Maple Lawn Homes - Eureka, IL has yet not published prices.

Horrible Management Creating a Toxic Environment

The nursing staff could be excellent, but seem to be limited by poor management and severe staffing issues that often take precedence over patient care since the nurses are expected to deal with the frequent staffing issues while caring for the residents. Resident care seems to suffer as a result. While visiting, I heard the nursing director threaten the staff nurses with their jobs at the nurse's station due to a staffing issue, and on another occasion I heard her tell them they weren't allowed to call the on-call doctor. I approached the director about problems with my family member, and she repeatedly lied to me and made promises that were never kept. As a result, I removed my mother from this facility. I would consider returning if the management was replaced, however I believe that she is currently creating a toxic work environment and the care of the residents living here suffers greatly as a result. I want the best care possible for my mother and believe that a nurse should be able to use his or her judgment on when a doctor needs to be notified, and that the nursing staff should be focused on resident care and not staffing issues - which should be an administrative responsibility.