to do. Much thought was put in the design of this Care Home for the functional use for our residents.  Every detail has a purpose. The home is featured with central heating and air conditioning. This high tech furnace provides individual room zoned heating and cooling, but more important, the air itself is filtered, circulated and replaced with fresh air every 28 minutes. This feature alone helps eleminate the spread of germs and viruses from one to another. Comfort Home is wheelchair accessible to and from the front door. The back door opens into a fairly large covered all-season courtyard, then into a large secured backyard. Our home has an interior and exterior alarm system and surveillance cameras surrounding the outside of the home. Each bedroom is equipped with an emergency staff call system. Four of our bedrooms have an emergency fire evacuation door as well and all have a window. All outside walkways are smooth concrete making resident mobility effortless. We have been Caregivers since 2004 and base our homes concept on providing an environment that enriches people's lives through quality services in a "homelike" setting. The home is staffed with 2 caregivers with one of them as our live soon to become Resident Manager. Susan the Provider lives on the premises also. Each caregiver is highly educated, skilled, and participates in continuing education annually. We promote an atmosphere of family, warmth, happiness, peace, serenity and security for our Residents. We provide 24/7 care, three nutritious meals and snacks per day, activities and assistance in all the "activities of daily living." We encourage family participation. We treat the families as our own here. We have an open invite families members to join their loved one in having a meal with them in our home any time they would like. We celebrate holidays and Birthdays also. We invite you to visit our home or call us any day of the week between 9:30am and 8pm. We would enjoy the time to talk with you if you are interested.

designed around foster home care. large rooms, good closets, every room has a door to the outside. smoking on premises, no medicaid support

Great Place

comfort home living was recommended by A place for Mom and it is exactly what we and Mom wanted.....triple stars.

Home for Mom

Our family toured 9 other facilities before coming to Comfort Home. Did not know there were so many homes that could not fill our needs. Mom is still independent and does not require very much help - medication, meal preparation, standby while bathing were our first concerns.
Bill and his staff - Susan (Resident Manager), Amber and Melissa - are all very good with the residents. They are kind and compassionate and keep their sense of humor when residents can become "testy". I was my husbands caregiver for over 22 years and know that is difficult to do all day and everyday!! Our family is pleased to see Mom adjusting so well to foster home living after living alone for over 15 years. I would recommend this foster home for your loved one. They have 2 ladies and 1 gentleman plus my mom at this time. It is so peaceful and quiet it just feels like home when you walk in the door.

This Home is Exceptional

My mother loved her stay at this care home till the day she passed. This was an easy choice for me to place my mother here. The staff gave my mom the upmost care and catered to her every need. The owner is a caring gentleman and the resident manager makes everyone feel at home and welcome, and understands my mother's needs and everyone's needs. You need to know that the home provides the care these elderly people need, and the staff here goes beyond that need daily. It's a newer home, not what you expect upon your first visit, but you will understand it is totally functional for the resident's mobility once you spend a couple hours there. This home is a must if your looking for an adult care home for a loved one. They do it all, (I never got charged for any extras either) and your worries are put to rest at Comfort Home. Ya... look at this home!

Bill Kirk and Susan Nault

Quick reply here...

Cost is $3,000 to 3,500 per...

Cost is $3,000 to 3,500 per month. Currently there are 3 females and one other male living in the home. They are authorized to have five residents. The rooms are private with toilets and sinks. Showering is done separately to ensure that no one falls trying to shower by themselves. According to the resident manager, Susan, the meals are really good. They try to provide activities to the level that residents can participate. I wasn't impressed with my talk with the resident manager. My 'radar' tells me they wouldn't like this situation.

Bill Kirk and Susan Nault

The cost was and is not $3,000 to $3,500. The base rate cost is $2,800. Rate may be higher depending on any special care needs. The Resident Manager Susan is very caring and listens to other and is very helpful.